Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:53:28 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 04+ TL engine cover on 7th gen accord V6 DIY  (Read 7141 times)
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2009, 08:01:35 AM »

i see ppl with pics but didnt find complete DIY on it, although its not hard i figured i do something good for noobs
(transferred from v6p http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88108)
Parts needed:
1) 17121-RDA-A00 -- COVER ASSY., IN. MANIFOLD -- ~$40 from Acura dealer(they would have to order it usualy)

2) 17147-RDA-A00 -- STAY ASSY., ENGINE COVER -- ~10 from Acura dealer as well(has to be ordered too)

Image of Acura TL engine cover from acuraautomotiveparts.org, i dont know why they list all those separate parts but when i ordered 2 parts listed above everthing in picture came with them.

Tools needed

1) flat head screw driver (or key to unlock clips)
2) 10mm socet (and driver of course) to unsrew bolts that hold engine cover holder(STAY ASSY., ENGINE COVER)

First step. take original cover off. unlock clips and pull cover toward yourself just enough to get clips out of their holders and pry off wire holder that holds i think O2 sensor wire, from engine cover

Second step
Unscrew 2 bolts that hold metal engine cover holder, then release clips that hold spark plug wires plastic organizer. and then pull metal holder out, you can unclip spark connectors but its not nessary

Third step
Now put new engine cover holder in place of old one and screw bolts back in and put spark plug wire organizer back onto metal holder. its direct replacement, you dont have to drill anything or cut it.

Forth step
put new cover on and lock 3 clips. it will not lay flat in the back of engine but once you drive car next time it will heat and lay flat. im still trying to figure out how to make holder in back,.
here is what noslow100 to do about back holder for engine cover
Quote from: noslow100
You will need to drill a hole at the top-back part of the cover to get it to stay down on the top.  Just take a rubber mallet and place the engine cover in the proper place.  Tap the cover were the screw is and it will make a mark on the inside of the cover.  Drill that out and use the screw to hold it into place.

before and after pictures

hope you like it

CF anybody?

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
jobata23

Reputation Power: 3
jobata23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 02:07:38 PM »

ive done this mod a long time ago, and it still looks really nice under the hood, and the carbon fiber one looks ok

Mark
SCANDAL
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SCANDAL pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 02:49:51 AM »

Quote from: noslow100

You will need to drill a hole at the top-back part of the cover to get it to stay down on the top.  Just take a rubber mallet and place the engine cover in the proper place.  Tap the cover were the screw is and it will make a mark on the inside of the cover.  Drill that out and use the screw to hold it into place.

Can you show me a picture of the top back part cover? Where to drill a hole? Thanks Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:20:17 AM »

Considering you bumped a three year old thread, you may not get a reply as quickly as you'd like. The best bet is to get the cover and lay it where it's supposed to be and see where that screw is he's talking about.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
duck17

Reputation Power: 0
duck17 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 04:12:23 PM »

I just did this and didn't drill any holes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012