Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:53:22 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: accident cause sunroof damage?  (Read 7251 times)
phlip96
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
phlip96 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:19 AM »

My daughter drove my lovely golden chariot into a curb a few weeks ago  Cry

I have great coverage with geico and submitted a claim to repair the bumper, replace the rim and tire and verify there was no suspension or frame damage. All of which they did, same tire (kumho) rim (factory honda) and light body work on the bumper.

When picking up the car I noticed an additional dent at the driver rear corner of the sunroof, the dealer stated that was there upon arrival but I had not noticed it prior. okay... I swear it wasn't because i wrapped the roof not long ago.

Just the next day I noticed the same kind of dent in the passenger front corner! Now, I'm not an engineer but I am mechanical. That being said it is my simple thinking that says the car was severely stressed at the front driver corner where it hit the curb at 40 mph that it tweaked the roof and bowed in at the corners of something solid within the somewhat flexible material being the roof.

I am submitting this, to gfather your opinions before I meet with the adjuster monday ior tuesday to discuss it.

Pictures to follow shortly to help visualize
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 09:29:10 AM »

It's definitely possible.  The roof of your car is a major structural component, and putting a hole in it will compromise it's integrity.  I remember a long time ago when I set up my first meet, there was a guy with a coupe that had a V6 6MT coupe.  We were talking about front shock tower bars, and he mentioned that you have to be careful if you have a sunroof because it will cause it to buckle if you take corners too hard.  He showed me the proof on his car.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
phlip96
Fucking Newb

phlip96 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »

here's some photo's tell me if this is what that guy had as well

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:33:54 AM by phlip96 » Logged
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »

I just ninja fixed your post. Boom. lol

Anyway, that does look like what Tim is describing. My old TL had the same deal.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
phlip96
Fucking Newb

phlip96 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 10:41:55 AM »

lol yeah i noticed i pasted the wrong link, i may have fixed it the same time hehe

So, now the argument is to have insurance cover it after they have already done the work i showed them. I did NOT notice this for it wasn't anywhere near the impact not thinking to check the entire car!?
wish me luck fellas! It does have a lifetime guarantee however that is on the work they DID perform naturally

To add injury to the insult, I was honest and mentioned this quarter sized damage was previous damage and not expected to repair it, however this crack was not as evident on the day i dropped it off. They may have cracked it when removing the bumper to do the body work. AGAIN! they will say since prior damage it weakened the integrity causing it to crack even under ordinary removal process.

phlip96
Fucking Newb

phlip96 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 04:26:30 PM »

They claim there is no frame damage and also state that the roof damage a well as the crack in the bumper is not consistent with the accident. WTF!?

You did bumper work and claim that crack is NOT part of my accident? uhhh... you need to find a new job!

I'm goin to see her face to face tomorrow and request a honda dealer to get a second opinion. Fire will be set if there are any more denials on their part.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 09:06:04 AM »

I had the same issue when I crashed my car. I have they same insurance company and they issued a supplement to cover it. My adjuster and I missed this on initial inspection also.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 10:25:36 AM »

Mike, was it a taxi can that hit you? Cause you know, those taxi cab drivers are horrible. LoL.

My car got whacked twice, the second time pretty hard and I didn't have any roof damage like that.  Sounds crazy.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 10:42:01 AM »

No Nelson, you're the taxi boy here.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »

Mike, was it a taxi can that hit you? Cause you know, those taxi cab drivers are horrible. LoL.

My car got whacked twice, the second time pretty hard and I didn't have any roof damage like that.  Sounds crazy.

It's caused as a result of twisting. Generally a hard impact to on front wheel will cause a twisting force. The structure collapses at its weakest point
phlip96
Fucking Newb

phlip96 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 05:24:13 PM »

Okay, so insurance and body shop denied me, I am in the process of getting a second opinion for any frame damage or quick repairs to show there are no inequalities. There has been previous body work on the bumper thus the reason for the cracking. I will admit defeat on this one, I'm just gonne buy anaftermarket bumper and paint it to match.

I thought of this on the way home though, because it is lowered.... the suspension has less travel to the wheel well. It must have impacted the well, causing a twist on the body to cause the ripple effect on the roof without damage to any "crush zones" as the body shop explained.
It does have a difference in lines depth from the fender the hood comparing left to right.
My luck, they will say since theyre aftermarket suspension, causing the less travel = not insured.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012