Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:58:57 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] timot_one  (Read 195918 times)
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 10, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »

Hell yeah dude! That bitch will run like a raped ape once its all said and done.
wouldnt a raped ape be slow?  think about it z, if you had just been raped you would want to be fast on the getaway but would you really be faster if you had just been raped?

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:42 AM »

These must be the things that keep you up at night, huh David?

I was just joking about the cookie cutter part.  Even when comparing it to cars on k20, it's not cookie cutter.  I'm just trying to down play it a little bit since it won't be that fast.  Anyway, I want to blend in with the rest of the cars you see over on v6p.  I want people to assume all I've done are mild aesthetic modifications.

Anyway, good news.  I got an email back from Moroso.  They said they were willing to modify the pan for me to fit the chassis.  No money was mentioned, so I'll wait to see if this is going to cost me anything.  The other thing I also told them was that the engine stiffener/flywheel cover that bolts between the tranny and the block doesn't fit because of the pan.  Hopefully they will also be willing to make a change to the pan to accommodate that too.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 10, 2012, 12:05:20 PM »

just adding a lil humor, thats all.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 10, 2012, 01:09:09 PM »

A raped ape is angry and angry apes are fast and dangerous. Just sayin'.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: September 10, 2012, 03:01:01 PM »

Seriously guys?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
phunctional

Reputation Power: 0
phunctional pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 10, 2012, 03:01:41 PM »

Get some VIP wheels lol

CM82
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 10, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »

My bad Tim.

Anyway, since you bolted up the OEM pan, are you going to drop it in with that or wait on Moroso to modify their pan? I know you're itching to finally get this back on the road but I can understand wanting them to rectify the situation.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
phunctional

phunctional pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 10, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »

Or if you're not into VIP style try looking at COR wheels. They have some decent choices that are out of the box. But whatever you do, don't get meshies lol. Everyone and their grandmas dog has mesh wheels.

CM82
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 10, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »

And you're paying a hefty premium for those COR wheels. I'm interested to see what Tim had up his sleeve a few months ago that he didn't fully reveal. Hence my eggplant reference that he didn't respond to yet.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: September 10, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »

Get some VIP wheels lol

Yeah.....

.....no!
I already have wheels. 3 sets actually. My comment about the wheels was me poking fun at how a lot of Accord owners sign up on here, g7a and v6p and immediately post a "what wheels/drop should I get?" thread, along with looking to do a 7.5 gen front end conversion so they can run Inspire fogs. It was in response to the "cookie cutter" comment. Those are cookie cutter mods. Get it?

The only set of wheels that I want that I currently do not own are a set of Volk CE28N's 18x9.5 in gloss black.

Anyway, since you bolted up the OEM pan, are you going to drop it in with that or wait on Moroso to modify their pan? I know you're itching to finally get this back on the road but I can understand wanting them to rectify the situation.

I'm going to bolt the Moroso pan to an empty block and tranny case I have, then drop that in the car for pictures and to mark it. If that's not good enough, I will probably pull the sub frame and try it all over again.

At the moment, the stock steel pan is going to stay on my motor. Swapping pans while the motor is in the car isn't horrible, so if the Moroso pan isn't ready in time, I will still be able to fire it up and get tuned.

Anyway, the Moroso pan has an extra 2-3 quart capacity. Using the stock pan will save me money on expensive break in oil that I plan on using at first.

Tim
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: September 10, 2012, 08:23:07 PM »

".......... along with looking to do a 7.5 gen front end conversion so they can run Inspire fogs."

Sad dam, looks like I successfully and blindly fell into that hole.  Sorry guys...
phunctional

phunctional pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 10, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »

Ah gotcha. I don't think inside the box so I wouldn't know anything about that. Honestly I think volks are meh. But to each his own. Maybe it's just my taste that is bad when In my mind everyone else's taste is bad lol.

CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: September 10, 2012, 10:43:27 PM »

Sad dam, looks like I successfully and blindly fell into that hole.  Sorry guys...

It's your car, so you're free to do what you want with it.  The reason why I brought it up is because it's a common mod.  I'd say that the majority of 03-05 owners have done the 06-07 front bumper swap.  It's so common that when someone looked at pictures of my car over on k20a, they assumed I had done the bumper swap because my front bumper looked different.

Ah gotcha. I don't think inside the box so I wouldn't know anything about that. Honestly I think volks are meh. But to each his own. Maybe it's just my taste that is bad when In my mind everyone else's taste is bad lol.

Yeah.  I looked at the COR wheels.  It doesn't look like they have anything smaller than a 19" and all of the wheels were way too flashy for my taste.  My car is not a VIP ride, so those will not fit the style of what I'm doing.  You can have your opinion about the Volks, but I like a clean and classic look.  You're entitled to have your own opinion and style that you like.  It doesn't have to be the same as mine.  My goal is to have my car appear to be stock and to have an non-knowledgable (to CM5 Accords) person look at my car and only think that I put on aftermarket wheels and dropped it.  Actually, everything on the exterior of my car, except for the wheels, is OEM Honda.  Even the exhaust tips.  I'm really shooting for the whole sleeper thing.

Tim
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: September 10, 2012, 10:50:02 PM »

I just learned what a sleeper is the other day *audience gasp*  lol...I hear you on to each his own....I just don't want to be a statistic.
phunctional

phunctional pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 10, 2012, 11:01:55 PM »

Gotcha. I guess if everyone thought the same way and had the same opinions it would be so boring. But I respect the sleeper look. And all the engine work you've done and way back when your mdx fog mod was one of the things that pushed me more towards custom one off mods. But also I wasn't really repping the whole cor brand, I only actually like one or two wheels from each brand. I was thinking about the forma for your ride. But then again i lean more towards the lip-less look more than not. anyways /end rant.

CM82
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012