Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:36:25 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300657 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #9735 on: January 03, 2011, 04:14:33 PM »

Cliff notes?
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: January 03, 2011, 04:17:12 PM »

1. Go set up an ETRADE account and there is a min opening deposit of $500 but you cant do much with that so try to get $1000.
2. Research companies that interest you. Anything from the sales of their products to their CEO and see what their stock price has done the past 6 months or so.
3. Pull the trigger
4. Hopefully start watching you money pile up.
5. Spend it all on tits and blow.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: January 03, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »

Sweet!!!
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: January 03, 2011, 04:21:23 PM »

I do it all myself. One of my good friends helps me out, free advice, which isn't normally recommended but I trust him. I have an ETRADE account and have it linked to my checking account. I watch stocks and CNBC all day. I probably check the market 30 times a day and update my spread sheets constantly. I have been making decent returns off bank stocks here lately. My suggestion to you is do some research on companies that interest you, for me it's banks, and get your accounts set up and linked. Then take a small amount, $1000 maybe, and pull the trigger. I'll admit, my Dad got me started with mutual funds, but once I was comfortable with the market I sold them all and reinvested in stocks. There is soooo much potential to make money. I have a double major and they are Business Administration in Banking and Finance with a concentration on financial planning and Pre Law. If I don't go to law school, then I will bet my MBA. My main stock right now is Bank of America which is up $.84 for the day so far. I think I am about to make a pretty large purchase of CITIGROUP. At $4.90 a share I can buy hundreds of shares, aka more money in the long run, hopefully, haha. BE warned though, once you start it WILL consume your life. It did for me at least haha.

Thanks for the input bill, I dont have the means right now to invest on my own, so I'm using top10traders.com to play with fake money.  I actually bought in BAC and C today and have already made about $600 return on the purchase.  I've been reading bloomberg and watching the market all day at work, just trying to learn as much as possible.  That's really where i'm at right now.. I just want as much advice as possible on how to actually get into that side of the business.. not necessarilly how to invest my own money.

-brian
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: January 03, 2011, 04:33:42 PM »

A lot of things aren't what you know, it's who you know. Try to surround yourself with people who know what they are talking about and you trust. For me, one of my good friends graduated in 08 with my current degree and works at RNST bank. My best friends dad is Senior Vice President of RNST. I can go to dinner with them and know exactly what to expect from the market. Nothing illegal, just it is their job and life to know about it. Just try to network and expand. I guess I have been lucky in that I have so many connections. I was in Chicago with my friend, Jeff, and I met Lex Fenwick though one of Jeff's professors. Just surround yourself with good people, that's my advice. It goes a longgg way.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: January 03, 2011, 04:34:24 PM »

All I heard was:

blah blah blah $1,000 blah blah blah tits and blow.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: January 03, 2011, 04:36:29 PM »

Pure awrsomness!  laugh
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9742 on: January 03, 2011, 05:29:48 PM »

I wish I could get interested in the stock market.  I'm sure it would consume my life though.  Maybe one day, but I've got so much shit going on right now, I just can't invest the time.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9743 on: January 03, 2011, 07:17:24 PM »

I invested 2500 bucks in sirius XM when it was $.12 per share Smiley It closed at $1.69 today  Tongue
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: January 03, 2011, 08:03:03 PM »

Jeez that like 30 grand. I'd think it is still a solid investment at 1.69. How much commission did you have you pay?

Bill C.
SECM member
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9745 on: January 03, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »

Not much  I don't really want to get into specifics about my financials. It was prior to the xm merger, and my guy is a friend of the family who thought I was an idiot. I plan to hold this investment for four years or so or until we are ready to buy a house if having that cash on hand is required. 
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: January 03, 2011, 08:53:44 PM »

I hate you all. I'll invest my money in cheap fatties and yingling thank you very much
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: January 03, 2011, 08:56:01 PM »

I swear if i hear another rooster at 4:30 in the morning I'm gonna go ape shit and kill the fucking thing! Fucking cocks are driving me insane! (NO HOMO COCK SUCKERS!!)

Edit: I hate rain season in the carribean!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:58:48 PM by gargantula99 » Logged

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9748 on: January 03, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »

I don't invest my money in anything because I spend all my money on the high cost of living in MA and maintaining my car.  At least you don't rent Jer.  I'm much worse off than you are.  Wink

Nelson, you're in Puerto Rico.  What would you expect?  Why don't you come back to the cold weather?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: January 03, 2011, 09:02:13 PM »

I'm with you there Tim, I have no extra money to invest. If I did, I'd invest in a SC  :Smiley
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012