Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:11:06 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300526 times)
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #25020 on: December 01, 2013, 01:02:30 PM »

I'm tired of people who say "hurr no one cares when ppl in the middle east die" blah blah blah.

Like come on, cut the fucking shit. The reason why people are really sad about Paul Walkers death is because of what he meant to the car world, the excellent movies he's made, including f&f and the type of guy he was. Paul Walkers death is a hit bc all of his fans actually had a connection with him due to this. He was actually a humble guy, loved cars which most of us love as well.

We don't have a connection with innocent Middle East victims, unfortunetly. What can we really say if a report is made of people dying in the Middle East do to war every single day? Nothing really...just how unfortunate it is that the US Military is killing them.

I especially laugh when people say "Soldiers are dying fighting for your country but you cry over a celebrity". Oh really? What necessarily are they fighting for? Last I checked, all the Gov't and other agencies have been doing is taking our Constitutional rights away day by day and that's fact.
Aren't aware? Wake up.

So really, what are US Soldiers fighting for? Making billions of dollars for corporations that profit off of war, that's about it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:08:45 PM by Arielit0oo » Logged
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #25021 on: December 01, 2013, 01:47:20 PM »

Care to rephrase that Ariel?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #25022 on: December 01, 2013, 02:53:56 PM »

Still don't see the logic in it, we will cry over one dude we don't know personally, because he was in movies, yet we don't cry over those who die overseas because their country told them to do so...

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25023 on: December 01, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »

I see what you mean by the connection. We associate with the person, plus he was doing charity work so that's sad. Someone had a good point, people went nuts when Whitney Houston died, but she was a crack addict. If anything we should be mad at her. What a waste. This wasn't anything like that. I feel bad for anyone who dies, but it's impossible to have a connection with every single person.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25024 on: December 01, 2013, 03:50:54 PM »

Yeah, people went crazy when Amy Whinehouse died yet she was a drug addict as well, brought upon herself.

At the end of the day,  if the celebrity really doesn't mean anything to you, you not having whatever form of connection with them, then don't shoot down a person that does.
Especially with this "Soldiers that die for you on a daily basis" or "victims in the Middle East" bc it's bs. I already stated above why. Unfortunetly, you're not going to be affected by every single person that dies in the world.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25025 on: December 01, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »

I wish we saw the men and women of the military as much as celebrities. Sometimes the first time I see someone is when they post their pic on the news because they passed away. I don't want my comment to be taken the wrong way. I appreciate and am sorry for each person who is killed because of war. It doesn't need to happen.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #25026 on: December 01, 2013, 04:53:50 PM »

Fuck Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston. Crack heads that happened to be famous. Michael Jackson? Dead white woman who molested little boys. Those three were cried for and still are. Paul Walker? Yeah, he was a celebrity but he supposedly hated the job. He was an enthusiast like us and as much as it pains me to say this, those movies opened up the automotive enthusiast world. Yeah, they also created the "ricers" we all know and loathe but no one here can deny that they thought it was cool back in the day. As for how he died, he was in the middle of a charity event for the victims in the Philippines doing what he loved (and I'm sure everyone here would probably do the same thing if you were in his position as the enthusiasts we are).
As for the soldiers overseas, they aren't fighting for our freedom. They're following orders. Ever hear of the Uniform Code of Military Justice or the oath of enlistment? Probably not. Both of those state following the orders of the POTUS and officers appointed above you. Its not like the military have much of a choice.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #25027 on: December 01, 2013, 05:32:23 PM »

Fuck Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston. Crack heads that happened to be famous. Michael Jackson? Dead white woman who molested little boys. Those three were cried for and still are. Paul Walker? Yeah, he was a celebrity but he supposedly hated the job. He was an enthusiast like us and as much as it pains me to say this, those movies opened up the automotive enthusiast world. Yeah, they also created the "ricers" we all know and loathe but no one here can deny that they thought it was cool back in the day. As for how he died, he was in the middle of a charity event for the victims in the Philippines doing what he loved (and I'm sure everyone here would probably do the same thing if you were in his position as the enthusiasts we are).
As for the soldiers overseas, they aren't fighting for our freedom. They're following orders. Ever hear of the Uniform Code of Military Justice or the oath of enlistment? Probably not. Both of those state following the orders of the POTUS and officers appointed above you. Its not like the military have much of a choice.

This.....100% This.

Paul Walker's passion was cars and excitement.  His side job was acting.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25028 on: December 01, 2013, 05:48:57 PM »

Z, I definitely know Military soldiers are just following orders. I'm saying that overall because people actually think they're fighting for our "freedom".

To end this, everyone has their say, their opinion and that's fine. In general, people shouldn't play that card of "hirr there are victims all over the world, cry for them", yeah we can but we can only do so much. There are deaths every single daygor fucked up reasons.

Now, How was everyones thanksgiving?
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25029 on: December 01, 2013, 06:22:03 PM »

Mine was shitty, I got home and found out Paul Walker died...

I'm kidding. Lol. It was good.  Drive in to work from home wss pretty rough (on account of friday night's festivities) but other than that it was def a good holiday home.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25030 on: December 01, 2013, 07:39:46 PM »

Mine was ok, drove up north here in NH where they chuck pumpkins for fun and there's no paved roads or cell phone reception. Dinner was great, and I was good and skipped the cheesecake Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25031 on: December 01, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »

Thanksgiving was good. Last night didn't end well. Big blow out between me and my father. I tried to set it right, but we parted ways on bad terms.

It sucks about Paul Walker's death because the loss of life is sad regardless of who they are. The sad thing is that his death will get media coverage because he is a celebrity, while other people serving their country will not. From what I've read, Paul was a good guy that was passionate about cars. This happened as he was leaving a charity car event that he organized to raise money to help the people in the Philippines from the typhoon. He was someone that was trying to do some good an help others. Not all celebrities are like that.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25032 on: December 02, 2013, 09:14:56 AM »

Mornin' ECM!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #25033 on: December 02, 2013, 10:51:21 AM »

Stop being so damn cheery. Its Monday for cryin' out loud.

Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25034 on: December 02, 2013, 10:54:19 AM »

Shit i know that! Lol not an ordinary Monday! It's cyber Monday! Thinkgeek.com has 50% off some of their awesome stuff and free shipping!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012