Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:46:27 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with finding rubber trim/strip  (Read 2740 times)
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2009, 01:13:19 AM »

I'm going to be installing the 03 rear lip to my 06 bumper. I have to shave off some of the rubber from lip mounting surface. (the double sided tape is attached to this) But i would just like to take it off and replace it with a rubber strip but I don't know where to look for it.

Specifically I'm looking for something along the line of a solid rubber strip approx. 1/4 inch thick and 1/2 inch wide. I looked on ebay but no luck.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:59:02 AM »

Moved to proper forum.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 12:40:08 PM »

Hmmmm.  I'm trying to think of where to get the stuff you're looking for.  You could use the door trim that Honda uses on the doors.  I have a new set of those in the box if you want.  They're silver too!!

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 04:22:51 PM »

Hmmm, I dont think those would work tim. It'd be a waste of some good door trim. I need some generic extruded rubber. It wont be seen so color wont matter.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »

Here we go man.  Hopefully this will work for what you need.  I remember when I got my grille, it came with this stuff.  It looks like they sell it by the foot.

http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFrontPr ... i=42770476

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:58:44 PM »

Cool, I've actually been looking for something like this forever! But for my other side project tho.

What I need for this project would look more like what goes into the trim in that pic. The one that says 1/16'' and has the arrows pointing at it. Any idea what that maybe called?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 08:15:56 AM »

Hmmm.  You lost me there Ryan.  I'm not sure where to find that.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012