Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:45:53 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: installing a flip up dvd unit and not getting any sound.  (Read 2384 times)
provkid401
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
provkid401 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2009, 12:28:59 PM »

I am attempting to install a jensen 7" touchscreen dvd deck in my 05 accord in the bottom storage compoartment.  i have bought the installation kit and it came with the wiring harness.  i have connected everything properly to the best of my knowledge and using the common sense it seemed it'd take in order to install it.  everything worked out fine except that after i installed the deck put in a cd and it began playing i didnt get any sound out of any of my speakers.  here are 2 of the pics. i took of the unit, kit, and wire harness..

I dont have any rca's hooked up to the new deck but i didnt think id need one considering that i used one of those little boxes to send a signal to the amps in the trunk by tapping into my rear 6x9's for an rca output...   if anyone has any advice on this subject then your input would be greatly appreciated.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 01:29:36 PM »

If you want my advice, run RCA's from your h/u to your amp.  Do it right instead of cutting corners.  Those LOC's you have connected to your rear speaker wires will give you poor sound quality and you will not be able to fade the audio signal from front to rear.  

Since the pictures you posted are so small, I can't see your wiring harness with any detail and can't tell if you've wired it up properly.  That might be the one part of your problem.  Here's a short list of possible problem points based on what you've posted:
  • speaker level output from your head unit
  • incorrect harness wiring
  • faulty line out converter
  • faulty RCA cables
  • RCA inputs on your amp
  • no power to your amp
  • speaker level output from your amp
  • incorrect wiring from your amp to your speakers

Since I'm close enough to you, we can try to meet up and I'd be glad to help you troubleshoot your problem.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
provkid401
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
provkid401 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 03:43:37 PM »

I think that I am going to have to buy some 8' rca's or better and eliminate the box in the rear.  I am sure that all my amp and speakers  are properly wired because i put all the oem parts back besides the 2 amps capacitor and the box with the subs and my 2 power acoustic 6x9'S.  I also have 2 mbquartz voice speakers mounted behind the rear arm rest.  everything worked fine as soon as i disconnected the harness and dvd player and plugged in just the factory head unti again.  im thinking it has to be the rca's however i figured since my front tweeters and door speakers have not at all been modded in the leasty when i hooked up the dvd player i should have been able to get sound from those speakers even without the rca's..  id be very happy to meet with you sometime to help solve this problem.  once i am sure that everything is in proper working order than eventually i can build my own box and upgrade the quality of the sound system.  in the meantime i have alot of time and money with all of the equipment that i have now..  thank you.  ill do my best to get you better more detailed pics. of the project so that you are not overwhelmed when you see what exactly is going on.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »

You know that you can test everything, right?  If you have a DMM, you can find out where the problem is.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012