Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:56:26 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300520 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #13320 on: July 14, 2011, 09:09:03 AM »

salary increase is always a positive.  congrats mike.  I know its not exactly what you wanted, congrats anyway.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #13321 on: July 14, 2011, 09:38:44 AM »

outer banks?

Nah, my buddy lives down in Wilmington.

2nd interview today went alright... Keep those fingers crossed!

Here's a new wrinkle for you. The VP of logistics and the AVP of logistics in my region have pulled my name out of the running for this "promotion". They increased my salary to match the other role but, said they want me to remain where I am because the need my involvement in a huge project coming up to help determine the best path of growth for the company in the future. It sucks because I'm not doing something new but, at least they want to apply my skill set to something. I'm not sure how to take this but, I guess it's a positive if the higher ups are looking for me for projects.

I'd take it as a good thing.  You may not be doing anything diff, but atleast they notice you and really that you are worth keeping around.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #13322 on: July 14, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »

I'm with Stupid

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #13323 on: July 14, 2011, 09:52:51 AM »

I random a lot Z.  More often now then before.  I think I'm losing it.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13324 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:10 AM »

Good stuff about the bump in pay Mike.  Like it was mentioned, at least your talents were noticed and they're trying to keep you happy.  I totally understand wanting to change your job though.  Maybe this means there is a future opportunity for you though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13325 on: July 14, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »

"We don't want you to get caught in a rut at your age" is what the VP told me
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #13326 on: July 14, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »

What exactly does that mean?

Maybe they've noticed that you've been applying to a lot of different positions lately.  I'm happy you got a raise Mike.  That's a good thing.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13327 on: July 14, 2011, 10:49:18 AM »

From my understanding getting into that postition could be a place that limits options in the future, and this project will allow me to get my name out there and be in the eyes of more important people in the business.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13328 on: July 14, 2011, 10:49:37 AM »

2nd interview today went alright... Keep those fingers crossed!

Here's a new wrinkle for you. The VP of logistics and the AVP of logistics in my region have pulled my name out of the running for this "promotion". They increased my salary to match the other role but, said they want me to remain where I am because the need my involvement in a huge project coming up to help determine the best path of growth for the company in the future. It sucks because I'm not doing something new but, at least they want to apply my skill set to something. I'm not sure how to take this but, I guess it's a positive if the higher ups are looking for me for projects.
Congrats on the pay increase.

- Mark
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13329 on: July 14, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »

$ doesn't really matter I just want some new challenges. I don't like to work where I’m not challenged. The new position would have required the development of some team management, and people skills which would be something I haven't used in a long time. I know it sounds odd to a lot of people but, being challenged and engaged at my work is more important to me than the pay.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #13330 on: July 14, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »

I have a paypal account that you can send that extra cash to.  I'll send you a pm.

b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #13331 on: July 14, 2011, 04:37:16 PM »

Congrats Mike at least they recognize your skillzz.  Sounds like everyone is making their situations better around here.. Just waiting to hear from Jer about his interviews..

-brian
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13332 on: July 14, 2011, 07:53:37 PM »

my job still blows, but going back to school in fall, and the motorcycle makes me smile.

-Alec
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13333 on: July 14, 2011, 10:36:50 PM »

I hear what you're saying about being challenged.  It sucks when you just coast. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #13334 on: July 15, 2011, 07:28:42 AM »

It's Friday. I'm going to coast through my half day then enjoy camping this weekend.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012