Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:57:40 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension clunk from front PS - case closed?  (Read 25461 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »

You sure you're just not hearing things? Did you check the other side at all? Or are you just concentrating on the passenger side?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »

Positive. I hit sharp bumps with passenger side only and it happens. I hit with driver's side, silence.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »

Hey you can come by this weekend so we can check out your suspension then you can help me replace the bushings on mine, deal?

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2013, 09:29:58 PM »

I was just thinking about off the wall obscure parts that may be causing my issue. What's to say that #'s 3, 4, 5/6, 7, 8, 9/10, 31, 32 or 41 haven't failed? I don't know why it occurred to me now instead of sooner but if what was suggested has been replaced or is intact, what's to say one of those corners isn't bouncing around? Follow my thought process?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2013, 10:00:15 PM »

I think your be able to tell if any of those bolts have failed and cracked with a visual inspection.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 12:29:36 AM »

3 and 7 are bushings that are pressed into your sub frame.  4 and 8 are sandwiched between your sub frame and chassis.  If any of the bolts are loose, it might cause it.  You should check them and make sure they are torqued properly.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 08:00:46 AM »

I'm going to have to put it up on the rack again and check it out. I don't see how ANY of those bolts could've come loose as I've never broken them free in the last 4.5 years but since I've exhausted every other option, why not right?

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 04:12:45 PM »

Another report. All hardware as tight as it came from the factory. I took out those two hunks of steel that probably weigh a total of 10 lbs just for shits and giggles. No thing. I even took the mechanic that did my wheel balancing yesterday for a quick run around the block on a bumpy road and had him scratching his head after telling him everything I've done. Anybody got some thermite to donate to me?

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 05:37:11 PM »

Get rid of the car. It's defective.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 05:41:18 PM »

You should take your own advice.

Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 08:48:48 PM »

Hahaha, seriously tho, lets take a step back for a sec. This started on your trip from FL last year, when u did your compliance bushing it stopped temporarily which would seem like something that you took off during that installation may be the culprit, but you've been through that. Ok now let's ingore the suspension, could it be something under the hood on that side? Upper tie bar hitting something, lose windshield washer fluid bottle, etc. i know it's a stretch, but what else?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:51:23 PM by Rich01 » Logged

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 09:01:39 PM »

One thing that mechanic suggested to rule out a possibly defective PS engine mount (which for some strange reason, I'm still leaning towards that) is to disconnect it from the block. I could still drive on it, albeit temporarily through the neighborhood (which you've seen how bumpy those streets are Rich) and see if the noise persists. Like you said, its a stretch but I have no hair to pull out of my skull at this point.

NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2013, 09:37:41 PM »

Thermite is easy to make, did it once just for shits and giggles.........

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Thermite
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:39:49 PM by NVA-AV6 » Logged

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2013, 10:06:15 PM »

Don't tempt me Paul.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2013, 08:31:58 AM »

I haven't tried disconnecting my PS mount yet but I had some thoughts on what else could be the cause. I know you can check for ball joint play by grabbing the wheel on opposing sides and give it a shake and go around the wheel looking for more play somewhere. Things is, I've done that and get no movement but what's to say a ball joint isn't busted? Any other ways of checking save for dismantling of the suspension? The problem has amplified since my last post and it seems that any irregularities in the road causes the noise but of course its pretty quick and painful if I were to go over a road that's textured like fucking cobblestones. Ideas?

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012