Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:20:27 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your "go to" detailing products?  (Read 40791 times)
Deep Gloss

Reputation Power: 1
Deep Gloss pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
spend 5 hours detailing her today. still not where i want it to be. need to try wool pad

I doubt you need wool for soft honda paint... What products (pad / polish) and machine did you use?
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2009, 01:42:35 PM »

Quote from: "Deep Gloss"
spend 5 hours detailing her today. still not where i want it to be. need to try wool pad

I doubt you need wool for soft honda paint... What products (pad / polish) and machine did you use?

manzerna deep gloose compound, yellow and green pad, then menzerna 85d i think with green pad (LLC pads), and then i think black with some fmj
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 01:59:56 PM by AV6NHBP6SPD » Logged

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Deep Gloss

Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2009, 01:53:03 PM »

manzerna deep gloose compound, yellow and green pad, then menzerna 85d i think with green pad (LLC pads), and then i think black with some finishing touches

I think you mean Menzerna Power Gloss compund...

Yellow pad is VERY agressive.. I cant imagine an anything more than an orange pad would be needed (if that). The next thing is that to jump from a compound to 85rd will not work. Compounds have such aggresive abrasives that they create micro marring of their own. 85rd has VERY LITTLE cut and cant remove the micro marring Power gloss created. Power Gloss is some agressive stuff (think rocks in a bottle).

An option would be Meguiars 105 Ultra Cut compund... this cuts great like a compound should but finishes off so much better than Power Gloss... You prob could use a white pad and get great correction and then go to a medium polish (like SIP on white) and then 85rd on black pad. If the 105 on white pad doesn't start you off right then the entire game plan needs to be changed.

Always do a test spot, do all the steps you have planned out on that test spot and inspect. If it doesn't look like you want to need to adjust your plan accordingly. By doing this you save yoruself from doing the entire car only to not like the results.

So in short, I think your prob is that you started off VERY agressive and went straight to a pad/polish with very little cut so you didn't remove the micro marring your 1st step induced
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2009, 03:16:30 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Holy shit Justin!!  Are you sure it's a wire brush?

yes, its sharp hardened steel with millions of wires that shoot flames off of the brush. :twisted:

no.  its not an actual metallic wire brush, but with soft "wire looking" bristles that come off it and fit right between my spokes.  i figured you guys would be keen enough to know i wouldn't use an actual wire brush.  I've been using it since i got the car on my OEM wheels but don't use it on the summer wheels because that works just fine with a sponge.  they're ridiculously easy to keep clean

J u s t i n
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2009, 03:25:30 PM »

manzerna deep gloose compound, yellow and green pad, then menzerna 85d i think with green pad (LLC pads), and then i think black with some finishing touches

Yellow pad is VERY agressive.. I cant imagine an anything more than an orange pad would be needed (if that). The next thing is that to jump from a compound to 85rd will not work. Compounds have such aggresive abrasives that they create micro marring of their own. 85rd has VERY LITTLE cut and cant remove the micro marring Power gloss created. Power Gloss is some agressive stuff (think rocks in a bottle).

An option would be Meguiars 105 Ultra Cut compund... this cuts great like a compound should but finishes off so much better than Power Gloss... You prob could use a white pad and get great correction and then go to a medium polish (like SIP on white) and then 85rd on black pad. If the 105 on white pad doesn't start you off right then the entire game plan needs to be changed.

Always do a test spot, do all the steps you have planned out on that test spot and inspect. If it doesn't look like you want to need to adjust your plan accordingly. By doing this you save yoruself from doing the entire car only to not like the results.

So in short, I think your prob is that you started off VERY agressive and went straight to a pad/polish with very little cut so you didn't remove the micro marring your 1st step induced

trying not to buy any more stuff. already have almost full menzerna line, just need to know what product use with which pad(already have tons of pads as well), i think i have all colors of pads from LLC as well

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Deep Gloss

Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »

trying not to buy any more stuff. already have almost full menzerna line, just need to know what product use with which pad(already have tons of pads as well), i think i have all colors of pads from LLC as well

What green pad do you have? There are 2 types  -one is between a white and an orange and one is between a white and a black
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2009, 04:31:43 PM »

What green pad do you have? There are 2 types  -one is between a white and an orange and one is between a white and a black

one after orange before white one i guess. couse i think chart was, yellow>orange>green>white>black>blue and red

Misha
Deep Gloss

Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »

one after orange before white one i guess. couse i think chart was, yellow>orange>green>white>black>blue and red

In that case:
SIP Green
106 white
85rd black

If that doesn't work:
SIP orange
SIP Green
106 white
85rd black

Like I said earlier, do a test panel to test your satisfaction before you go on to the rest of the car
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2009, 05:00:38 PM »

In that case:
SIP Green
106 white
85rd black

If that doesn't work:
SIP orange
SIP Green
106 white
85rd black

Like I said earlier, do a test panel to test your satisfaction before you go on to the rest of the car

cool. thanks again. by your recommendation i got menzerna line. ill try that next time.

Misha
Deep Gloss

Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2009, 08:44:59 PM »

In that case:
SIP Green
106 white
85rd black

If that doesn't work:
SIP orange
SIP Green
106 white
85rd black

cool. thanks again. by your recommendation i got menzerna line. ill try that next time.

Menzerna kicks arse.. Only reason I mentioned Meguiars M105 Ultra Cut Compund is because it cuts fast and hard and finishes out with much less self induced micro marring than power gloss which means you need to do less follow up clean up work...

If you are breaking down your products correctly by using the above steps you should be fine
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2009, 09:10:20 PM »

maybe my problem is that i have RDS. but otherwise i was pretty satisfied with what i did, i do see haze after i did DG, but it went away after rd85

Misha
Deep Gloss

Deep Gloss pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »

maybe my problem is that i have RDS. but otherwise i was pretty satisfied with what i did, i do see haze after i did DG, but it went away after rd85

Jumping from a HEAVY compund with an AGRESSIVE pad to a pad with medium cut and polish with VERY little cut is the problem...
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »

Wet Paint Glaze makes me happy Cheesy:D:D:D
Duragloss 105
Menzerna Intensive Polish
Zaino Clay Bar
Zaino Z5
Zaino Z2
Poor Boy's Bold n Bright
McGuires Interior Cleaner (Non greasy)

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2009, 08:04:21 AM »

Jay, what you think of Petes 53? or what wax would you recomend? p21?

Misha
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »

here is what i have, just did little inventory
Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60
Menzerna Polish PO85RD
Menzerna Finishing Glaze PO115C
Menzerna PowerGloss S34A
Menzerna Super Finish (Nano) PO 106 FA

mothers step two sealer and glaze
mothers step one cleaner

maguairs techwax 2.0
maguairs spray wax

products ordered (should be here this week)
Petes 53 carnuba wax
P21 Carnuba wax
maguairs gold glass wax

Lake country pads
i think only one i dont have is red kind
wool pad
black pads (also have some 3m once)
green pads
orange pads
yellow pads
white pads
blue pad

some are in 5.5" and 4" size

Misha
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012