Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:41:42 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K24a4 injector flow rate?  (Read 17676 times)
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2010, 02:34:34 AM »

does anyone know the flow rate of the stock fuel injectors of the K24a4?

i wanna know how much extra power i can add/make using the stock injectors.

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 08:52:04 AM »

They are 270cc injectors.  You will be fine with basic bolt ons using the 270cc injectors.  Even with the "stage 1" SC kits that Comptech sells for the RSX/TSX, you can continue using the 310cc injectors that come with them.  What exactly were you planning on doing?  What engine management are you running?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 08:19:38 PM »

i have just ordered the AEM short ram intake, dc ceramic headers, and skunk2 stage1 cams, and i'll be running e-manage ultimate.

any chance i'll be maxxing out the injector duty cycle with these mods??

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 09:24:04 PM »

You may come close, but why e-manage ultimate?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »

because of the unavailability of a TSX ECU for Hondata. parts are hard to come by around here. in fact im having the parts shipped in from CA. difficult to buy from non-store entities....  Sad

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 10:21:31 PM »

You can't kpro a TSX ECU.  You will need to get either a PRB (RSX Type S), PND (Base RSX), PRC (Integra Type R), PNF (Civic Si), PRD (JDM Civic Type R), or PRA (EDM Civic Type R).  You are better off contacting Hondata and getting a kpro ECU from them directly.

You probably want to do some research first before you start wasting money on parts you can't use.

Tim
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 10:37:29 PM »

you got it right on that one.

wonder why hondata won't make it easier for all of us right from the start...  :Smiley

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 10:42:51 PM »

There is not a lot of interest in modifying Accords when you compare it to Civics, Integras and RSXs.  There is really no benefit for them to develop a product for it.  There are also a lot of hurdles with the Accord ECU since it cannot be modified.  The only option is a dual ECU.  They just didn't seem to get it right for some reason, and there were reliability issues with that set up.  That's why they stopped making the dual ECU harness for the TSX.  Fortunately, k-tuned picked up the slack and made a dual ECU harness for the TSX.

Tim
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 10:46:25 PM »

are Deatschwerks 450cc injectors a good upgrade from stock?

wanting to be prepared if i need to replace the stock ones.

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 10:50:10 PM »

Acura RDX injectors are 410cc.  They are a better upgrade over stock.  They have OEM reliability and have a better spray pattern than aftermarket.  They are also less expensive.

Tim
fatbastard

fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 11:01:49 PM »

yeah you're spot on!

found a set for $195 + shipping. thanks!

www.hybrid-racing.com

-- Charles --

2011 Subaru STi sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 09:20:13 AM »

That's why we're here.  I may not know everything, but I know a little bit about what you're trying to do.  That's why we have a community like this though.  Among all the members here, there's a good amount of information in here to help other people.

Tim
tennis
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
tennis pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »

hey tell me how the skunk2 stage 1 cams fit
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 11:16:43 PM »

What does that have to do with OEM injector flow rates?  The Skunk2 camshafts should fit just fine.  What kind of question is that anyway?

Tim
tennis
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
tennis pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 11:40:01 PM »

cause i had some issue's when i did it and i think it might have been the installer... just wanted to see how his turned out
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012