Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:56:38 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Build Thread.. (56k, no way)  (Read 19934 times)
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2010, 03:07:45 AM »

Hey all,

I know its not a 7th Gen Accord, but I thought some people might be interested..

I'm creating this as a build thread of my S2000 CR.  It took me a while to decide whether or not I wanted to mod the car.  After some thought, I realized that I originally started looking for an S2000 as a car I wanted to mod.  Enough chit chat, on with some pics and a mod list..

I apologize for some blurry pics.  I took most of these with my cell phone.  When the car is done with its current state, I'm going to be getting a photoshoot done.  I'll update with those pics when I get them.

Mod list:
Suspension/Wheels/Tires
    KW Variant 3 with 12k Hypercoils
    Volk Racing CE28N Genesis
    Volk Racing GT Black Overseas Limited Edition Center Caps
    MXP Open Ended Black Lug Nuts
    Bridgestone Potenza RE11
    J's Racing Front Camber Kit w/ Roll Center Adjusters

Engine Performance
    CT-Engineering (Comptech) Dual Exhaust

Exterior/Aero Performance
    Downforce Side Diffusers
    Downforce Complete Rear Diffuser
    APR/Carbign Craft Exhaust Guards

Stopping Power
    StopTech SS Brake Hoses
    EBC Sport Rotors
    EBC Yellowstuff Pads
    ATE SuperBlue DOT4 Brake Fluid

Miscellaneous
    T1R Half Shaft Spacers

Here's a pic of it all nice and stock..

First thing I did was add some new brakes for an upcoming track day.  I decided to go with StopTech SS Brake Hoses, EBC Sport Rotors, EBC Yellowstuff Pads, and ATE SuperBlue DOT4 brake fluid.  These brakes performed really well at the track and I don't regret the upgrade.

Here's a pic of the SS hoses, followed by a pic of the rotors and pads.

Here's a pic of it that a student at UCSD took during a photoshoot day.  You can see the brakes through this pic.

Here's a pic of it at the track.  I was really impressed with the brake setup.  Consistent brake pressure and I didn't notice any brake fade.

Anyway, so I decided to mod the car shortly after that track day.  Here's the progression of mods.

I decided that I wanted to go non-staggered.  I wanted to run 255 width tires all around.  So I had to get new wheels.  I went to the shop, and asked what they had.  They told me they had a set of Volk CE28N Genesis in stock at Mackin, and they could be here in 3 days.  I said, "Sold."

Bringing them home..

Unboxing and test fitting my center caps, which also happen to be limited edition.

Hiboscal plates applied and testing how they would look with my lug nuts also..

I decided to wait to get tires until my coilovers came in.

Next on the list was coilovers.  I loved the stock CR suspension, but I always hated the ride height.  I needed it lower, so I was doing some research.  I wanted to find something nice, comfortable, adjustable, and quality.  I decided on KW Variant 3.  I also bought brand new OEM top hats because I did not want to take apart my OEM suspension.  It would also make the installation much easier.

I finally get my coilovers after a few weeks since they had to build them in Germany and then ship them here.  I proceed to order some tires, Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 in 255/40/17.  I love these tires and highly recommend them if you are looking for an Extreme Performance Summer tire.

Picture of them mounted on the wheel.

As time passed while waiting for my friend to help me roll my fenders, I decided I wanted stiffer spring rates.  I decided to purchase some 12k Hypercoils.

Here they are installed on the coilovers.

Time came to install the coilovers.  At the same time, I installed a J's Racing Front Camber Kit with Roll Center Adjusters and T1R Half Shaft Spacers.

Here's a pic of the car on the alignment rack.

After that, I proceded to install my Downforce side diffusers.
You can see them in this pic that was taken during a car show..

I then finally received my exhaust and installed it.  I decided on a CT-Engineering (Comptech) dual exhaust.  I love the way it sounds, it's not obnoxiously loud yet provides a nice deeper tone.  As with all Comptech products, the quality is top notch.

Where the midpipe meets the two muffler pipes.  If you look closely, you could see the T1R half shaft spacers.

Since my exhaust came in, I can finally install my APR Carbign Craft exhaust guards and Downforce Rear Diffuser.  I don't have a pic of the side pieces, but there is a pic of the center section.

I'm currently still installing these pieces on the car, so I'll have updated pics as soon as I get it on.

Center section..

Exhaust guards..

That's all for now.  I should hopefully be finishing up the diffuser installation tomorrow, so I'll get some pics of that as soon as I can.

Oh, here's a video someone shot during a car show.  You could see my car in it before the exhaust and rear diffuser had been installed.

And a pic of my wheel that someone took during the car show as well.

- Mark
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 07:59:54 AM »

Very nice setup Mark.

Any future plans for the engine?

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 08:20:34 AM »

Nice pics.  I knew about all this shit though.  I hope he does the engine upgrade ideas he's been kicking around when the time is right.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 08:37:48 AM »

Coming along beautifully, and your parts selection is top notch!
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 11:57:58 AM »

Thanks guys!

Arie, I have some plans but what I want requires quite a bit of change, so I'll have to see if I can save up for it.

- Mark
dizzle

Reputation Power: 6
dizzle pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:54:19 PM »

i love the wheels, never seen anything like it.

Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 11:46:26 PM »

Looks great! Coming along quite nicely I must say. The drop and the wheels look great!

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 10:52:35 AM »

Thanks guys! Smiley

- Mark
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 10:59:48 AM »

Looks great....that's a lot of money being thrown at her, again looks great
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 11:54:17 PM »

Here's a few more pics.. Don't mind the blue painter's tape..

I'm hoping to get a photoshoot soon..

- Mark
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 12:28:03 AM »

Blue painters tape adds 50 more hp per tape.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 07:30:53 AM »

SICKKKKK. i like the color on it. not sure about exhaust guards but im sure it loooks better in person. MORE PICSSSSS please

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
SICKKKKK. i like the color on it. not sure about exhaust guards but im sure it loooks better in person. MORE PICSSSSS please
Thanks..

I'm working on getting more pics..  I want to have a photoshoot done, so I'm trying to schedule that.

- Mark
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 10:47:53 PM »

whats T1R half shaft spacers for? what does it do

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 10:42:04 AM »

I GET RAD!!
hahaha - love it

i like the CF accents.  got any full shots of the car in it's end state?  looks great

J u s t i n
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012