Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:48:43 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird noise coming from driver side suspension....  (Read 2707 times)
K24power07

Reputation Power: 3
K24power07 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »

long story short, i was on my way to work and made a right turn , i heard a snap, parked the car and looked under and so nothing. On my way home from work i was hearing this thumping noise, and decided to go to the dealer and see wat they can figure out. They said it was the aftermarket springs, after 2 years now they decide to make noise, so i went home and adjusted the springs and teh noise was still there to much to do so i  left the car alone for a couple of days. My brother comes over and i was moving the car off the drive way and he notice the wheel wobbling, and this loud grinding noise, we towed the car to the dealer and showed the service manager the tire , i asked him did they notice this when they supposely inspected the car, well he had no answer. Got a call after dropping the car off and they said the rotors where put wrong, now i have crossed drilled slotted rotors, does it matter the way they are put on ur car, does the grooves go with or against the rotation

<<<<<front..............................       ...................rear>>>>>>>>>>

now they were wrong about the springs, can they be wrong about the rotors. they tightend the rotor and the wheel is not wobbling, but they are telling me the rotors are on the wrong side, please clear things up for me, for i can get my car running smooth again...Thanks

\_(Azn)_/
  United we Stand, Divided we Fall !!!!
       http]
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 03:13:28 PM »

Moved to proper forum.

Back OT, I haven't the slightest idea what the problem could be without seeing it myself. It does lead me to believe a ball joint is FUBAR but I'm not sure.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 04:02:47 PM »

Only info I can add is that rotors that are slotted/cross-drilled are always directional. The slots are meant to dissipate heat away from the center. That's the main purpose of having slots and cross drills. Even with them on backwards that shouldnt make the tire wobble. Sounds like two seperate issues.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 04:04:46 PM by slipkord » Logged
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »

It doesnt matter which way the slots are going. No clue how you can put a rotor on wrong besides backwards which I would definitely hope to not be the case!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
K24power07

K24power07 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 04:13:26 PM »

Quote from: "Abailey4"
It doesnt matter which way the slots are going. No clue how you can put a rotor on wrong besides backwards which I would definitely hope to not be the case!

no thas not the case lol .. im picking the car up in an hour to see if wat they said was the problem, but i know its not the rotor its been on there for 6mths , wouldnt the problem accur a lot earlier

\_(Azn)_/
       http]
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 05:58:02 PM »

hey which garage do you take yur car to ? (im in highland park)

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

K24power07

K24power07 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 06:14:29 PM »

( (NWINNIE34) i take my car to Vip honda since its still under warranty, untill next year when its up, )

But to finish off wat went on the bolt that holds the rotor snapped and thats wat was causing the noise and wheel to wabble supposely, but the car is running smooth again, but with the way it was it scrapped the crap out of the rotor so i need to change brake pads and rotor on the front driver side, but the car is put away now for the winter so theres a lot of projects to be done come march, thanks for everyones input....

\_(Azn)_/
       http]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012