Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:14:27 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Chatroom  (Read 4300517 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21570 on: January 29, 2013, 09:14:32 AM »

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #21571 on: January 29, 2013, 09:41:18 AM »

Did you explain that to them? That's messed up that they won't let you move up in the police world.

I did explain that to them. I think my Lt. had a hand in it as he is attempting to "clean up" his team, and knows that I'm the only person in my job in our team thats worth a damn. But at the same time, this puts such a huge damper on my career. What scares me the most is that I've worked so hard, and I had a thought of giving up this morning.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21572 on: January 29, 2013, 09:49:47 AM »

Don't give up Country.  That's a dick move that your Lt. would hold you back because you're the only person that actually does their job.  If anything, he's being counterproductive.  I'd tell that fucker to ESAD after that move.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #21573 on: January 29, 2013, 09:55:22 AM »

He wants to meet with me thursday So I guess I will see how it goes. I have worked my ass off only to now have something I have no control over standing in my way.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21574 on: January 29, 2013, 11:12:52 AM »

He wants to meet with me thursday So I guess I will see how it goes. I have worked my ass off only to now have something I have no control over standing in my way.
Don't show your confidence as you being cocky..  Try to show him that you can do the job while going to the academy, but that he can still take a part in your learning and that he will have value by teaching you something..  Basically, you want to make him feel like you being a part of the team will add value to his own career, while you show him that you can be an asset to the team while advancing your own career at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:14:48 AM by alpha » Logged

- Mark
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21575 on: January 29, 2013, 11:21:19 AM »

That's true, I've tried my best to not be cocky and and with any request I include "I respectfully request"

SECM Squad #3...kinda
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #21576 on: January 29, 2013, 12:46:35 PM »

Just adding that line doesn't make you not sound cocky.  It just makes you sound respectful and courteous.

I think you'll be fine if you just show that you want to be more than what you are now.  How can they hold you back from wanting to do more??

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21577 on: January 29, 2013, 01:51:54 PM »

I know, like I said, I've tried to not appear cocky. I'm not an ass kissing pos so I'm kinda treated like garbage.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #21578 on: January 29, 2013, 02:58:08 PM »

A little ass kissing might help your situation out though. 
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21579 on: January 29, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »

I know, that's just not how I was raised. I'd rather be known for my accomplishments than for my brown-nosing abilities

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21580 on: January 29, 2013, 03:19:38 PM »

I can't stand places where ass kissers get ahead. It's a good idea to get along with people, but don't take it to the point of kissing ass.

Tim
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21581 on: January 29, 2013, 03:54:26 PM »

I can't stand places where ass kissers get ahead. It's a good idea to get along with people, but don't take it to the point of kissing ass.

That's how I've spent my career. This department has a long standing record of ass-kissing

SECM Squad #3...kinda
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21582 on: January 29, 2013, 04:29:02 PM »

I know, that's just not how I was raised. I'd rather be known for my accomplishments than for my brown-nosing abilities
I know what you mean, as I am the same way.  Unfortunately, and this mostly deals with other people's insecurities, is the idea that people may get intimidated by your confidence and current accomplishments.  There may also be a little bit of jealousy there.

How can they hold you back from wanting to do more??
There could be background politics and/or personal career jealousy going on.  It could be the, 'you're getting held back because I don't want you to be better than me' attitude.  Granted, this is all speculation.

- Mark
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21583 on: January 29, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »

There's a lot of background politics. Most of the current administration worked for my dad. Who didn't allow ass-kissing.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21584 on: January 30, 2013, 10:50:18 PM »

Stupid background politics.. there has to be a way to command respect and recognition without a brown nose.. 
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 ... 1911 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012