Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:34:32 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] timot_one  (Read 195967 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2011, 07:40:18 AM »

If I didn't have a j, I would say I want one of those.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2011, 08:12:14 AM »

Nice list of parts!! Since your going with a port and polish, are you going to get the supertech valves oversized at all? Like 1mm or anything? And what boost levels will you be running?

This thing is gonna be strong as a tank Cheesy
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2011, 09:44:58 AM »

if i were you, i would definitely upgrade the timing chain since you are going to be putting down so much power.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2011, 10:45:36 AM »

I hear ya David.  That's why the Toda timing chain is on the maybe list.  I think that the timing chain and oil pump chain are going to be moved over to the final parts list.  It's a tough pill to swallow to spend over $400 on 2 chains.  The good thing is that I already have the Hybrid Racing tensioner. 

Austin, there's no plan to go with oversized valves at the moment.  I'm going to talk to the guy that's going to be doing the porting and polishing to see what he suggests.  I wasn't planning on having a valve job done, but it may be an option.  The good thing is that I haven't bought the valves, so if I want oversized, it won't cost me anything extra.  I can't be sure about the boost levels I'll be running, because I don't know of anyone that's running the SC I'm going to upgrade to on a K24.  I do know that on a stock K20 with a 3" pulley, the MPx90 can make about 19-20 psi.  On a K24 with a ported head will probably be a bit lower around 15-16 psi.  Anyway, it's not about the level of boost, it's all about air flow.  I'm hoping to make around 400-450 whp and about 300-350 tq.  I'm not totally sure that is going to be possible though.  We will see after it's built and tuned though. 

All the little stuff adds up though.  I'm planning on replacing a lot of hardware too, which is going to be costly.  I also need to set some money aside for the Hybrid Racing 74mm throttle body.  I spoke to Competition Clutch yesterday and it seems that I'm going to be at the limits of my Stage 4 clutch.  That's why I'm planning on getting their Hyper Single.  I just want to see if I can convert over to the Tilton hydraulic release bearing.  If not, I'll be getting just the Tilton master cylinder and a new OEM slave cylinder.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »

Huh? Wow, thats going to be amazing once you finish it.

- Bobby
ADI

ADI pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2011, 12:11:01 PM »

Wow very impressive list you there Tim, I am excited to see the numbers make   Smiley

i just looked at the Magnum Powers MPx90 Supercharger, very impressive stuff....  and its made to fit already.

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2011, 04:54:49 PM »

Sounds expensive but very impressive cant wait to see that beast on a dyno

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2011, 10:40:50 PM »

My main concern with the Magnum Powers kit is pretty nice because it's a bolt on replacement for the JR and CT-E manifolds.  My concern is how it mounts to the manifold.  If I can reuse the mounting plate that I have for my MP62, I don't have to get an aftercooler fabricated.  If I can't then I'm going to have a new aftercooler fabricated.  Even though the MPx90 is more efficient and runs cooler at the same boost levels, I want to do everything possible to cool down the intake temps.  When winding up the MP62, my intake temps hit 250º at redline and it takes quite a bit of time for them to drop.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 03, 2011, 12:22:42 AM »

E85 burns cooler if you have it in your area. Could help a little.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: December 03, 2011, 08:03:11 PM »

As a matter of fact, E85 is huge out here.  Corn growin' is a big thing out here.  I'm just not sure if I want to run E85.  I may have them do 2 tunes.  One for pump gas and one for E85.  I'd like to be able to drive my car around and not be tied to the area I live in because of the gas I use.

Tim
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 04, 2011, 09:10:22 AM »

Your main fule lines are NOT rated for E85 and will eventually develop holes......

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: December 04, 2011, 10:08:31 AM »

That answers that question.  No E85 unless I upgrade the rest of my fuel lines.  Thanks for the info Paul.

Tim
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 04, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »

I thought you had upgraded fuel lines already? Do our accords have a stock return fuel setup? If not do you plan on adding one? It would be much easier on your injectors as their duty cycle could be lower.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: December 05, 2011, 12:47:24 AM »

No, our Accords do not have a stock return line.  I have a fuel pressure regulator with a return line.  The stock fuel line was re-used in this set up also.  There's really no need to get rid of the stock fuel line.  It's just more work and more expensive.  I'd only replace the stock fuel line if it was damaged.

Tim
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: January 03, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »

Drove to Indiana to ERL Performance today to drop my block off.  I decided to go with their I2 Turbo Race package with 11.1:1 CP pistons instead of the 9.0:1 CP pistons.  I was planning on going with Wiseco 10.5:1 pistons, but Seth at ERL said that CP would be slightly better and the difference in compression ratio would still be safe for pump gas.  In about 12 weeks I'll be very happy and sad.  Happy that I'll be getting a freshly built short block from ERL Performance.  Sad that I'll be emptying my bank account.

I also got a set of Ferea valve guides.  Time to do a light port on the head to clean up the cast slag and then have the valve guides replaced and a 3 angle valve job done by a machine shop.  Then I can start gathering valvetrain parts and start assembling the head.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012