Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:18:40 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1774 1775 [1776] 1777 1778 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300344 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #26625 on: January 15, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »

For just Lori and I, I can't justify brewing a whole pot of coffee.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #26626 on: January 15, 2015, 09:41:26 PM »

Sometimes I miss brewing a whole pot. It's hard to adjust the strength on a keurig
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26627 on: January 16, 2015, 08:26:19 AM »

I don't brew a whole pot since it's just two of us. I get the convenience of the Keurig, but that's all lost if it doesn't work. My coffee maker has lasted over 9 years, and in that time I've gone through 3 or 4 Keurigs.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #26628 on: January 16, 2015, 08:24:54 PM »

There was just a recall announced for them. I believe it's for most of the ones from the first 2-3yrs because they can spray hot water on you. A co-worker brought one in that had stopped working to put in the dumpster. We decided to take it apart first. Put it this way, those things are pretty much unrepairable. The ground wires are  riveted to the bottom cover so you have to cut them. Some screws are in a 1/4"x8" hole. Clamps on some of the hoses have to be cut in order to remove them. On the other hand, we took the heating section from one coffee maker and wired it up to the power supply section of another lol even sanded and stained a couple scrap pieces of 2x4s to make a cover for the power supply. Been brewing coffee 2-3 times a day for about 6months now lol.

I'm with Tim, not worth it for a cup of coffee.

Rich
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #26629 on: January 16, 2015, 08:44:30 PM »

Lol I need to clean ours. It's almost sad to say I'm easy Togo back to work.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #26630 on: January 17, 2015, 08:11:33 AM »

We don't buy the k-cups anymore, because Rob wants to perform surgery on them and recycle each bit of it. So we use those inserts you can put regular coffee in. Seems silly but I guess I can't complain because the keurig was free.  When it goes I'll have to have deep thoughts and figure out what's more efficient for maximized caffination! Lol I found this blog once on how to clean it. It was some great all healing secret! And I got to the end and it said "now turn it over on It's back over the sink and spank it like It's been a bad baby" ...........   what?........ lol
[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

Reputation Power: 3
[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26631 on: January 17, 2015, 08:37:11 AM »

Ugh...I remembered why I was happy to leave the Grand Am scene...a friend of mine added me to a Grand Am group on FB, it was nice because I caught up with a lot of OG owners I haven't talked to in YEARS, but oh...oh god...

The new generation buying these crap boxes...it makes me cringe. Either it's pipe dreams that make 15-18 year old Honda owners look innocent, or so much shit talking about how their cars are "fast"...and sure enough, when I say something, boy do they get PISSED. lol

Probably the most annoying is all of them talking shit about Honda, and not just because I popped back in (a lot of these kids don't know who I am Tongue ) I mean...most have the 5th gen body (99-05) and most had the rinky dink LA1, which is a 3.4L pushrod V6 making...ahem, 175 crank HP...and all auto. GM never mated a manual to that engine. All this talk about "crushing Civics," blah blah blah. A J30 with basic bolt ons makes more HP than a cammed LA1 with headers, ported intake and heads and a tune. lol

Damn kids.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:39:11 AM by [ChaosweaveR] » Logged

2005 CM7: EX-L, K24A4, five speed auto

I'm boring, guys. I like function over form. :c
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #26632 on: January 17, 2015, 10:20:45 AM »

We don't buy the k-cups anymore, because Rob wants to perform surgery on them and recycle each bit of it. So we use those inserts you can put regular coffee in. Seems silly but I guess I can't complain because the keurig was free.  When it goes I'll have to have deep thoughts and figure out what's more efficient for maximized caffination! Lol I found this blog once on how to clean it. It was some great all healing secret! And I got to the end and it said "now turn it over on It's back over the sink and spank it like It's been a bad baby" ...........   what?........ lol

My roommates in nashville tried that when they started composting. It lasted all of three weeks.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26633 on: January 17, 2015, 11:54:27 AM »

Ugh...I remembered why I was happy to leave the Grand Am scene...a friend of mine added me to a Grand Am group on FB, it was nice because I caught up with a lot of OG owners I haven't talked to in YEARS, but oh...oh god...

The new generation buying these crap boxes...it makes me cringe. Either it's pipe dreams that make 15-18 year old Honda owners look innocent, or so much shit talking about how their cars are "fast"...and sure enough, when I say something, boy do they get PISSED. lol

Probably the most annoying is all of them talking shit about Honda, and not just because I popped back in (a lot of these kids don't know who I am Tongue ) I mean...most have the 5th gen body (99-05) and most had the rinky dink LA1, which is a 3.4L pushrod V6 making...ahem, 175 crank HP...and all auto. GM never mated a manual to that engine. All this talk about "crushing Civics," blah blah blah. A J30 with basic bolt ons makes more HP than a cammed LA1 with headers, ported intake and heads and a tune. lol

Damn kids.
I traded in an '03 Monte Carlo LS (3.4L) for my '04 Accord V6 6MT.  Blew my mind that HONDA got 65 more horsepower out of almost a half a liter smaller engine.  So awesome. Lol.

Shit my old coupe even had a better 0-60 than the Grand Prix GXPs  (Supercharged 3.8L).  They took it in the quarter... but 0-60 was enough for me.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26634 on: January 17, 2015, 01:11:51 PM »

Tons of Grans Ams out here in Ohio. All of them are slow ass shit boxes. I'm sure a bolt on k20 makes more power than their cammed set ups. Hondas are slow though. Especially k24 Accord sedans.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26635 on: January 17, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »

I dealt with mine for seven years, there's no real potential unless you're boosting them and dumping the money for a five speed swap.

Mine looked and sounded nice, but...that's about it.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26636 on: January 17, 2015, 02:42:04 PM »

Yeah. I don't know much about dumping money into a slow car to make it fast.

Tim
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26637 on: January 17, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »

Yeah. I don't know much about dumping money into a slow car to make it fast.
This guy... lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26638 on: January 17, 2015, 03:08:06 PM »

Haha, it's a K-series. It'll make power and have more on the table as far as build options go.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26639 on: January 17, 2015, 03:38:00 PM »

Everyone knows supercharged k series motors can't make more than 350 whp.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1774 1775 [1776] 1777 1778 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012