Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:16:19 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1765 1766 [1767] 1768 1769 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300552 times)
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #26490 on: December 23, 2014, 10:14:35 AM »

I had to search for ECM after it updated. I also had to login again. I also can't locate the "browse" to search through topics. I have to do a search to find the thread.
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #26491 on: December 23, 2014, 10:33:42 AM »

Mine shows the dumbest threads from another forum im on. It even started sending me the popular threads from the day.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

Reputation Power: 1
theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26492 on: December 23, 2014, 10:54:03 AM »

Morning Everyone,

So my dad just bought my little sister an 05 Honda Accord Hybrid.

My concern is the hybrid system and battery.   

Also, with maintenance on a hybrid is there a different way to do things or all the same.?

[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

Reputation Power: 3
[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26493 on: December 23, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »

From what I know, the system doesn't age well and causes odd quirks.

There was a local guy with a 7th gen hybrid to me, had stuttering issues at idle. Plugs were fine, injectors weren't clogged and no vacuum leaks. Sadly I don't know how the hybrid system really functions on it, never actually did some research on it.

2005 CM7: EX-L, K24A4, five speed auto

I'm boring, guys. I like function over form. :c
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26494 on: December 23, 2014, 12:33:29 PM »

Good question. Hybrid Accords are a rare find. I'd get the service manual for it if you're going to work on it yourself.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #26495 on: December 23, 2014, 01:09:04 PM »

The battery is stupid expense to replace when it dies but from what I've read, you can still drive the car normally with a dead battery, you'll just see a drop in mpg. 
theycallme_og

not that kind of OG

Reputation Power: 1
theycallme_og pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26496 on: December 23, 2014, 03:17:33 PM »

I believe the battery is already dead..   Current MPG is 27   

Which way below hybrid 37 expectancy..    I guess I need to start looking for battery replacement.

Is there shops that you could take to get it done or does it need to be by Honda?
[ChaosweaveR]

Hellastock

Reputation Power: 3
[ChaosweaveR] pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26497 on: December 24, 2014, 08:43:52 AM »

Knowing how shops are, they'll avoid your car like the plague. Best bet is Honda, I'd feel better knowing a tech who's actually been trained to diagnose and repair the hybrid system, working on the car.

But that's just me.

2005 CM7: EX-L, K24A4, five speed auto

I'm boring, guys. I like function over form. :c
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #26498 on: December 24, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »

Unless you can find a shop that specializes in hybrids but GL with that. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26499 on: December 24, 2014, 06:46:58 PM »

Id have to agree. Honda is going to be your best bet to get work done. There are so many "certified" shops out there that hack stuff like crazy.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #26500 on: December 25, 2014, 12:46:44 AM »

So I don't post in this chat room often, if ever, but I felt like doing a little rambling. As a kid growing up there were always some type of motor vehicle around, mainly trucks and tractor trailers. So from an early age I knew that I will be doing something related, either directly or indirectly, to the automotive industry. So how did I get to be here today, on this site, being friends with you guys, only ever owning cars made by Honda?

It was in the mid to late 90's when I would spend the summers with my dad. I remember riding around with him in his '90 Civic SI hatch. He didn't seem to shift until redline. I remember the fun we use to have caravanning, sometimes 4 cars, on our roundtrips. We would work on it, though it always ended up with me working and him telling me what to do and how to do it. I also remember him giving me my first Super Street magazine and seeing the modifications being done to the cars. Needless to say I wanted one of these cars and it didn't really matter which as long as it was in the Honda family.

My first was a '91 Integra hatch in which we replaced the engine and did a little light moding. We even took it on one of our caravan road trips. My second was a '00 Civic Si coupe. We really didn't do much with this one, maybe because I only owned it for a year. I do miss how well this car handled. It was very responsive. Then came the Accord. I wasn't planning on doing anything to it, but drive and enjoy it. I remember when my dad would ask when I was going to get some "rims" for it or "drop" it etc. I would always say I'm not sure because, compare to the Civic or Integra, there weren't a lot of this generation Accord around that were moded.

I started looking around online and stumbled upon some images from Car Domain. After some time I found the original gen7accord site and would often browse for ideas. I finally bit the bullet and went with my dad and his friend to get some wheels. Then came the eBay projectors followed by the HFP front and side kit. When I went back to the tire place to get wheel spacers added, I remember the owner asking if he could take a picture of my car to use for promotions. I remember feeling pretty good and my dad giving me that "I told you so" look.

Shortly after, I eventually joined the gen7accord forums and went to my first meet. I remember pulling up not knowing anyone and the first person to greet me was a Russian guy with a ponytail. I also met some others there, many of which have became very good friends with. I was then introduce to ECM and TCC at this meet and was invited to my first ECM meet. I eventually became a member of ECM and TCC.

Over the next few years, I met a lot more people from all over with all different backgrounds some of whom I have yet to meet in person. We all come together over a common interest, love of cars. I also got a lot more insight into the potential of the accord from all the contributions on ECM. One specific contribution was the "Frankenstein engine builds." These were nothing new in the Civic/Integra world, but was fairly new and showed a lot of promise for the Accord.

I remember all the conversations I use to have with my dad regarding these builds. He was use to Hondas making all their power up top. I use to always tell him that when I get one of these builds done, I would show him that low end power was possible and he didn't need to shift at 5k rpm. We use to go back and forth about pros and cons of high Hp low Tq and low Hp high Tq etc.

I got close to having one of these builds done a number of times, but something always came up causing it to be put on hold. As some of you know, last year was a tough year for me. My dad past away a few months before the build was suppose to start and thus it was put on hold again. After dealing with everything after my dad's passing and him not being around to see the build, it became more of a priority and was to be done in his memory. By this time, however, the person doing the build was going through some tough time of his own so it was put on hold again. During this time I also lost my grandmother whom was the rock of our family and my mother for most of my life. Let's just say it was dark time, but thanks to my family, girlfriend and friends that are like family (you know who you are) I got through it.

This year, though a lot has change and it's almost over, was a pretty good year. The build has finally started; I welcome a new niece who's healthy and doing well; and my girlfriend and I have taken steps towards home ownership. Here's to a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!!!

Thanks for reading. Profile will be updated in the coming days.

Rich
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #26501 on: December 25, 2014, 07:08:24 AM »

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

Rich that was a great post. I look forward to your progress, It's awesome that you're doing it in your dad's memory. It makes it all the more special.  I too share the love of cars with my dad: ) but not on a performance aspect. I think It's awesome that you used to build cars together: ). May you have no more instructions! May 2015 bring you to your goals! Both with the build and with hour house hunting! Merry Xmas !
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26502 on: December 25, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »

Merry Christmas.

Rich, good post.

Tim
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #26503 on: December 25, 2014, 10:16:04 AM »

Thanks guys. It was long overdue.

Rich
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #26504 on: December 25, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »

Where's the thumbs up/ like button when you want to hit it? Great post Rich. I'm glad you let that out bro.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1765 1766 [1767] 1768 1769 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012