Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:09:47 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] timot_one  (Read 195242 times)
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 21, 2014, 08:55:58 PM »

This is looking awesome Tim! You'll have to show me in person, its been too long!

- Bobby
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 21, 2014, 09:32:07 PM »

Who's residential ac did you steal those fans from?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: April 21, 2014, 09:58:09 PM »

looking good Tim. Whats the goal for this block?

With the 1.3l blower and the new manifold, I'd like to see if I can make 500+ hp and 450 lb/ft.  I'm hoping the longer runners with this manifold design will help improve torque.  When I upgrade to the 2.3l blower, I'd like to see around 650-700 hp and 550-600 lb/ft. 

There are a few upgrades with the motor too.  It turns out the first machine shop was wrong and the cylinders were out of spec to run 88mm pistons.  I had to bore the sleeves out to 89mm and get new pistons.  From what I've been told, CP (my old pistons) calculated the compression ratio based on a 52cc combustion chamber, which is actually smaller than it actually is.  So my old set up was more like 10.5:1, instead of the advertised 11.1:1.  With the new pistons, they will actually be a true 11:1 compression.  Since my pistons are +2mm larger, it increases my displacement to 2463.6cc, which would technically make it a 2.5l now.  I'm also testing a larger .540 lift intake cam, a smaller blower pulley, larger injectors and a new manifold with a significantly upgraded water to air system.

This is looking awesome Tim! You'll have to show me in person, its been too long!

Drop by any time man.  I should be around this weekend if you're free.  I'll even take you for a ride in the Civic.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: April 23, 2014, 07:24:23 PM »

I got the tracking info today for my motor.  It looks like it will be delivered tomorrow. 

I'll be getting it on the engine stand asap and claying it this weekend with the new high lift intake cam.

Who's residential ac did you steal those fans from?

Those are actually SPAL 13" low profile puller fans, and move 1032 cfm each.  I picked them specifically because SPAL is well known for their electric fans and because they are only 2 1/16" deep.  With a radiator that has a core that's three times as thick as the stock one, I wanted to make sure that I had room for the supercharger since it will be in a different position than before with the new manifold design.  I think this set up should suit my cooling needs.  Overall, the radiator and fans should help a lot compared to the old stock set up.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: July 02, 2014, 10:43:06 AM »

I have a few updates with some pics. I was able to finish getting the motor back together last night. I'm just waiting on the fabrication to start on the blower plenum and then I should be close to done with the motor.

Since it's been a while that I've posted any pics, here's some of the progress since the last round.

Here's the Bell liquid to air core that I'll be shoehorning in between the blower and runners.

I found two holes in the trunk that were the perfect size for the bulkhead fittings I have for the water tank lines.

I located the blower in the engine bay and made some brackets to hold it in place for the plenum fabrication.

Pulled the motor out and got it on a stand to double check everything before I brought it over to the guy doing the fab work on the plenum.

Then my buddy Stefan came over to help me check v2p clearance since he has a bunch of fancy tools.

I had my Xcessive 58mm runners polished and a little more port work done in the intake side of my head.

I lapped the valves and got the head assembled this past weekend.

I decided to put the head on since I had time. This made is seem like I was actually making progress.

So, last night I started putting more stuff on the motor and was able to get everything back together minus the accessories, which are bolted on to my mock up block right now for the plenum fabrication.

That is all for now.

Tim
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: August 14, 2014, 11:36:08 PM »

If anyone cares, here are some more pics.

Got my wheels cleaned up a little too so you can actually see the color when they're out in the sun.

And I decided to snap a picture with the Civic next to the Accord.

My new noise maker.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #531 on: August 15, 2014, 08:08:46 PM »

All of these are great but, man I love that Civic!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: August 18, 2014, 07:36:58 AM »

Thanks Mike. It's a great car.

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 23, 2014, 03:38:52 PM »

Yup. Definitely a fan of the civic

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: August 24, 2014, 03:43:24 PM »

SMH

As always, the built Accord is overshadowed by a completely bone stock Civic. Sleeper status achieved.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #535 on: August 25, 2014, 09:13:32 PM »

Its not your everyday civic.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: December 18, 2014, 02:12:53 PM »

Been slacking on my updates because it seems like people done care that much if I'm not doing a 7.5 front end conversion with a drop and some rimz with some stretched tires and a ton of camber in the rear.

For those that care. Here's the good part.

Now the bad...
I busted 4th gear driving it part throttle. It could have been all the torque, but I suspect a bad gearset.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 18, 2014, 05:01:50 PM »

I care Tim. My accord's performance aspirations live vicariously through yours. As for the conversions, hellastretch mad tyte frush JDM yo shit, I could do without.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 18, 2014, 07:32:45 PM »

Just because I don't respond or comment doesn't mean that I don't care, bud. I check in, on the site, multiple times per day. As for your build, like Z, I live through yours Wink.

Rich
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 18, 2014, 08:43:36 PM »

I do care too, I'm constantly talking about your build with friends.
That thing is a beast !

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012