Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:25:49 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My last track day  (Read 3884 times)
ryans7thgen
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
ryans7thgen pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2010, 04:28:48 PM »

Here are some pics from the last track day of this year.
Got to use my slicks.

Godzilla showed up also
He said it was making north of 800whp.  As fast as he was moving I have to believe him.  He had to leave early because it kept getting hot.

My buddy's 135i.  This thing is nasty and sounds it to.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 12:17:42 PM »

Nice pics Ryan.  Where is the track?  I wonder if they'd let my fat ass Accord on it?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ryans7thgen
Fucking Newb

ryans7thgen pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 01:27:55 AM »

It is Nelson Ledges up by Cleveland.  It's about three hrs north of Columbus.  You could deffinetaly get on track  as long as your car doesn't leak and there is nothing loose in it.  You do need a Snell M rated helmet.  They have some to rent there and the group I go with is pretty good with sharing.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 07:45:54 AM »

Nah, my car isn't really leaking right now.  Let's go this summer!  Can I use your tires? Wink

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »

Nicee. What was your time?
ryans7thgen
Fucking Newb

ryans7thgen pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »

Didn't get a time.  Most tracks do not allow timing at HPDE's.
CM5_NC1102
Fucking Newb

CM5_NC1102 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 09:28:09 AM »

are the accords any good at autox/time attack (stock I4/V6)?

ryans7thgen
Fucking Newb

ryans7thgen pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »

I have I4 5spd.  My first track day was on eibach pro-kit springs only.  Not to bad due to the Accord having the double wishbone front and multi-link rear suspension. 
After that I concentrated on brakes and suspension.  At that last track day of 2010 I was on H&R Race springs with Koni Yellow 8 way adjustable struts, TL-S rear sway bar, V6 6spd strut bar, stainless brake lines, Hawk HP-S front pads, Rotora BBK and Motul Dot 5.1 fluid. 
Brake pads, front rotors and stainless lines I have found to be a must.  At my first event I set my stock pads on fire and made the brake lines soft.  Couldn't track until I changed that stuff out.  I went with Hawk HP-S pads, power slot slotted and dimpled rotors and stainless lines.  After this the car braked amazingly well and allowed me to go deeper into the corners.
It is not the fastest car but I have made passes on several Mustangs(not v6s) and even harassed a Hemi 300 SRT-8.  The key is you can make it up in the corners.
The best investment if you find that you like track events is to take every advantage of any instruction you can.  I have even taken the first day of the Acura High Performance driver education at Mid-Ohio.  Best money is spent on the driver.
As for Auto-x it is kinda heavy but is fun.  I have not done an SCCA event so I do not know how it compares to other cars in its class.  I generally go to the local Miata clubs auto-x events. 
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 12:37:59 AM »

Godzilla = pure sex! Especially with 800hp...Ryan the car is looking sick as always.  Def gotta get together with Tim once the weather clears up

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012