Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:15:55 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detailed: Infinity G35 (dealership detail correction)  (Read 1864 times)
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2010, 10:10:21 PM »

This 2007 Infiniti G35 was in desperate need of a proper correction detail, a recent purchase by it's owner with only 13k original miles on it. Clearly it had fallen victim to poor dealership detailing and the damage was evident even in the shade, as you will see in the pictures to follow. This black car looked almost it had a matte finish before the correction, the 50/50 shots will clearly explain the difference. Process and products are listed!

Products used

Meguiars 105 + wool pad

Menzerna 203 + orange pad

CG wheel cleaner

P21S TAW

P21S paint cleanser

Meguiar’s super degreaser (tires/wheels wells)

Meguiar’s wheel brightener (wheels)

Danase Paint Sealant

CG metal wax

Rejex

3M adhesive remover

Procedure:

Car was sprayed with P21S TAW and then rinsed. Washed with CG citrus wash clear.

Correction steps.

Paint thickness was checked, was reading in 300 on most panels, looks like it was repainted,  roof and couple panels were original (readings from 76-106. Paint had very similar properties after trying several combination of pads and polishes, Meguairs M105 and Wool were chosen since they got out most imperfections on first pass. Whole car was done with this combo. Followed with Menzerna 203 and orange, then wiped with P21S paint cleanser. Sealed with Denasee paint cleanser.

Exhaust was cleaned with CG metal wax since it was in good condition. Wheels cleaned with CG wheel cleaner.

Tail lights polished with Menzerna 203 and orange pad.

Glass cleaned. Tire dressed with poor boys bold and bright

As car arrived

Buffer trails probably from previous detail

Adhesive removed using 3m adhesive remover

After wash

Wheels cleaned with CG wheel cleaner, sealed with Rejex

50/50 pictures after Meguiars m105 and wool (hood after 105 and wool and 203 and orange)

Reflection/Finished pictures

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Deepfrezze1
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
Deepfrezze1 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:38:32 PM »

hey what do u use on the rims?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 12:29:19 AM »

Read the post.  He listed what they used on the wheels.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 09:05:52 AM »

Amazing transformation! I think I would have cried both before and after if I was the owner.  I don't think I've seen a G35 coupe without a spoiler before and I have to say it looks very clean!  But the front license plate has to go!

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012