Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:26:01 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300311 times)
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #12645 on: May 25, 2011, 09:12:56 AM »

Its very hard to pull off a stache without lookin like a pedo. lol.  I had a goat for most of college and the one year for Halloween I impersonated an officer of the law (Wink), I let my goat grow out for like almost 2 months without trimmin (yeah I go all out for Halloween) and then I cut it into a handlebar mustache... it was pretty bad ass.  Only problem is, my beard is weird as hell.  The actual beard part (chin and sides) is red but the mustache part is blonde... so looked kinda funny.  From more than 10 feet away I looked like Ras A Gul from the old Batman cartoons lol.  But now I have the full beard and I just keep it trimmed for work.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: May 25, 2011, 09:24:30 AM »

Happy hump day fellas

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: May 25, 2011, 09:30:05 AM »

there's nothing happy about hump day at my job..

I finally had my compensation review 3 weeks after my yearly review..  a measly 3% raise.  which gives me an extra $15/week or something stupid like that..  Oh well, at least it's something.. and with the wifey starting her new job in 2.5 weeks we should be able to get some money saved up for the honeymoon! wahoo!

I emailed my HR rep after my manager gave me permission to find another position within the company since the department i'm in doesn't have the position I want.  I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm hoping they can find me something.. I hate this job.

-brian
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: May 25, 2011, 09:40:34 AM »

B, I got a 3% raise at my 6 month review too and I was pretty upset, but I talked to some family members and they said almost NO ONE in the business world is giving more than 3% with the current state of the economy, so its actually pretty good to get the 3%.  Still wish it was more, but doesn't everyone. lol  And like you said 3% is better than nothing.

Hopefully newbie doesn't get flamed for this but... What is the meaning of AV6?

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #12649 on: May 25, 2011, 09:43:56 AM »

Today will be a good hump day for me. Lunch at hooters then time killing then dinner with my closest friend for my bday. Then beer and darts

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: May 25, 2011, 09:47:24 AM »

^ Time killing between Hooters and Dinner = Shitting your brains out.  laugh  But well worth it! Smiley

-Ryan

b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: May 25, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »

B, I got a 3% raise at my 6 month review too and I was pretty upset

This was my year mark.. and I have taken on wwaaaay more duties than my job denotes.  I've helped find money this company is losing due to errors in billing, and that's not even my job.  I take on several special projects from management in order to continue my knowledge base and grow here.  I got an outstanding review, and have been told several times by ALL of my superior/managers that they don't know what they'd do without me.  I'm just bitter with the way I've been taken advantage of here.

Even if the company were struggling (which it's not-we are gaining 30+% new business per year) I still feel like a 3% raise with the amount of duties I take care of that aren't my job is a slap in the face.

I'm really just waiting for my fiancee to start her job with T. Rowe Price, and try to get a job there, since that's the field I want to go into.

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: May 25, 2011, 10:29:48 AM »

Accord V6. Newb. Flamethrower

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: May 25, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »

Yeah I hear ya on that.  I feel like what they are payin my overall is a slap in the face.  I mean I realize I'm fresh outa college and am  at the bottom of the totem pole, but regardless I AM a college graduate and feel that my pay does not reflect that in the slightest.  Hell I'm only makin a few CENTS more an hour than I was at Advance Auto Parts, and if I would have stayed there, I woulda been Assisstant manager makin 30-40k, I know this because after I left, the store manager got fired, they bumped up the assisstant and he asked me to come back and be his assisstant, but I turned it down for somethin in my field and half the pay...  Huh?  

So I'm pretty much at the point where I'm gonna add it to my resume, re up on Monster and Careerbuilder and hold out until September so I can say I have my year of exp in, then really start lookin.

Accord V6. Newb. Flamethrower

...wow, I feel feel dumb, haha thought it was some chassis code or somethin like CM... Flame away haha

-Ryan

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12654 on: May 25, 2011, 12:27:23 PM »

B, I got a 3% raise at my 6 month review too and I was pretty upset

This was my year mark.. and I have taken on wwaaaay more duties than my job denotes.  I've helped find money this company is losing due to errors in billing, and that's not even my job.  I take on several special projects from management in order to continue my knowledge base and grow here.  I got an outstanding review, and have been told several times by ALL of my superior/managers that they don't know what they'd do without me.  I'm just bitter with the way I've been taken advantage of here.

Even if the company were struggling (which it's not-we are gaining 30+% new business per year) I still feel like a 3% raise with the amount of duties I take care of that aren't my job is a slap in the face.

I'm really just waiting for my fiancee to start her job with T. Rowe Price, and try to get a job there, since that's the field I want to go into.

I'm in the same boat but, I've come to realize that companies use the economy to justify this no matter how well the company is doing. They moved my Max. raise from 5% to 2.5% because of the economy even though sales are up 10%! The issue is that no matter how good you are at your job in this economy there is someone else they can hire and pay less. They reduce the raises because they know how difficult it is to find another job.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12655 on: May 25, 2011, 12:29:06 PM »

As far as the recent graduate thing. I don't know what filed you are in but, in school they told my better half that sh was better off moving from hospital to hospital every 3 - 5 years to obtain bigger pay increases. So basically they are teaching them that you get more by moving to a new company than staying with your own.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: May 25, 2011, 01:18:31 PM »

I'm in Finance.  And that's what I'm probably gonna end up doin, just lookin for the next best thing... just wanna get a baseline year of exp down.  I heard if you don't get atleast a year some companies will be shy to hire you thinkin you have a commitment issue or somethin like that. Idk, but whatever its exp on my belt.

I mean its not like I don't like the job, its a piece of cake... this is litterally what I do all day, after I get the majority of my work done (the rest comes in in waves during the day).

-Ryan

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12657 on: May 25, 2011, 02:41:26 PM »

Similar to my job... I take on other tasks to reduce my down time...
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: May 25, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »

I hate my fucking cock sucking mother fucking asshat of a job
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12659 on: May 25, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »

Dam... Jer did you forget to take your happy pills today?

Oh yeah! So like a month or two ago I was gettin tired of the look of the Grillcraft insert, well not necessarily the look, I love how it looks, but how you can see the framework for the original grill behind the mesh, its a big blue T shaped piece of plastic.  So I painted it black... you could still see it.  So finally I painted a sedan H emblem (sedan H is bigger than coupe H) and mounted it up.  It looked great. Problem that I didnt know until the install was that the H of the front of an Accord is bowed... so it was only attached by the top and bottom of the emblem with superglue.  Held fine for i think almost 2 months and looked great until yesterday.  I was goin to meet my friends for wing night and as I'm drivin I hear this sound of plastic skipping across pavement.  Turns out I hit a bump in the road, it jarred it loose and it fell off the car.  Luckily the light turned read, so I jumped out, sprinted up the street to pick it up from the middle of the street and got back in the car right as the light turned green... looking like an idiot the whole time with people laughing.  So now I'm gonna have to find some new way to attach it, maybe try Gorilla glue. LOL
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:17:37 PM by accordguy04 » Logged

-Ryan

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012