Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:08:53 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Header Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 83581 times)
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2011, 06:09:15 PM »

Since they are the same motor externally, yes it will bolt up.  All K series headers will bolt up to all K series heads.  The real difference between them is clearance with the chassis.  You can get a high flow cat or a test pipe if you want, but I ran into issues with mine throwing a P0420 code for low catalyst efficiency.  I had to get a defouler to get rid of the code before I kpro'd my car.  If you like dual exhaust, go for it.  Make sure you step down the diameter of the pipe after the split.

so run a 2.5 everything else, and have a 2.25 catback?

what are the differences between highflow cat and a test pipe?
is one louder than the other? and the test pipe would throw out more emissions right?

Moessteezy

Names Moe

Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2011, 06:13:36 PM »

@rushzer0
Thats good to hear. So i can put on more bolt ons than i thought and beable to switch it all over to the new motor once i do the swap.
i dont want anything to loud. Cops out in southern california love pulling over loud hondas. They dont mess with muscle but as soon as they see a honda they turn they lights on.
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »

I would love to get my hands on the Greddy Evo2 heared it sounds nice on our 4bangers and i love the look of those.

But they discontiued them  Cry Cry

^ anyone know where i can get them used maybe?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2011, 08:46:18 PM »

The evo2 is a loud exhaust dude. Ask Tim. He had that exhaust and promptly got rid of it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2011, 11:16:07 PM »

The evo2 is a loud exhaust dude. Ask Tim. He had that exhaust and promptly got rid of it.

haha well there goes that idea.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2011, 12:24:33 AM »

I recommend a higher flowing cat (maybe a magnaflo unit) bigger tubing (2.5" is a good size) and possibly a resonator if you want to cut back on drone, dual cat-backs will just add unnecessary weight for our 4bangers IMO but some people love the look so it's personal preference really

I'm personally going after a little more flow, going to 3" tubing,bigger hi-flo cat (to match tubing) and a longer resonator to quiet it down a little more (18" from 12" also with bigger inlets/outlets) and an apexi world sport 2 muffler to finish it off...it's gonna be loud but apparently the cops where I live only worry about if your muffler is a straight thru and if you removed anything from the stock system ie:cat and/or resonator learned this after getting pulled over and a warning for a burnt out light so I thought why not aha I read on k20a.org there is a tiny bit more power to be had by doing so but the 3" setup may not fly where your from (noise laws/emissions)

I think 2.5" is about as big as you're going to want to go for a stock Accord motor.  I'd recommend 2.25" back instead.

Rushzer0, what engine mods do you have to need to upgrade to a 3" exhaust?  If you have just basic bolt ons to a K24A4 or A8, you will be hurting your performance.  Your post doesn't really give me much insight to what you have in your motor.  There are very few guys with K24 Accords running 3" exhausts that actually need them.  If you are going to get a 3" exhaust, I'd suggest you have Paul build yours for you.  It's top notch work and is the best exhaust system set up that I've had so far.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2011, 12:34:36 AM »

Some food for thought... On my old car I had the v6 coupe exhaust installed on my i4. My car felt slower after it (I have an auto, so it's all low-RPM driving). I know Z said he felt an improvement on his car, but he has an MT, so he revs higher a lot more often. The v6 exhaust is marginally larger I think, so if you do anything more, you're just going to hurt performance like Tim said.

Moessteezy

Names Moe

Moessteezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2011, 12:55:28 AM »

Some food for thought... On my old car I had the v6 coupe exhaust installed on my i4. My car felt slower after it (I have an auto, so it's all low-RPM driving). I know Z said he felt an improvement on his car, but he has an MT, so he revs higher a lot more often. The v6 exhaust is marginally larger I think, so if you do anything more, you're just going to hurt performance like Tim said.

i just liked the look of dual exhaust if its not ganna help performance wise i dont want it.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2011, 01:50:52 AM »

Nothing too major done motor wise as of yet (I/H/E mildly Ported mani,port matched head,engine damper) but I'm slowly collecting the pieces for my turbo build this winter, got my Manley turbo tuff rods, waiting to store the car, to take the motor out/apart see what shape the cylinder walls are in and if I can get away with boring them, and if not I'll send it out to get sleeved once I figure that out then I can order my pistons and bearings in the correct size and I don't mind losing a little power right now, if it does harm performance, because I will practically need a 3" once I'm on boost anyways. And I totally would get Paul to make me one but where I live on a tiny island on the east coast of Canada the shipping cost would be pretty high, I got my current exhaust setup welded up and put on for $100+a Tim hortons run (labour,piping and materials that does not include what I spent on the header,resonator,cat,muffler that I got through work) ahaha got the deal through work connections so I'll probably just hit them up again
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2011, 04:12:34 PM »

Just like the other threads, I have taken the MULTIPLE threads that all have the same fucking topic and lumped them into one thread.  I have done this because there is no reason to have more than one thread for one topic.  Any more new threads that are created will be deleted and a temporary ban may be considered for not following the forum's rules.  Please post any questions, comments, or advice in this thread instead of creating a new thread from now on.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2011, 03:40:03 PM »

whats the size to replace the flex pipe on the dc sports ceramic header again? 4 inches long by 2 inches? i think im gonna get a vibrant turbo flex pipe with interlock, or should i just stick with the standard one from vibrant
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:47:13 PM by fabulous010 » Logged

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 29, 2012, 12:52:05 PM »

Anyone know if the Top Speed Pro-1 Header for the 04-08 Acura TSX fits?  Would it be a direct bolt on?  Assuming I may have to do a little bit of modification since the lengths of the OEM TSX and Accord headers are different.  Thanks in advance!

EDIT:  Anyone have any objections to the Ebay OBX race header?  Another Accord owner has stated that the quality isn't that bad:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?p=877715
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:16:52 PM by HEcreated487 » Logged

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 29, 2012, 02:48:51 PM »

I just bought DC Header 4-2-1 2 piece header, didn't bother with the rest.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 29, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »

Most anything meant for the tsx will bolt on to the accord with minor, if any, modification. That being said, things I've read about most headers for both platforms is the flex pipe is weak. Just keep that in mind. Most people will tell you to get a specific brand because of the name. In this case, try out what you think will work for you and report your findings. That's the only way people will see alternatives to the big name shit that fails at specific points.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 29, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »

Dc Headers work fine, no complaints for me. For the flex pipe issue, I just welded a metal pipe there, no more flex pipe worrying.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012