Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:36:45 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VTEC not kicking in Yo!  (Read 17657 times)
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 11:09:40 PM »

Ironic aint....the code P1298 is close enough to the cost to fix. You could be right though, maybe a sensor is the real culprit but we'll never really know unless the same thing happens again after they put in the new ECU within a year or so.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »

Ironic aint....the code P1298 is close enough to the cost to fix. You could be right though, maybe a sensor is the real culprit but we'll never really know unless the same thing happens again after they put in the new ECU within a year or so.

Well that made me feel better about spending the money! Anyways Steve your right and if it fails again Honda fails and they will have to fix whatever under warranty...

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »

Now the stealership is calling me to tell me that the new ECU is working fine but now I have a whine in my tranny and if I dnt fix get it fixed it will mess up the new ECU they put in... WTF!!!

So im on my way to pick my car up cuz I dnt want them touching it anymore. I will be contacting the dealership I bought the car from originally because I feel they ned to pay or fix something. How 2 big issues gonna occur at the same freaking time is bullshit! im at my point right now... I even left work early so I dnt wait till my day off on thursday to get it.

Stay tuned for more details... might take it to my tranny guy and see what he tells me, he's real good especially with my last ride and his prices are great! Hopefully I can have a happy ending to this ridiculous story...  

So $3300  for tranny and labor, fuck that took my car home! Burnt gears all the way. Thank god im only 5 minutes away to my house!

Contacted the dealer where I bought it from originally, I have to call back tomorrow and speak to the manager and see what they will do!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 07:41:34 PM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

InFuMoUs

InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 11:32:45 AM »

Dammmm son...things just went from bad to worst man. What kind of whine is it? When dont it make that sound, at idle or when car is moving?

EliteCM Profile

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 11:50:16 AM »

That sucks Billy!

I feel your pain though. I had my rack and pinion and motor mount replaced - I had to bring it in 3 different times FML...GL bro
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 01:13:13 PM »

damm that sucks man

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 08:42:53 PM »

Yea man, contacted my dealer in Long Island and they will fix it for $1500. They said all my engine codes would lead you to the transmission having problems from the get go. So they dnt understand why they would replace the ECU first. They should of replaced the tranny and see if ECU was still good. My dealer feels they took me for a ride that if they replace the cheaper part they would eventually get me for the more expensive part. They also told me to contact Honda America and let them know of the issues im having and the issue of the price difference between both dealers and see if they will get them to do the work for the $1500 so I dnt have to lay out another $300 to have it towed to LI. Its an hour away 40+ miles away... im still hoping for a happy ending for real. I will call Honda America in the morning...

As always thanks for the concerns and advice guys... updates as I get em' of course!

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »

How far is the tow? Do yo have AAA?
InFuMoUs

InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2010, 01:26:49 AM »

Looks like that's what they did Billy....made you pay for a new ECU then tell you oh its not that, it's the tranny. We all thought it was weird though how all those codes lead nothing to make you think it was the ECU but I dunno. I hope you get them to foot the bill on the the tranny cuz if they had told you it was that in the first place you would've paid it and been on ya merry way but instead tried to make you pay for both a new ECU and the transmission. Hope everything works out for ya man.

EliteCM Profile

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »

Well I have a case open with American Honda Corp., they want me to tow my ride out to LI, lay the money out for the tow and they will reinburse me. They are also willing to see what they can do as far as my tranny issue. Since im going to the original dealer and their price is $1500 im kind of hoping they will cover some or even all of the cost. Im still waiting for the Honda Rep. assigned to my case to call me within 48 hours of the call I made this morning... so far things are looking up!

I will say this, if your in NY, DO NOT ever go to Plaza Honda Mall in Brooklyn NY, located on Nostrand Ave. between Ave. M & Ave. N. They are a complete rip off and will do you dirty! All I gotta say to them is...  Flippa!

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2010, 10:31:54 PM »

I'd make sure to report them to the Attorney General's office and Better Business Bureau.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 11:29:12 PM »

Once this all gets worked out and my ride is up and working again you bet your ass off I will be contacting the better business bureau...

CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »

Okay so basically I have to take it up with Plaza Auto Mall on my disatisfaction on their diagnosis with my ride and the amount paid! American Honda will NOT pay for my tow and will only pay 25% of the total coast to get my tranny fixed at Huntington Honda of Long Island. I prefer them cuz thats where I bought the car from and they are fixing it for $1500-$1800.

So since I have full coverage on my insurance I was thinking of contacting them and tell them my car broke down and need it towed to my dealer and see if they will cover the tow, reinburse me I guess! They coverd my front windshield replacement so why not ask right... Car wiull be @ shop on Tuesday my next available day off. Hopefully everything will be fixed and I will be up and running the following week!

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2010, 10:52:26 PM »

I'd go back into the first dealership and take a shit on the floor in the lobby.  Then take a piss in all the cars in the showroom.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2010, 08:25:47 AM »

I'd go back into the first dealership and take a shit on the floor in the lobby.  Then take a piss in all the cars in the showroom.

lamp Your an ass Tim but I love it lolzzz.... nah but they are gonna get whats coming to them!

...btw your sig is awesome dude!

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012