Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:51:24 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoutbox  (Read 5070 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: October 31, 2009, 09:42:51 PM »

If some of you guys haven't noticed yet, we have a new feature on our forum at the bottom of the Board Index page.  It's a shoutbox so you guys can just shoot the shit or say whatever.  I'm going to take this opportunity to make two simple requests when using the shoutbox.  Please use your screen name when posting in the shoutbox.  Please act as if the shoutbox is an extension of the "Off Topic" forum, meaning that I would prefer you keep the discussion non-technical and if there is an existing thread covering that topic, please post in that thread instead of the shoutbox.  Any posts in the shoutbox that do not follow these two simple requests will be deleted.  Thanks for understanding and feel free to post in here if anything is unclear.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 08:01:54 AM »

I actually want to give kudos to you and Jeff for throwing that in there. I've seen the shoutbox in one other forum and thought it was a sweet idea. No real confusion or anything, just props to you guys. Also, I accidentally hit the omega symbol and it prompted me for an admin password. Oops. I didn't know what it was for and hit it out of curiosity.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:06:57 AM »

I remember asking about this when the site first started. Either way, good job on the new addition to the site

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
I actually want to give kudos to you and Jeff for throwing that in there. I've seen the shoutbox in one other forum and thought it was a sweet idea. No real confusion or anything, just props to you guys. Also, I accidentally hit the omega symbol and it prompted me for an admin password. Oops. I didn't know what it was for and hit it out of curiosity.

+1 Thanks for all the extra effort guys
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 11:09:13 AM »

No problem. Just trying to show my support for ECM.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 11:15:41 AM »

The shoutbox is not visible in the prosilver layout. Just a heads up.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 08:30:26 AM »

I also can't see it at work. Fucking stupid ass Smartfilter.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »

^Just noticed that too...FAIL!
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 09:18:14 AM »

How many "shouts" does the box show? I think I can only see like 10...is there a limit, or like a history? Cuz they are fun to read lol

EDIT: Nvm. I found that at the bottom of the shoutbox there is "Previous" and "Next" buttons. Very nice..

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
^Just noticed that too...FAIL!

I wonder if there is a way to change how this option is looked at by filters. Also, I'm switching my viewing option of the forum to pro silver at work so that the smart filter doesn't show me going to a blocked site all the time.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 11:07:05 AM »

I'll figure out how to integrate a chat box that's actually a part of the site. That way, filters won't detect it.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 12:27:26 PM »

Nice. Can't wait to see that take effect.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 05:31:30 PM »

OP updated.  Please follow the 2 rules I've posted.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 01:18:28 PM »

Do you guys want me to temporarily disable the shoutbox until I figure out a way to bypass the filtering at some people's work?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 01:24:13 PM »

There's no need to disable a feature for all members if only a few of them can't use it.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012