Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:29:43 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Good Tire Thread**  (Read 59259 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 07:52:43 PM »

I could've told you not to get Nankangs. Sorry for the bad tires.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 08:35:04 PM »

Has anyone ever had Cooper Tires. My Dad is an engineer there, so I get a good discount. I think that I am going to get them but Im not sure. He says that they are actually good tires, but you dont hear much about them, I know that they make the tires for the Roush Mustangs. I am going to get a 235/45/17 in this tire, if I go Cooper. I get them for $80.00/tire with free installation, so its tempting.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 08:47:38 PM »

In all honosty. Cooper tires aren't that great. I've seen a lot of bad things with Cooper tires. Tread seperation, blow outs for no reason, very crappy wear.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 08:56:34 PM »

That's what I have always thought. I have a feeling he is just saying that because he works there. We have never owned a set, so I have no clue. He has nothing to do with making the tire, so I don't know how he would know if they are good tires. I like BFG GSports a lot, based off apearence. I don't rePly want to hurt his feelings by not getting his companies tires, but he is not buying them so I won't feel that bad.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 09:11:05 PM »

Reputable companies I would go with are as follows: Bridgestone, Yokohama, BF Goodrich, Nitto, and Falkens
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »

I got the Cooper Zeon Sport A/S tires and havent had/experienced any of those type of problems.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 01:57:06 AM »

--> Ibcnunv

That gash looks like you hit something metal on the road...Thien could tell better than me though.  I detail a couple cars on a regular basis and I saw a very similar gash on a set of Bridgestone tires.

--> Thien

I'm sort of surprised you listed Nitto and Falken.  The past month I spend about an hour a day reading tire reviews from many forums ranging from Honda to Nissan to BMW.  First off, trying to make sense of tire reviews is exhausting and confusing as shit!  You can have one positive review for a tire and the next person say it is complete shit.  Anyways, from what I read it seems folks like the Nitto Invo and Neo-gen tires...not sure about the rest.  Falken is interesting too.  Some people love Falken (FK-452 and ZE-912)...others say they do not wear well and are cheap.  I got the feeling that Nitto and Falken are considered so-so tires by most....but hell I don't work in the industry like you do.  

The problem with tire reviews is that the available data is so variable.  You have company reviews on test tracks (TR), consumer reviews (which may not be accurate) and the industry standards (UTQG) do not appear to be uniform.  You have tires with a wear rating of 300 outlasting tires with a rating of 380...and tires with a traction rating of "A" having better grip in test results than tires labled "AA".  

Craziness!
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »

The reason why I listed the Falken and Nitto is due to the fact they are pretty cheap, and they do perform as well as most. The wear on them I do agree do not last long at all. The mass confusion why some tires with lower treadwear rating last longer then some with higher treadwear rating is behind the tire itself. Its all about how the tire is made, and the compounds that are used in them. It also depends on the car as well. Some cars tend to wear tires faster then other. Mainly smaller compact cars, because they use more power to push or pull the tires. Smaller tires has more rolling inertia then bigger tires.
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 02:53:25 PM »

So the company I ordered tires from didn't have the contis in stock. Went with the BFG gforce sport for $96 each.
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »

Good choice compared to the Conti.
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 02:36:05 AM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
Good choice compared to the Conti.

It seems you don't care for Conti tires. Why so? The ExtremeContacts have good reviews...
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 06:10:06 AM »

Quote from: "clapton924"
So the company I ordered tires from didn't have the contis in stock. Went with the BFG gforce sport for $96 each.

I now feel like a total sucker because I paid $600 for;

(4) Nankang tires
(4) Valves
Mounting & Balancing :oops:

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2009, 02:02:05 PM »

Quote from: "ibcnunv"
Quote from: "clapton924"

I now feel like a total sucker because I paid $600 for;

(4) Nankang tires
(4) Valves
Mounting & Balancing :oops:

Live and learn. I will never buy tires from a local shop again.  They jack up the prices so much compared to tirerack or discount tire direct.  I can buy 4 tires online for the price of 2 locally.
Philly Steve

Reputation Power: 3
Philly Steve pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 02:03:56 PM »

Toyo Proxes 4 all seasons for me! Work like a charm, sun rain or snow. Though my car has only actually driven through snow once or twice.
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 08:21:54 PM »

Yes, it may have gotten good reviews, but in the long run, those tires do not last long. They have a tendicy to wear unevenly, and it wears down fast. Sure it may grip, but is it really worth it lasting only 10k miles.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012