Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:34:22 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300744 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7890 on: October 02, 2010, 09:36:23 PM »

Hmm. I'm sure there are going to be a few things that I want to do. I got an insurance quote for $90 a month so I might end up financing part of it. If I do that, then I'll have some extra money for some my mods. If I get an AP1 which I'm 99% sure I will, bigger wheels will be number one on my priority list after I get some routine stuff done. I'm gonna wanna get it checked out and get it up to date on everything. I figure a used S2000 will have been beat to hell and back. Probably wheels, tint, exhaust and I'll call it a day. Exhaust is iffy though. I found an 00 in Alpharetta, GA for 8900 with 67000 miles. I could get and not have a payment or finance no more than $3000 of it and get it to where I want it to be. I want the 5 spoke wheels that the one we drove today had.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 09:42:27 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: October 02, 2010, 09:52:23 PM »

$90 a month?? For someone under 21. That's insanly cheap. Something doesnt sound right. Mine was $117. I'm married over 25 and have a clean record.
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: October 02, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »

By the way those 5 spoke wheels are CR (club racer) wheels.  Someone must of swapped them on that S. Their ok. Maybe powdercoat them or something.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: October 02, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »

I answered everything honestly. That is for 2000. Full time college student with at least a 3.0 gpa, commuter to school less than 3 miles away, etc. I did state minimums on everything except I got collision with a $1000 deductible. My Dad said I don't need anything but the state mins on liability because I have so little in my name, what could they get from me. Oh, and that was through GEICO. It was by far the cheapest. All the others were around 130

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: October 02, 2010, 10:00:41 PM »

Maybe I need to switch to Geico!! haha  Huh?
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: October 02, 2010, 10:02:36 PM »

Well, I went to Travlers which is what my Dad has and it was $210. So I dunno. The second closet was Progressive and it was like 107.

I just got off the phone with my uncle who got an 00 back in the day. He told me to make sure to get one with a glass rear window. Which is 02 and newer. Not sure why but that may hold me back a little
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:14:30 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7896 on: October 02, 2010, 10:18:05 PM »

The HKS Hi-Power is the best sounding exhaust I've heard on an S2000.  Just a FYI.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: October 02, 2010, 10:22:20 PM »

My only concern with exhaust is noise levels. I noticed it revved at 4k while cruising down the highway. Not sure how much that would effect the db's. I wanna hear Marks. I stalked his thread earlier and noticed he had the CT-Engineering. Would his sound much different than an AP1 with the same exhaust?

I just researched the HKS a little. I would defiantly want the duals. Sounds pretty good, almost OEMish. I wish there was somewhere I could hear them in person. I heard some Tanabe exhaust I liked.

I'd have to do something with the system too. The one in the AP2 was awful and I've read the AP1's is even worse.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:36:46 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: October 02, 2010, 10:40:47 PM »

6 tweaters and two door speakers lmao...is loud but nothing else. I want to put exhaust on bad, ur right, its a rev happy, 4k hwy cruising bitch that makes u smile haha
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7899 on: October 02, 2010, 10:45:19 PM »

Probably not much different.  I've heard some pretty nasty sounding exhausts on S2K's before.  Last summer there was a kid always around my town with a yellow S2K (not sure if it was an AP1 or AP2) and it literally sounded like a fucking crotch rocket.  It was the loudest and worst sounding exhaust I had ever heard.  One thing should be mentioned that the S2K is not really a "highway" car for long trips.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: October 02, 2010, 10:50:51 PM »

Yeah, I kinda gathered that with how it was revving on the highway. Furthest trip I'd take it on is to Gulf Shores which is 280 miles. That might be monthly. It takes about an hour to get from Starkville to Tupelo, school to home. Made it a lot quicker last night though  angel

Bill C.
SECM member
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7901 on: October 03, 2010, 01:08:36 AM »

Man, all this talk makes me want an s2k so bad. The only way that would happen is if it was a straight up trade with my current car. I have no clue how much s2k's go for, or how much my car would be worth. I could revert everything back to stock except for the dual exhaust, because of the cutouts I made. I'm actually over the whole navigation thing... a navi DVD that's 6 years old has been getting very annoying. Plus, my phone can do GPS, so I could just get a car mount. So tech isn't really that important in the s2k. Do you guys think it could happen with my car? '05 EX-L with 55k miles. I doubt my parents would even allow it though; that's why it would have to be a straight up trade, because of college costs.

exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: October 03, 2010, 03:55:10 AM »

Bill, In about 2 weeks, I am going to Matts in Kennesaw for 2 weekends, If you would like, I will talk him into us goign to look at it and give you an approval before you venture all the way to GA to be disappointed.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: October 03, 2010, 09:38:16 AM »

I may take you on that, thanks! Before anything happens though, I have to get a job to cover the monthly insurance expense. So, I have some planning to do.

Bill C.
SECM member
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7904 on: October 03, 2010, 10:53:26 AM »

Man, all this talk makes me want an s2k so bad. The only way that would happen is if it was a straight up trade with my current car. I have no clue how much s2k's go for, or how much my car would be worth. I could revert everything back to stock except for the dual exhaust, because of the cutouts I made. I'm actually over the whole navigation thing... a navi DVD that's 6 years old has been getting very annoying. Plus, my phone can do GPS, so I could just get a car mount. So tech isn't really that important in the s2k. Do you guys think it could happen with my car? '05 EX-L with 55k miles. I doubt my parents would even allow it though; that's why it would have to be a straight up trade, because of college costs.

I doubt it man. How are you fuckers? I was MIA yesterday. I wish I could drive an S2K!!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012