Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:15:53 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] timot_one  (Read 195904 times)
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 21, 2012, 11:13:22 PM »

Impressive work

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 21, 2012, 11:13:27 PM »

The wheels look really good Tim.  I had no idea you were planning them to be that dark.  I was thinking they would be lighter in shade.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 21, 2012, 11:54:04 PM »

Goddamn, those wheels turned out amazing!

- Bobby
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: October 22, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »

Thanks Clemente and Bobby.  Nelson, a lot of people had trouble picturing what I was talking about.  My goal was for them to look like they're black unless it's sunny out.

I still have a lot more work to do.  As soon as I get some parts in this week, I should have it back down on the wheels.  Then I can move it out into the middle of the garage and get everything wired up.  I'm going to run a 10 gauge wire directly from the battery to the trunk to power the fuel pump.  I want to keep that wire separate from the 1/0 gauge wire I have for my audio system.  I'm also going to be running all the wiring for my aftermarket gauges and additional wiring for the aftercooler water pump and fans through the firewall where the engine harness passes through.  My goal is to make it hide the additional wiring in the harness so it looks stock.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 22, 2012, 01:42:45 AM »

Tim, those wheels look really tough, hands down one of the best jobs I've seen on wheels. The car/engine is coming along great and I'm jelly of those headlights. Hopefully, I can snag a pair early next year.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: October 22, 2012, 06:41:57 AM »

So much work! What were your plans for the lights? I really like the darkness of the wheels and the subtle color that will pop out under the right circumstances. Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 22, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »

Tim, I'm so proud of you. My little boy has grown up! 

Now that I got that out of the way, I'm going to use the smilies at our disposal to paint the picture of how I feel about the latest batch of pictures.
That color on those wheels, 
The pile of parts on the shelf waiting to go back in,  Why are they not in yet?!
The Inspires,  but I think I have an idea of what you're going to do. I can't remember if we talked about a certain something awhile back but I'm going to 
As for those fans for your cooler, too bad they're going to be hidden. Anyway your progress has me think like this guy:

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 22, 2012, 08:16:24 AM »

Man what happened to painting the wheels purple?!?!    I like the color you picked a lot but I was looking forward to the purple. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: October 22, 2012, 09:18:14 AM »

Tim, those wheels look really tough, hands down one of the best jobs I've seen on wheels. The car/engine is coming along great and I'm jelly of those headlights. Hopefully, I can snag a pair early next year.

Thanks Ariel.

Z, I'm older than you.  I'm sure we've discussed what I want to do with the headlights.  Pile of parts aren't in yet because I have to wait for more parts to arrive.  Gotta put shit back together in order ya know. 

So much work! What were your plans for the lights? I really like the darkness of the wheels and the subtle color that will pop out under the right circumstances. Smiley

The plans for the lights is to do something controversial for the purists.  If it's not possible, I'm going to leave them alone and probably just hold on to them.  I like the color on the wheels too.  They came out the way I wanted them and I'm really happy with the color.

Man what happened to painting the wheels purple?!?!    I like the color you picked a lot but I was looking forward to the purple. 

That is the color I picked.  It's not really possible to capture the color with a camera.  You really have to see these wheels in person.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 22, 2012, 09:33:27 AM »

I know you're older than me and I'll never let you forget that you are the grumpy old man of ECM. Now that I think about, we have discussed your plans for those lights. Screw the purists. Definitely do what we talked about. It'll look baller to go with the ballerness™ of your build.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: October 22, 2012, 09:34:31 AM »

Lol @ tm
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: October 22, 2012, 09:42:51 AM »

Not a baller build.  If it was, I'd be driving it now.  Ballers don't take a year to build their cars.

Tim
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 22, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »

Love the wheel color, Tim.  Definitely unexpected.  They are truly... AMAZING.  It'll be pretty dope to seem them mounted.  The truly great builds take time.  Much respect for all the quality parts and the countless hours of hand wrenching, researching and sleeplessness involved. Smiley

Quad retro Inspires?!?!?  Afro

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 22, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »

That is the color I picked.  It's not really possible to capture the color with a camera.  You really have to see these wheels in person.

Ahhh gotcha, it looks like a candy red in that last pic you posted. 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: October 22, 2012, 06:48:23 PM »

Thanks Michael. A quad retro for Inspire headlights isn't possible. If these were retrofitted, I would want to retain the integrity of the Inspire low beams because that's what makes them unique.

Ike, it's an interesting combination for the paint. It started with a black base coat, then a dark blue metallic, and a candy apple red on top of that. They look really dark most of the time. In the sun, they lighten up a lot an the blue metallic has a hologram effect. You'll never really be able to appreciate the paint unless you see it in person.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012