Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:52:34 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New M90 SC kit on it's way.....  (Read 38537 times)
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2010, 09:32:43 PM »

Revision 2 (Final Release) kit finally finished and in testing......

Small video, still tuning it out so only a 80% throttle pull at 7-8PSI....

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »

Looks awesome Paul. I may have to snag that and everything else from you. Time to start saving.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2010, 11:51:10 PM »

Nice.  I must get a ride the next time I'm down there.  The last time I was there, the motor was out of your car, and the time before that the SC was out because you were rebuilding it.  We will talk soon Paul.  I'm glad to see you had time to get things up and running.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2011, 10:52:05 AM »

Sounds awesome!!!!
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »

Looks sick. Nice job Paul.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2012, 06:38:49 AM »

Time for a update, made a little change this time and Water jacketed the actual blower to remove heat at the source. This should not only reduce added heat to the charge air but also extend blower life and performance by keeping it cooler.Well, here are some pics of the Water Jacketed M90 on the moch up stand I have. Still waiting on a few odds and ends to install it on my car for testing.

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »

Jaw Dropper!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2012, 08:32:07 AM »

To be blunt... Fucking amazing!
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2012, 11:50:59 AM »

Great idea Paul.  What's your opinion on the water jacketed snouts that Stiegmeier makes?  Is that something you've considering doing to improve bearing life?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:56:29 AM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »

I did think about it and could easily do it but the compression housing is where most of the heat is generated.

Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »

Someday I hope my engine can be that badass...

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »

I did think about it and could easily do it but the compression housing is where most of the heat is generated.

I read up on the research that Stiegmeier did and from my understanding, they found that there was a significant difference in temperatures at the inlet end of the case and the snout end of the case.

When will you be doing testing on this new set up?

Tim
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2012, 04:44:29 PM »

>Cheesy amazing

NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »

Well the first one is in and started testing. now I need to start building a tune for my car with it. There is one design change I still have to make, I originally wanted to use "short" adaptors for the mani and SC to allow for customer customazation weather they wanted to use different means of aftercooling or not, and use a silicone 90D elbow at the mani, but the vacume of the engine causes it to collapse partially, I can get by with it to start testing, but already ordered a bunch of 90D cast aluminum elbows and will have to re-make the mani adaptors. The only positive is I will also be fabricating in a 1/8NPT bung for water/meth to shoot it into the center of the mani opening.

Also Bob your core failed, after the SC reached full op temp I did the first push to about 4psi and one of the teeth on the rotor gears sheared off and allowed the rotors to declock and impact each other. I had a couple of extra rotor packs left over from housing porting experimants and so I replaced yours with one of them after cleaning up the inside of your housing, the impacting rotors lets some aluminum lose and lightly scratched up the inside of the housing in a couple places.

And here is a pic of the PS pump inlet elbows. I really need to clean the lense on my camera.

Oh and while doing this testing I have some additional fun, I get to rebuild one of our 5sp ATs, I finally found a source for upgraded clutches and am going to give them a try and see how they hold up.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:57:25 AM by NVA-AV6 » Logged

Dynamatt
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Dynamatt pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2013, 04:38:54 PM »

Any updates on this project?
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print