Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 07:14:53 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Farting around with Timmy AKA Timmy's ongoing motor build.  (Read 8184 times)
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »

Timmy doing what he does best; sitting on his ass.

Free pancakes and bacon with every stay!

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »

Looks like fun! Wish I was closer to y'all!

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:48:01 PM »

Yeah the project does look fun ,That thing is going to be a beast when he's done

B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »

Mmmm, bacon. Tim, your car looks sweet even when it's disassembled.

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 02:35:07 PM »

Hahaha.  Milan you motherfucker!  I really hope my build lives up to all expectations.  The motor we were dropping in was a bare (no crank, rods or pistons) k24a4 block, bare (no valves, springs, rockers or cams) k24a2 head and an empty transmission case (no gears).  I did this to test for fitment of a few things that I'm going to be trying to fit in the engine bay.  I want to try and see if I can fit a 2 quart coolant tank for my aftercooler now that I relocated a few things.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 02:38:39 PM »

Mmmmm food, oh, nice car.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 02:45:55 PM »

That's what most people don't realize.  I love to cook and always treat my guests to a good meal when they visit.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 03:24:42 PM »

Nice motor install pix Milan!  That car will be beast when completed Tim!  It would be cool to visit and see this build in person...

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 05:00:24 PM »

Is there a timeline for this project or just build it as you get time?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 05:44:49 PM »

Looking good there buddy. I see you are still rocking my old Neuspeed strut bar. LOL
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 06:48:23 PM »

Tim, your car looks sweet even when it's disassembled.

I totally agree! Looking good Tim! I'm sure all the hard work will pay off in the end....

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 07:26:45 PM »

It would be cool to visit and see this build in person...

Well, people are welcome to come visit.  As long as I have enough notice, you can crash here.

Is there a timeline for this project or just build it as you get time?

My timeline is to have it running and tuned by the end of April to the beginning of May.  Here's how it breaks down right now.  My engine block is at ERL Performance and should be done by the beginning of April.  I should have the head ported and machined by the time I have the block back.  I'm probably going to take a 4 day weekend from work to assemble and install the motor.  As long as I have all the parts I need, I shouldn't have a problem with the assembly.  Then I just have to load it up on a trailer and tow it out to the tuner.

Right now, there are still a few big ticket items that I need to buy for my build.  I need to buy my entire valvetrain, get a new throttle body, possibly get a new clutch, and get my order in for Hond-R engine mounts since they take about 5 weeks to deliver.  I also need to have a new 3" or 3.5" intake fabricated because the 2.5" AEM intake I have is too restrictive for my motor.  I can get that done at the shop where I'm getting tuned.

I see you are still rocking my old Neuspeed strut bar.

Yeah.  I don't have the EDFC, so I don't have any clearance issues with that strut bar.  Maybe I might change that down the road, but it's not a priority for me at the moment.

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 10:04:17 PM »

+1 to what everybody said Tim.

Milan, you take some damn good photos!

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 01:25:38 PM »

Looks AWESOME Tim, and also sounds like it is going to be a beast when completed.  Def would like to see it in person some time, perhaps once summer roles around and I dust my car off we will have to get together. 

If you aren't already 100% sold on a tuner/tuning shop...I would highly recommend talking to Corey at Slowmotion Motorsports; one of the best Honda tuner's in the country, and Corey tunes for safe performance, not max HP gains then your motor blows a week later.  Just my 2 cents...again, looks fantastic!

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »

I've been talking to quite a few people about tuners.  I have decided against going to Slow Motion.  I've heard of too many bad experiences with that shop.  Even guys that say Corey is a good tuner, say the shop is shady and does shitty fab work.  I'd like to avoid wasting my time and money on a bad experience and the possibility of ruining a motor that I've invested a LOT of money in.  I'm actually going to go to Innovative Motor Works in Carlisle, PA and have Derek Robinson tune my car.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012