Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:48:46 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300392 times)
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #14970 on: November 04, 2011, 11:42:05 AM »

fml..and now it looks like i have a fuel leak
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14971 on: November 04, 2011, 09:06:19 PM »

Cool story bro.  Wrong thread.  No car discussion in here.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14972 on: November 05, 2011, 04:03:04 AM »

just spent my Friday night putting up my new monitor stand, which made me reorganize my home office desk, lol..

A few pics depicting before and after..

Way before, this was last year sometime..  The desktop in the left died late last year, and the silver TV/monitor is now back in its box collecting dust, lol..

Before tonight.. forgive the blurry pic.. this was taken after I got my laptop back from Apple when they fixed it a couple weeks ago..

And after tonight..  I wanted a little more desk space and I wanted to raise the monitors a tad bit.  This wasn't the initial design, but I saw my laptop stand that I wasn't using anymore and decided to put it to use..

The older MBP that is on top of the laptop stand will probably be my primary browsing the internet and stuff computer..  It'll also serve as a backup to DJing stuff, as soon as I'm not too lazy to configure it as such..  The Lenovo on the bottom of the laptop stand will primarily be used when I log into work from home..  The MBP on the left is my general primary, do everything with computer (besides logging into work), as well as my primary DJ laptop..

Before you ask, I don't know why I have so many computers.. I also have a desktop in another room, lol..  I still have my 8 year old laptop from college, it just collects dust.. 
To be fair, I wouldn't have the MBP on the left if the one on the right didn't die earlier this year..  I went to turn it on, and it would boot, but nothing would display on the screen.  I tried connecting it to an external monitor and that didn't display anything either.  I bought a new one to replace it a month or two later..  It then qualified for an extended warranty regarding a video card issue (the very issue my laptop was suffering from), so Apple fixed it for free..  This got fixed after the 30 day return period ended on the new one, plus I like the new one, so I kept it..

Anyway, on to the photos..

- Mark
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14973 on: November 05, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »

can one of you smart guys answer me HOW IN THE FUCK IS THIS DONE?
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14974 on: November 05, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »

Mark, I love the new monitor stand.  I need to get something like that...

...and some monitors.

Chris, it's probably some sort of flammable gas that's heavier than air.  If chemistry was something I knew more about, I'd tell you, but it's not.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:51:50 AM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14975 on: November 06, 2011, 08:26:11 AM »

That could be as simple as running alcohol coating coating the sides the flame would follow the sides until it reached the bottom. Not sure if that's the case but, the flame color is similar to that produced by rubbing alcohol.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14976 on: November 06, 2011, 09:52:09 AM »

Mike, did you play with matches a lot when you were a kid?

Tim
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14977 on: November 06, 2011, 11:54:53 AM »

That could be as simple as running alcohol coating coating the sides the flame would follow the sides until it reached the bottom. Not sure if that's the case but, the flame color is similar to that produced by rubbing alcohol.
I would have guessed the same thing.. Probably 70% isopropyl alcohol..

Similar concept to when people light their sock on fire but their skin stays unharmed (for the most part)..

- Mark
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14978 on: November 06, 2011, 12:50:41 PM »

type in "do a barrel roll" into google....
 Wink
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14979 on: November 06, 2011, 09:14:27 PM »

I didn't work.

Tim
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14980 on: November 07, 2011, 12:11:23 AM »

Mark, what type of music do you primarily spin, and at what type of venues?

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14981 on: November 07, 2011, 07:32:51 AM »

Mike, did you play with matches a lot when you were a kid?

No just got interested in chemistry for a bit in high school. Genearlly a flameable gas would burn to hot to create what happened in that video. Like Mark said 70% isopropal alcohol burns fast and consistant so it could likely produce that effect.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14982 on: November 07, 2011, 07:36:27 AM »

Ohh.  I guess I'm the only one that played with matches as a kid.  Grin

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14983 on: November 07, 2011, 07:38:28 AM »

Hobbies are a good thing Tim...
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14984 on: November 07, 2011, 08:31:11 AM »

Your not alone Time. Cheesy

I once set my brother on fire. haha

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012