Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:22:18 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why choose accord?  (Read 10097 times)
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:30:46 AM »

I see some of you guys on here spent a LOT of money modding your accords. and my question is simply why?
You could have easily gotten a smaller more powerful car.

My reasoning is because I wanted to be different, You don't see many of these 7th generation accords modded.

Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:10:51 AM »

I didn't know about cars when I got mine but I'm glad I made the choice, I loved the look.

I'm definetely happy I got it because your're right, a modded Accord is different. I love having one because there aren't many out there and when you see one, it's an event. Not all common like other cars.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:18:33 AM by Arielit0oo » Logged
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:11:24 AM »

For me it's the style. I don't know about anyone else, but I think the 7th gen Accord is one of the most stylish sedans on the road (excluding luxury cars). The only other cars that I can think of that I like style-wise are the newer Kia Optima and the Mazda RX8 and Mazda3/6.

I also personally like the 7.5gen sedan a thousand times more than my old 7th gen. Honda did a really good job with the refresh. I can't wait until the day I drop my car and get some TL or TSX wheels put on. I also think the spoiler adds a very nice touch to the rear of the 7.5gen.

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »

I didn't buy the Accord to mod it.  I bought it because it was a great value for the price.  Once I had it for a while, I went onto different Accord forums and after seeing what other people were doing with their Accords, I knew keeping it stock was no longer an option.  Cheesy
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:11:22 AM »

I bought mine to mod it. I was actually on a test drive with a new style (not the brand new ones) civic Si when I spotted my accord for sale. There was just something different about it I liked. I like uncommon cars (Plymouth Laser, Infiniti G20, etc.. Were my old cars) and I knew there wasn't many, if any modded 7th gens around here. With the price of $7000 I couldn't resist and bought it after a few days of talking to the owner.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 09:42:04 AM »

My first Accord (94) was my first car, my dad bought it for himself in Dec of 93 and I just fell in love with the styling.  Bought it from him when I turned 16 and upgraded to the 04 6-6 a couple years ago.

I just love Accords, theyre quick fun and reliable.  Only problems I've had with the car are problems I've caused. Lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »

I bought it because it was a practical choice and I wanted a sedan.  I started modifying it because I'm a car guy and can't leave shit alone.  I've seen a lot of awesome modifications that other people have done over the years. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »

Like Tim said, it was practical. I've got two kids and the sedan was the way to go for me. At the time, I was driving an 01 Expedition and I didn't need a vehicle that big and wasteful. I did have every intention of modding it because one of the first things I did when I was looking at it was pop the hood and look at the block stamp. My plans have slightly shifted since I first got it but my end goal is still the same.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »

when i went to the dealer i had all intentions of buying a rsx type s 6 speed , after they showed me the accord even though it was older came fully loaded i liked it they made me a offer i couldn't refuse and its been history ever since

status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »

I loved the front of gen 7s and accords are reliable, at the time I was driving a 04 silverado gas was 4.65 and $125.00 to fill up every two weeks. I did little research on the accord other, its gen7 vs the 05-07 camrys, and the gen7 won because they also came in manual. Had I done more research I would have held out for a 6 speed, but happy with my choice although I miss my truck dearly.

-Alec
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »

The initial purpose for purchasing the Accord sedan was for my growing family.  I always knew Accords were reliable family oriented cars (sedans, specifically), so it was a clear choice.  We bought directly from the dealer due the Honda certified 140+ point pre-owned inspection/certification and it was a good price.  I had no intention to mod the Accord as it was the family daily, but that lasted only for so long.  Now that we upgraded the "family car" to a Sienna, the Accord will become more than just a family-style sedan. Smiley  As Tim stated, seeing all the incredible modifications that are possible, and the amount of time/resources others have put in, encourages me to keep this car for many more years.

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 02:51:29 PM »

I think everyone's stated what I was thinking when purchasing this car but here's my $.02 Cheesy
I went into it knowing that I wanted a Sedan (for when I have passengers, etc.) and I wanted some luxury features. Like Leather, sunroof, climate control... the heated seats and the fact that it was dual-zone wasn't known to me until after the purchase lol I also looked at Corolla (too small), Camry (terrible styling for same year/price range). I would never purchase a domestic vehicle or a German one due to reliability concerns so Japanese was the way to go.
as far as modding, I actually had no intention to do anything when I bought it, until I went on some forums and saw what was possible... how things change. lol
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »

I got my car because I needed a car fast. I was looking for a Honda or a Toyota, because of their reputation for reliability.  I test drove my coupe and it just felt right. After realizing how much work it needed (about 4k) I got really discouraged, signed up for some forums to learn how to fix it myself and found people with awesome mods...i've been bit since lol...
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 10:22:12 PM »

Because I don't know of any other "sporty" (used lightly here) 2-doors that can fit this in the trunk, still get 26MPG hitting VTEC all day, 30MPG on the highway doing 80, spank older V8 mustangs, and carry 4 people comfortably.  Oh, did I mention that in owning it almost 4 years and 70,000 miles (158,000miles total) nothing other then the radio display going dim broke?

For those of you wondering, those are 32-packs of coke and diet coke, not the puny 24  laugh

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:23:52 PM by Milan » Logged

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 10:27:03 PM »

Hell yeah! It does have a huge trunk, wasn't it the largest 2 door in it's class when it came out? I thought I read that somewhere...not sure on the specifics Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012