Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:09:31 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diode Dynamics HID KIT 8000k - Non retro  (Read 4128 times)
SHLEE
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
SHLEE pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2012, 04:09:49 PM »

Hey guys, Havent really been working on the car last year, but I just upgraded to HID from Paul @ DiodeDynamics.com - Love the 8oook Its not that blue and crazy bright. Looking to retrofit next month. TSX Single. Also installed the State 3 interior LED KIT. License plate Is amazing! 5x 5050 and just waiting for my Switch overs I thought I would get today, hopefully tomorrow. Headlight Lenses were Hazed over, So I polished them up a bit.

NIGHTTIME

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »

that's a lot of glare..

if you were planning to get a retrofit next month, why bother getting a 9006 kit?

- Mark
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 04:24:06 PM »

+1, they look good but I would have just waited and did the Retro.

As for the glare,  I have nonretro 8000ks in mine and they look the same in pictures, they don't look any where near as much glare to the naked eye.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
SHLEE
Fucking Newb

SHLEE pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »

Yea I was going to say, its really not that bad. This was a Blackberry Bold 9900 that took the pic. Just needed something to do. Cant really afford to go too crazy right now. So I do things here and there.

SHLEE
Fucking Newb

SHLEE pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 04:32:43 PM »

I would say it looks close to the Daytime pics. Sorry didnt have a better camera phone.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:01:49 PM »

The pictures make them look really blue.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
SHLEE
Fucking Newb

SHLEE pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:23:12 PM »

Tim, I know right? I swear it looks so nice. Nothing like this. I'll have to take another picture with a digital. No camera phone this time. Just installing the Switchbacks and there seems to be an issue with the resistor. The driver side is not the same as the passenger.. Tan with Black wires, we relocated in the trunk. tapped into the rear Blinker since it runs off the same circuit. Still have the hyper blink  (passenger side) Sad

SHLEE
Fucking Newb

SHLEE pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 10:47:53 AM »

Just got my switchbacks and I LOVE them! Got everything sorted out with the resistor turns out it wasnt making contact. Over clamping = wire cut in 2. anyway the temp for the switchbacks are 6k and the HID Kit is 8k. It looks ok, but I like the match. So I picked up some 6oook Bulbs. Looks GReat!

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »

Got everything sorted out with the resistor turns out it wasnt making contact. Over clamping = wire cut in 2.

I hope to christ that you're not using t taps.  Solder and heat shrink are the only way I would ever modify any wiring harness.  If you're not good a soldering, then you really need to use a ratcheting crimper with a crimp connector, then cover it with heat shrink.  T taps are not very good to use and will cause problems.  Essentially, they damage your wire (as you've already noticed), and will come loose.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012