Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:11:45 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-Styling my Coupe  (Read 6222 times)
Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2009, 07:08:49 PM »

Hi Guys. Me again. Since college is officially over here at Puerto Rico now I'll have some more time to mod my car. So Here's a small list so you guys can chime in your opinions and if it's worth it and doable.

1. I was thinking of going with a black roof like this:

Personally I think it looks hot. Now I was wondering if I should just paint it or Vinyl it black. How much would the total be if anyone here knows someone who has done it or has done it themselves.

2. De-Badge
   This is basically done with a hair blower and a line of fishing or a credit card right?

3. Front grille. I don't know much about the grilles for the coupes but I was thinking of a black mesh grille with the mugen emblem. Pretty much what jim has in his Sedan:

Is this do-able on a coupe ?

4. Tints. I got pulled over because of my 5% tints at the sides and now I need to re-tint again. I was thinking of 35% front and rear windshields and 20% sides. I think it'll look pretty good but IDK if I should just 5% them back since it's the same ticket if I get pulled over.

Thanks for your time and every comment will be welcomed!
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »

1. Do it in vinyl. If you decide you don't like it or want to sell the car later on, you can just peel it off. Alot of people will look at a black roof as though there was something wrong with it when you decide to sell it.

2. Heat up with hair dryer slightly, use fishing wire and saw back in forth to remove, then use goo-gone or something similar to remove the stickyness that is left...personally I just yanked it off with my hands and then used cleaner wax to remove the left over residue

3. Looks good minus the mugen emblem

4. If your changing because of ticket, might as well do it all so you don't have to worry about cops any more

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 08:58:13 PM »

Thanks sam for the Quick Reply. Is this grille the one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-05 ... ccessories

Will it fit without any modification? Also how much does doing the vinyl roof cost? The tints laws here in Puerto Rico are pretty gay. You install 35% tints which is legal and it reads 34% and you get a ticket anyway. So there's not much to do. It's either tint or no tint at all for me. I don't mind ripping them and installing them over and over again.
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 12:23:24 AM »

black roof looks sweet as hell

as for debadge... fishing line + hair dryer + goo-be-gone (orange cleaner) and yur good... wait for one of those scorching PR days to do it.. you'll appreciate it

not sure what tint laws are... also think of night driving too, tends to be a huge bitch if yur riding around with 5-10%

other than that yur whip is lookin tight man... good luck

PR is the shit by the way... went 2 months ago... did el yunque, viequez island, bio bay, west coast surfing.... BEAUTIFUL place man
its def the official home of the pimped out Misubishi Mirage tho hahaha

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 12:49:51 AM »

Quote from: "Z3R0"

Will it fit without any modification?

I highly doubt that grille will fit.  They seem to be misrepresenting what they are selling.  That grille is meant for Accords that are sold in Asia.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 06:16:10 PM »

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
black roof looks sweet as hell

as for debadge... fishing line + hair dryer + goo-be-gone (orange cleaner) and yur good... wait for one of those scorching PR days to do it.. you'll appreciate it

not sure what tint laws are... also think of night driving too, tends to be a huge bitch if yur riding around with 5-10%

other than that yur whip is lookin tight man... good luck

PR is the shit by the way... went 2 months ago... did el yunque, viequez island, bio bay, west coast surfing.... BEAUTIFUL place man
its def the official home of the pimped out Misubishi Mirage tho hahaha

Yes ... it's the only place in the world that a Mirage LS is called a "Technica". They're more common than civics here and are the most riced out cars in the whole island. You should have went to Lajas, Ponce, and some of the inner towns like Adjuntas and Jayuya. The best Puerto Rican foods can be found there and you could have found me too. lol

Quote from: "timot_one"
Quote from: "Z3R0"

Will it fit without any modification?

I highly doubt that grille will fit.  They seem to be misrepresenting what they are selling.  That grille is meant for Accords that are sold in Asia.

Hmm I see. So there isn't really a grill option for the Coupe then ?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 08:16:22 PM »

There's the grillecraft grilles.  I'm sure you can find something if you look on other sites.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ADI

Reputation Power: 1
ADI pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »

they actually do make a grill similar to the one jim has on his sedan, but u have to mod it somewhat as they dont fit perfectly as is, looks something like this right?

Jellynuts

Jellynuts pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 10:59:36 PM »

Dang, where are you pulling up these crazy pictures??

The black top is hot indeed, and I second the grillcraft.  They make fine stuff.

2005 TSX 6MT
2005 I4 Coup EXL (totaled)
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 12:19:54 PM »

Quote from: "ADI"
they actually do make a grill similar to the one jim has on his sedan, but u have to mod it somewhat as they dont fit perfectly as is, looks something like this right?

That's exactly what I'm looking for. What modification does it need to fit  snug ? I personally love the look of the mesh grille and I think the Mugen badge is a +. Even without anything it looks good. Where can I get one of these? Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm currently looking for a place to do my vinyl roof. Pics will be up as soon as I get everything done.

The ones on the grillcraft store are somewhat alike but are not the same and they're 150.

Link for anyone interested:
http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/honda.aspx
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 04:37:36 PM »

Well I did the second thing today. I've been up ALL day doing it but I think it came out pretty nice. Re-Tinted the WHOLE car. A friend of mine hooked me up with some industrial tint rolls (Solar Guard if I'm not mistaken). They're pretty good.  The rear windshield was  a huge PITA and so was the front windshield. The sides were pretty easy. Now it's 40% front 35% rear and 20% at the sides. After this I washed it and now it's on my driveway squeaky clean. C&C will be greatly appreciated. Also I went to a few places where they do vinyl but they don't do roofs. They say they peel easily although I don't know how true this is. The roof is one of the things I want to do most since I think it looks hot. Anyhow here are the pictures. Thanks for your time again guys!

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 10:34:45 PM »

My Mom's car has a black roof, and it is soo sexy. It is glass not vinyl. I would definately do the roof!
Took a quick picture:

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012