Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:43:11 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300658 times)
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15075 on: November 14, 2011, 08:15:45 AM »

Sounds like a chach.  You should tell him that real wheels cost money and he should stop biting your style.  You could have also just lied to him about everything to make it harder for him.

Its like 95% of what I do...

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
status

GOMD

status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15076 on: November 14, 2011, 12:29:34 PM »

similar story, some asshole with a silver gen 7. had tinted windows asked where i got my hid. i said fuck you im unique!

-Alec
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15077 on: November 14, 2011, 12:46:29 PM »

I don't know that I'd be offened that someone admired something I created to the point of replication.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15078 on: November 14, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »

If the guy did everything to a T, I'd be pissed.  But it is kind of a gratifying if someone asks where I got a part or somethin like that, like atleast someone noticed my work. haha  And I'll admit I have done stuff to my car that I've seen other ppl do, and I'm almost positive we all have done that one.  It all gotta start somewhere.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15079 on: November 14, 2011, 01:10:06 PM »

I don't know that I'd be offended that someone admired something I created to the point of replication.
same here..  If someone wants to make a copycat of my car, more power to them.  It's not worth stressing over the idea that someone wants to make their car look like mine.  I actually would take that as a compliment.

Now, if someone tries to claim ownership of my car, then that's a different story.

There's too many cars out there with the same availability of parts to everyone.  There's bound to be another car somewhere that looks similar to your car (modified, of course).

That being said, this is pretty much the only car forum I visit these days.  I lurk s2ki every now and then, but I haven't logged on at all this year.  I don't even bother replying to PMs about what brand my diffuser is, what my wheel fitment is, etc..  It's all posted somewhere on s2ki already, they just need to search..

But it is kind of a gratifying if someone asks where I got a part or somethin like that
  I actually find that annoying now..

- Mark
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15080 on: November 14, 2011, 01:55:18 PM »

I dont mind someone trying to copy a few things, but when it took me months of savng in iraq for the parts i have now, to have someone copy almost to a T like ryan said within a period of 2 weeks, and even got an hfp lip he knew nothing about until i told him, now he will probably be going around saying im copying him, he seems like that type of guy.. around here in Ft. Hood/ killeen/harker heights/ copperas cove. there is only about 8 coupes throughout all these cities.4 black(including new guy), a green, a blueish grey, a red, and a silver. there was one other black one that just has rims, stock height. so there is really barely anything. i was the only one that a slightly modded coupe that much. until the new guy came along. like i said i dont mid soneone trying to copy, if really no one else has done that much, try to make it your own, not a complete copy
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15081 on: November 14, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »

Some 24 year old who lives around me just got a "stunting" fine they caught him going 180km in a 100km zone...on a test drive, in a new camaro. So now he loses his license for a year and has to pay a $2,400 fine...made me lol a little
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15082 on: November 14, 2011, 02:12:30 PM »

I dont mind someone trying to copy a few things, but when it took me months of savng in iraq for the parts i have now, to have someone copy almost to a T like ryan said within a period of 2 weeks
such is life.. some people just have the money to burn..  maybe he had the extra money, maybe he put it all on a credit card, you don't know..

I'm the type of person that decides what I want, then save the money to get it all at once, or at least most of it at once..  It took me a long time of saving before I started buying parts for the s2k, then I purchased and installed most of the mods within a few months.. Other stuff that came later have been fairly minor in comparison..

He could have been saving for a while, found something he liked, then went for it.  Not worth stressing over it..

- Mark
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15083 on: November 14, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »

But it is kind of a gratifying if someone asks where I got a part or somethin like that

Ok fine, fuck you your fitment sucks.

JUS KIDDING CUZ! Wink

-Ryan

accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15084 on: November 14, 2011, 03:36:30 PM »

Just passin this on, it was posted on another forum.

Change the DOT/EPA laws from 25 years to 15 years for Importing "illegal" cars!

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/stop-using-homeland-security-funds-seize-imported-vehicles-and-change-dotepa-exemption-15-years/L50BZzwj#thank-you=p

Doesn't necessarily apply to me as I don't really ever plan on importing a car... but who knows, that could change, and I do think its a great idea.  I also know there are A LOT of ppl in my area that it would affect and make it easier in having their "illegal" rides.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:51:18 PM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15085 on: November 14, 2011, 04:06:29 PM »

Ok fine, fuck you your fitment sucks.

JUS KIDDING CUZ! Wink
lol..  at first, it's flattering when random people come up to you to talk about your car..  then after a while, it gets annoying..  you get to a point where you just want to go into the store and shop, or go into the restaurant and eat, instead of standing in the parking lot for 20 minutes talking about your car to some stranger, and them talking about their hopes and dreams for their stock 95 civic..

that probably sounds horrible, but at some point, i just stopped caring.. 

- Mark
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15086 on: November 14, 2011, 04:18:04 PM »

Thats kinda how my uncle is...

He has a '66 (IIRC) Sunbeam Tiger, its a little tiny like 1500 lb brit car with a Ford 302 in it.  The thing is absolutely nasty, it'll BURN all 4 gears.  I keep tryin to get him to bring it to a dyno day or car show, but he hates bein asked about it.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 04:19:39 PM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15087 on: November 14, 2011, 05:07:03 PM »

Bowling night!!
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15088 on: November 14, 2011, 06:00:12 PM »

Just passin this on, it was posted on another forum.

Change the DOT/EPA laws from 25 years to 15 years for Importing "illegal" cars!

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/stop-using-homeland-security-funds-seize-imported-vehicles-and-change-dotepa-exemption-15-years/L50BZzwj#thank-you=p

Doesn't necessarily apply to me as I don't really ever plan on importing a car... but who knows, that could change, and I do think its a great idea.  I also know there are A LOT of ppl in my area that it would affect and make it easier in having their "illegal" rides.

I saw this earlier today. I signed it. I think its kind of shitty that its 25 years instead of 15 years. I'm a fan of skylines so I would love to see them driving around and for sale.

- Bobby
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #15089 on: November 14, 2011, 07:22:23 PM »

There are a couple R32/33s drivin around my area... all illegally of course. lol

-Ryan

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012