Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:38:36 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] timot_one  (Read 195948 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: March 16, 2012, 07:15:23 AM »

What do you use for rust protection?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 16, 2012, 07:48:29 AM »

How the hell do you pronounce your last name?!   Cheesy
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 16, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »

^LoL!

@Nelson there are a bunch of things he could use. Regular oil, fluid film, wd40, assembly lube etc...my friend who repairs motorcycles tells me a lot of the engines they get from the factory actually come with peanut oil inside them for corrosion protection, of course that's flushed out and changed during assembly/installation but you get the picture.
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 16, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »

wow wow wee wow! Those are some sweet pics Tim. I cannot wait to see this build come together!

Steve - NECM #4

Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 16, 2012, 09:35:37 PM »

Good shit Tim, now go enjoy your vaca then get to work lol. Looking forward to seeing that thing running again.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2012, 01:04:42 AM »

Thanks for all the comments guys.  I'm in Chattanooga, TN right now.  Hung out with country tonight.  As soon as I get back, I'll be sure to get started on this and will keep this thread updated.

What do you use for rust protection?

ERL used WD-40 before they bagged it.  Since it's staying in the bag for now, I do not need to do anything.  I have already confirmed that with ERL.  After I am done claying the motor and waiting for the correct head gasket to arrive, I will spray it with WD-40 again and re-bag it.

How the hell do you pronounce your last name?!   Cheesy

It's pronounced "Michael is in..."

Giggity!!

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2012, 08:13:14 AM »

Giggity indeed.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2012, 09:38:12 PM »

Had to pull the knuckles to press in new wheel bearings.  My driver's side lower control arm has a bolt stuck in the bushing, so I pulled the sub frame out to cut the bolt.  I figure it's a good idea to replace all my lower control arm bushings, sub frame bushings, and knock off all the rust with a wire wheel and give everything a fresh coat of paint.  I have a lot of work ahead of me soon.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2012, 10:25:24 PM »

Wow I've been dead to the world. Pictures look fucking great! I'm going to PM you.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: May 29, 2012, 09:38:12 AM »

I finally had the time to clay the motor yesterday.  Here's a few pictures I took during the process.  I didn't get any pics of the clay after I pulled the head back off.  The good news is that I have more than enough valve to piston clearance and piston to head clearance.  It measured out to 0.150" on the intake valves, 0.300" on the exhaust valves, and 0.100" piston to head clearance.  That's at least double the minimum clearance, so I know everything is safe to run and I can advance my intake cam to 50º without any problems.

On with the pics.

I put the clay in the valve pockets and on the edges of the piston.

The head is on and torqued down.  I reused the stock head gasket for this as a reference in case I needed to get a thicker head gasket.  I only used the inner springs from my AP1/DC5 spring combo.  I did this to keep the spring pressure down when turning the motor over.

I put in the rocker assembly, locked together the rockers on cylinder 1 so that VTEC was engaged.  Then I dropped in the cams, pinned the VTC gear at 50º, torqued down the cam caps, and put the chain and upper chain guide on.

Finally, I put on the Circuit Hero lower timing chain guide and OEM chain guides, then just used a zip tie to keep tension on the chain since it wasn't necessary to use the timing chain tensioner.  Then I turned the motor over 2.5 times and took everything apart to measure the clay.

Tim
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: May 29, 2012, 10:13:42 AM »

I installed the valves, valve springs, and other supporting parts yesterday too.  I'm using all Ferrea components for my valvetrain with 105 lb springs.

Ferrea valve guides and Team 4 Piston shims.

Ferrea spring seats.

Ferrea valve stem seals.

Intake valves done.  Yes, I'm actually that OCD.

Exhaust valves done.

Valves.

Tim
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 29, 2012, 08:41:25 PM »

Impressive Tim!

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 29, 2012, 09:07:12 PM »

Pic whore!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: May 29, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »

I'm allowed to. Please refer to my avatar  message.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 29, 2012, 10:09:42 PM »

Farts dust?  Grin

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012