Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:42:22 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The comeback  (Read 9026 times)
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 09:42:09 PM »

Wow what a great shot! I'm going to dream about it tonight! lol
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 10:09:55 PM »

Haha thanks so much for the warm welcome back you guys.  I'm hoping to be a bit more active if possible.

Nothing new has really happened with the accord other than a few new scratches.  Just replaced my HID lamps and installed a new relay harness, but that's about it.

3/52 Fixer by artchang, on Flickr

I still have to install that replacement "wing" piece on the front bumper that I got made so long ago.  It's basically NBP painted without the emblem, should look sweet once I get around to removing the bumper and installing it.  I still have a brand new decklid sitting in my damn garage for like 6 years now... still unsure whether or not to install that either.

Otherwise nothing big on this car.

I've been looking into getting an Audi RS5, but never pulled the trigger because it doesn't have a manual transmission.  The S5 is nice, but it's so under powered.  I considered the new M3, but I really want an AWD so I can carve around the snow in Nevada during the winter.  If I get another car, the CM81 will stay a daily driver though.

Or I can really splurge and get in line for the new NSX... but the whole hybrid business throws me off.  I want a pure V8 vtech monster =P

Hybrid is the future of the sports car. Its odd but its coming.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:16 AM »

vtech? 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Blizzard
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Blizzard pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »

vtech? 

haha
Blizzard
Fucking Newb

Blizzard pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 05:49:17 PM »

That's true, but also paddle shifters are the future too =( Really sucks to not feel the car and just drive an auto / paddle.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »

That's true, but also paddle shifters are the future too =( Really sucks to not feel the car and just drive an auto / paddle.
That depends on the implementation of the transmission.  For example, BMW DCT transmissions are technically a manual transmission; it just doesn't have a clutch pedal.  It still provides full control of gear selection.  I expect the NSX to be the same; and if it isn't, that would be a shame especially considering the rest of the technological advances that car is supposed to have.

- Mark
Blizzard
Fucking Newb

Blizzard pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 12:35:22 PM »

That depends on the implementation of the transmission.  For example, BMW DCT transmissions are technically a manual transmission; it just doesn't have a clutch pedal.  It still provides full control of gear selection.  I expect the NSX to be the same; and if it isn't, that would be a shame especially considering the rest of the technological advances that car is supposed to have.

I've yet to drive a car with just manual gear selection and no clutch (other than the faux-shifters in automatics) to really know how it feels to drive.  I think it's definitely 100% better than an automatic, but a lot of the feel of a car, for me at least, is the clutch work.  You really feel and understand the characteristics of a car with the engaging and disengaging of the clutch. This is why think a clutch is one of the most important pieces in the car, having one that works well and performs the way you need is absolutely important.  I'm happy to have my world turned upside down though!

I'm going to head into a car dealer next week that's getting me a test with an RS5. We'll see how it goes.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012