Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:51:04 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300660 times)
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15840 on: January 04, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »

I used to get a raise like you... but then i took an arrow to the knee
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:07:57 PM by Armyguy239 » Logged
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15841 on: January 04, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »

3 cent raise. Ha!

Arrow??? Wtf? Fighting at the Alamo again where you Chris?

Well I'm done for the week. It was a nice 2 day work week for me.  I'll be back on Monday.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15842 on: January 04, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »

I've gotten shitty raises before.  After my company had lay offs in 2008, they didn't give us a raise for a few years.  It's gone back to normal though.  Since they changed my job title in April, they gave us a fairly decent raise.  I'm just glad I have a good job.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #15843 on: January 04, 2012, 08:19:59 PM »

Same here Tim.  I'm in the same boat. This year was our first year with a raise.  It's great to have it back.

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15844 on: January 04, 2012, 08:27:40 PM »

The more rasies i get the more tax they take from me ,but end of the day i feel same way just glad to have a good job

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #15845 on: January 04, 2012, 09:08:12 PM »

I usually increase my 401K contribution when I get a raise.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15846 on: January 04, 2012, 09:27:15 PM »

My 401k takes a percentage out of my check, instead of a dollar amount.  I guess it naturally goes up as I make more money and work overtime.  I also have a specific amount of money going directly into my savings account with each paycheck, and the rest goes into my checking account.  I try to pretend that it's not even there, but sometimes I remember.

Clemente, would you please kill the tapatalk sig?  There's really no need to have 2 sigs when you post.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15847 on: January 04, 2012, 09:57:21 PM »

Lets put it this way, I already think what I'm making is insulting for a college graduate (< 24k) and then they give me a 1% raise... thatll barely even show on my stub.  But I just feel like this job was a bad decision from the get go.  I was making $X.00 workin at Advance Auto with a less than 1 mile commute, then I took the job at the bank for $X.00 + $0.xx plus a 50 mile daily commute.  I talked the the manager at Advance and he said he'd love to have me back... so I might go back.  Even with the raise, if I subtract the cost of gas, I'll be pocketing more money AND itll get me some kind of management experience as I would be at least a key at Advance (possibly making even more than at the bank, depending on what they can do for me).  Then I can look for a new job and at least be enjoying what I do for a living and saving more money.  I don't know, I gotta think on it.  Just gonna go boardin tomorrow and clear my head.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15848 on: January 04, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »

My 401k takes a percentage out of my check, instead of a dollar amount.  I guess it naturally goes up as I make more money and work overtime.  I also have a specific amount of money going directly into my savings account with each paycheck, and the rest goes into my checking account.  I try to pretend that it's not even there, but sometimes I remember.

Clemente, would you please kill the tapatalk sig?  There's really no need to have 2 sigs when you post.

No problem ,  haven't mess with the app much am sure ill figure it out.

Dont get me wrong i kill the over time myself and enjoy what i do after a while it starts to consumes you i can honeslty say i dont remenber the last time i had a day off, but the benifits of pushing for financial freedom out weights the social life scene for now in this economy

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15849 on: January 04, 2012, 11:15:03 PM »

Sometimes it's tough to go into work when you hate what you're doing.  I've been stuck in a job that I hate, but couldn't leave it because I had bills to pay and so on.  I got my MECP license, but found out that I'd be making less than half what I was, which wouldn't even allow me to pay my bills let alone be able to buy car parts and the other shit I like.  After a lot of searching, and about 6 months of interviews, I was able to land the job I have right now.  Sometimes, you just have to do what's right for you.  In the end, it was worth the trouble I went through until I could get a different job.

Tim
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15850 on: January 05, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »

gahh, why do companies still ship stuff using USPS?  their tracking sucks!

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #15851 on: January 05, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »

Because its cheap.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #15852 on: January 05, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »

It's helping the US.  It'll be sad to see them go.

cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15853 on: January 05, 2012, 07:45:48 PM »

Its cheap but works well ups n fedex to expensive

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15854 on: January 05, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »

Most likely because it's cheap.  Yes, their tracking sucks balls.  It may be sad to see the USPS go, but let's be honest, they kinda fucked themselves.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012