Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:00:56 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP: Spots on pillars  (Read 5320 times)
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2009, 07:28:40 PM »

Well I took off the chrome pillars and the black tape behind that to reveal my paint...Now can anyone tell me wtf is on my paint..I tried everything claybar, googone nothing works...any ideas? Should i try paint thinner?

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 07:39:32 PM »

Looks like the clear coat got disrupted. I would not advise using paint thinner dude, it might take off the rest of the clear coat....

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 10:04:03 PM »

googone is your best friend...

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:12:02 PM »

Time to repaint that.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 12:13:20 AM »

^ lol greatttt is there any cheaper way going about that? Well I can always put the black vinyl back on....

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 08:18:03 AM »

It's really not a HUGE deal to repaint those B pillars.  All you really need to do is scuff them up, squirt it with color and then clear.  You could just get the gaybay CF or chrome covers if you want.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 06:33:13 PM »

have you tried buffing it with a really strong compound, I don't see why that would not take care of that problem... I damaged my clear with 1500 grit on accident and the it was fixed with two minutes of buffing.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 10:13:34 PM »

That looks like it's past the clear and into the paint.  I guess you could try paint correction first, but my untrained eye tells me that it's too far gone.  Maybe you can scuff it up and re-clear it.

Tim
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 11:47:23 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
That looks like it's past the clear and into the paint.  I guess you could try paint correction first, but my untrained eye tells me that it's too far gone.  Maybe you can scuff it up and re-clear it.

But it can't hurt to try the less expensive and less abrasive method first...  :oops:

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 08:09:30 AM »

Sure.  There's nothing wrong with trying.  My concern is that the less expensive method will become a waste of time and money if it doesn't work.  I think the best approach would be to talk to a body shop and ask them if it needs to be painted or could be buffed out.  They would know best and their advice is usually free.

Tim
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »

Alright thanks for the input guys, im gonna go back to the body shop where i got my bumper painted and see what they tell me.

sami
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
sami pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 12:14:59 PM »

Quote from: "Anthony212"
Alright thanks for the input guys, im gonna go back to the body shop where i got my bumper painted and see what they tell me.
If you do not mind me asking where did you get your bumper painted, and are you happy with the shop's work? I would suppose that you are happy if you are going back.
Anthony212

Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 03:07:22 PM »

Quote from: "sami"
Quote from: "Anthony212"

If you do not mind me asking where did you get your bumper painted, and are you happy with the shop's work? I would suppose that you are happy if you are going back.

o ya im happy with it matched the car perfectly, the body shop is called MASTERS Collision. Heres the site http://www.masterscollision.com/...They have two locations I went to the one in East Meadow.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012