Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:24:04 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1860 1861 [1862] 1863 1864 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300359 times)
[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

Reputation Power: 3
[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #27915 on: March 27, 2016, 04:22:19 PM »

You're very much right. So many stance guys have sketchy setups. Excessive negative camber and stretched tires...these guys really don't seem to understand why their setups aren't just stupid, but hazardous. I was in the auto repair trade for a good 11 years, all the training I've received and things I've learned on my own, this fad just goes completely against what I've been taught, in a dangerous manner.

But people are followers, they see their friends do it so they do it. It's stupid. I gave up trying to explain why it's stupid, you're only met with childish insults and the same old "Hurr nobody ever crashed lol"

My wheels are 18x8.5 with a 235/40 tire, I get made fun of for not being low amongst other things with Accord fanboys.

I especially find it funny when they tout "Respect all builds" but then shit talk people that don't fit their little mold.

2005 CM7: EX-L, K24A4, five speed auto

I'm boring, guys. I like function over form. :c
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27916 on: March 27, 2016, 05:53:51 PM »

I know how you feel.  They just can't think outside of the cookie cutter mold.  Those are the people that aren't real car people, they're just doing it to be cool.  The wheels I have on my car right now are 18x8.5 with 265/40's on the front.  I want to buy a set of wheels off a guy that's more about the look than performance.  He has a set of RPF-1's that are staggered 18x9/10, with the 10's in the rear.  I think they look better staggered properly with the 10's in the front with some 305/30's on them.  Flippa!

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #27917 on: March 27, 2016, 06:06:30 PM »

Well yeah. You have a fwd vehicle. Throwing the wider wheels/tires on the rear on a fwd car has never made sense to me.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27918 on: March 27, 2016, 06:36:23 PM »

There's a guy I've seen in the FB group with 19x12s in the rear of his CM8. wtf

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27919 on: March 27, 2016, 08:33:10 PM »

Well yeah. You have a fwd vehicle. Throwing the wider wheels/tires on the rear on a fwd car has never made sense to me.

What I really don't understand is the people that spend the money on really wide wheels, but put skinny tires on them.  That doesn't make any sense to me.  If I was going to get narrow tires, I'd put them on narrow wheels.

What purpose does that serve?  Does it at least look good?  Knock off wheels, right?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #27920 on: March 27, 2016, 11:13:30 PM »

What I really don't understand is the people that spend the money on really wide wheels, but put skinny tires on them.  That doesn't make any sense to me.  If I was going to get narrow tires, I'd put them on narrow wheels.
Why u no like herrafrush mad tyte stance doe?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27921 on: March 27, 2016, 11:26:55 PM »

Why u no like herrafrush mad tyte stance doe?

Because I'm a fucking man!! That's why.

Tim
[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27922 on: March 28, 2016, 12:03:44 AM »

What purpose does that serve?  Does it at least look good?  Knock off wheels, right?

I have no clue. They're AG wheels. They look silly on there, but what do I know, I'm just a dumbass that likes functionable setups.

http://i.imgur.com/gt8EbXM.jpg

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27923 on: March 28, 2016, 10:40:17 AM »

I've never heard of AG wheels, but I'm sure they're a knock off of some design. I'm not a fan of how it looks. There's not enough tire for that wheel. I absolutely hate when the lip of the wheel sticks out like that.

I prefer the fat tire look. This is my car at the IA summer meet in Kentucky. My hood was off because I was in the DPI booth and they asked me to take it off to show off the blower set up.

Tim
[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27924 on: March 28, 2016, 11:54:25 AM »

Yes! That's exactly what I like.

But yeah, that's the style the majority of the Accord crowd likes and it aggervates me. Not even worth arguing with them.

Wish I had the cash to dump in my Accord for performance like that. I'm probably just going to keep it stock mechanically and buy a go fast toy in 2018. I really want to import a Japanese car, something like a Toyota Mark II Tourer V or Nissan Cefiro...

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #27925 on: March 28, 2016, 05:52:53 PM »

Fat tire look FTW. Better than skinny tires that cant make a u-turn

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27926 on: March 28, 2016, 07:08:33 PM »

I even break those 265 drag radials loose in lower gears. Skinny tires would be a complete waste because all I would do is spin the tires.

Tim
[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27927 on: March 29, 2016, 08:59:31 AM »

I think my 235 Kumhos can handle all the 161HP my car makes. lmao

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27928 on: March 29, 2016, 09:18:50 AM »

Torque is a hell of a drug. LOL

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #27929 on: March 29, 2016, 11:23:33 AM »

Functional setups FTMFGDW

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1860 1861 [1862] 1863 1864 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012