Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:02:30 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Camera under $300  (Read 7190 times)
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2009, 04:35:41 PM »

Hey guys... been part of Gen7 for a while and decided to hop over and be part of a more "forum" based forum...

My old olympus fe-230 just broke... wasnt much of a camera... and i want to upgrade to get the quality of the photos that i see in the photography sections...

Here is what I am looking at:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/O ... us7000.asp
Olympus Stylus 7000 - $280ish

or

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonictz5/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 - $280ish

I see that the Panasonic obviously has the better lens and capabilitys, but can I find an even better camera for under $300?
I like the HD video and 16:9 widescreen functions on the panasonic, but then i also like the panoramic option that the olympus has, plus i already have back up battery, charger, wires, memory card for the olympus...

any imput is more than appreciated.

I dont want to get into  buying upgraded lenses, and i am not going into the photography business anytime soon
just want a badass camera that doesnt need alot of tweeking to take a great picture

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product ... =PNDMCTZ5S

for $274 free shipping i can get the panasonic with a 2gb memory card, lens cleaning kit, and camera case....
looking like a nice deal for that camera... might have to do it
interested to see what you guys have to say about my options

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 06:56:36 PM »

Get a used DSLR and a kit lens.  There's just no substitution for the DSLR's large sensor.  

Check out the buy and sell forum on fredmiranda.com and search for a Canon 20D.  I've used that camera since the day it came out and it has not let me down.  You can pick one up without lens for about $250.  

Here's proof that a 4-year-old DSLR can put any brand new P&S to shame:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=408

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 07:50:08 PM »

damn they are nice as hell.... thats the quality i would like... but i just cant spend that much on a camera....

how close would i be to those with that panasonic ? haha or dont i wanna know

i'll check out that site

whats the megapixel and zoom on those pics?

Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 01:04:01 AM »

Not sure what the operations of the Panasonic are but most likely you would be able to achieve the same results if it has manual exposure setting and if you're skilled enough in Photoshop.  As for the price, like I mentioned, you will end up spending about the same.

Megapixels are just a marketing tool but if you must know it's an 8.2MP camera.   Most people that I know will never need a camera over 3.2MP but camera companies don't want you to know that.  More MP=better in the consumer's eyes.  The zoom depends on what lens you have attached as DSLR allow you to use different lenses.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 01:36:29 AM »

Milan: That made me laugh because when my sister got a new camera that's exactly what I told her (12mp PS camera!). Me and her had a bet, we take pictures of the same thing and see who's came out better. My 5.1mp Cybershot vs. her 12mp Samsung something... I beat her while mine was set at 3.2 (shot of my cigarette box/lighter lol; first thing i found)

Back to studying now... damn MicroEconomics midterm tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it doesn't kick my ass.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 01:41:33 AM »

PS: She returned the camera the next day and got a Pink Cybershot haha.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 01:44:30 AM »

LOL!

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 09:31:03 AM »

I need to find a decent SLR cheap! Any suggestions?
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I need to find a decent SLR cheap! Any suggestions?

Canon 20D!

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 11:07:20 AM »

Okay I will look into that, and what should I do for lenses just starting out.
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 12:29:25 PM »

The new Image Stabilized kit lenses are pretty awesome.  They are a little pricier than the old throw-away kit lens but faaar sharper.  Check out http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/10 for the buy and sell thread.  I haven't been on that site for a long time but it's a nice community and you can get some awesome deals.

This is the lens you want:
http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/can ... p6_is_c16/

About $150 new or cheaper if you can find it used on the forum.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 03:20:32 PM »

Y'all better listen to Milan.  He definitely knows his shit.  I, on the other hand, know nothing when it comes to photography.  I haven't had enough time to invest in learning yet.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 10:52:40 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Y'all better listen to Milan.  He definitely knows his shit.  I, on the other hand, know nothing when it comes to photography.  I haven't had enough time to invest in learning yet.

Haha, thanks Tim!  I used to spend as much time on the photography forums as I spend on the Accord forums so I guess you can say that I know my shit lol.

And I'm stealing that quote lol!!

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 01:05:58 PM »

Too funny.  We're both quoting each other.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012