Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:48:18 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Faith's Brian Crower Build (UPDATE!!!!)  (Read 32440 times)
Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 12:32:48 AM »

Well the car runs fine if you drive it normal and not floor it. i cant floor it for now cause i have no tune.

Brian Crower cams does need a tune because it reall runs kinda horrible going up hill from a dead stop. The car will feel like it is pulling a Truck load of bricks till it hits about 2500 then the power kicks in. I know there is something there because i can feel the car accelerate more when Vtec Kicks in. I have to let off a bit after cause my UEGO reads 13 then 12.2 and then kinda keeps dropping a bit. Wont be doing that no more.

Vtec is alot louder now. you can hear it through the intake. Intake sounds alot throaty now.

I cant wait for the tune so she could feel alot better in stop and go traffic. I did drive it on the highway and she was alright alllll the way to Tallahassee from Orlando.

No check engine light and idles fine.

I am happy with the outcome and will be even more happy when i get tuned this saturday  

Skippy also took pics of the install so look out for that

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 04:06:30 AM »

very nice on the update man. I believe the smaller lobe are like oem spec, but the Larger one has a longer duration then stock. hopefully you get it all resolved with a tune.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »

Skippy told me about the results of your install when I talked to him the other day.  Glad to hear it idles well.  I would recommend that you look for the guy that started Panducky Motorsports.  I know that shop closed, but the guy there is really good and local to you.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Knocturnal84

Knocturnal84 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 09:06:51 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Skippy told me about the results of your install when I talked to him the other day.  Glad to hear it idles well.  I would recommend that you look for the guy that started Panducky Motorsports.  I know that shop closed, but the guy there is really good and local to you.

Thank you man.. Now i cant wait to see the numbers for this. I will ask around for this guy

I wonder why he doesnt like CFT?

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 10:22:06 PM »

Here's what I have heard about CFT.  They build insane cars and their shop cars are ridiculous.  Their customer cars are not.  They treat their customers like shit and don't bother to put half the effort and care into people's cars that are paying them money.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
msedacca

Reputation Power: 0
msedacca pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 05:33:11 PM »

Here's what I have heard about CFT.  They build insane cars and their shop cars are ridiculous.  Their customer cars are not.  They treat their customers like shit and don't bother to put half the effort and care into people's cars that are paying them money.

That is so dead on true its not even funny. But I think unfortunately that's the case with most shops, they'll hook up the guys who work their, the shop cars, and their "boys", but will do a half ass job on everyone else. I've witnessed this first hand

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »

Quote from: "msedacca"

That is so dead on true its not even funny. But I think unfortunately that's the case with most shops, they'll hook up the guys who work their, the shop cars, and their "boys", but will do a half ass job on everyone else. I've witnessed this first hand
very diappointing to hear. we need someone to be the designated tuner for elitecm that way we know we are getting a quality tune.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Knocturnal84

Knocturnal84 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »

i know.... everyone is charging about 400 for tuning the FIC. I would gladly put that in one of you guys hands if you knew what you were doing

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
msedacca

msedacca pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »

Mase at Stage6Motorsports(Jacksonville,FL) and the rest of the FL area is great, Jason (Jdog) at Phantasm in NC, Raleigh mostly were both great tuners that I had wonderful experiences with. Jason had my car for about 12 hours of tuning, Mase about 2.

Sex should be like driving a honda....
slow, obnoxious, and loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'm a huge newb with cars, but I just happen to have a turbo.
turbHO
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 09:52:24 PM »

I've heard good things about Mase.  Most people up here charge around $500-$700 to tune on kpro.  Some shops charge an hourly rate, while others have a flat rate.  There are some shops where you get taken care of.  There's a shop near me that did an awesome job on my exhaust, but I was very unhappy with their tuner when he did my first tune on kpro.  I wasn't there because I had to work, but Cham was there and didn't feel that the tuner knew what he was doing.  I voiced my concerns to the shop's owner, and he made things right when I rented their dyno so Cham and I could dyno tune my car.

Tim
Knocturnal84

Knocturnal84 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 10:48:44 AM »

Update... The FIC-8 that i have wont reflash so they need to have to call AEM Tech to walk them through it... Driving to Orlando every week is kinda crazy so i am looking into alternative sources like STAGE6. CFT is kinda also giving me the run around by not calling back when they said they would. I called STAGE6 today and left a msg. Lets see if they will figure this out for me

Update on the Un-tuned CAMS
The sweet spot is at 3000rpm to all the way to the shift point. But in 2 and 3 she will start to lean out if you stay on it too long

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
k24cm_5
Fucking Newb

k24cm_5 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 12:56:08 PM »

good luck man!!

Knocturnal84

Knocturnal84 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2009, 08:50:47 AM »

HMMMM i am always hitting a dead end. Mase is going to Canada with his car ro go race and wont be back till Oct 6 so he is out of the question for now.

CFT coudnt reflash the FIC and told me that they would have to call them to get tech support and i was able to REFLASH the damn thing in my living room. Shit like this upsets me

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »

Quote from: "Knocturnal84"
HMMMM i am always hitting a dead end. Mase is going to Canada with his car ro go race and wont be back till Oct 6 so he is out of the question for now.

CFT coudnt reflash the FIC and told me that they would have to call them to get tech support and i was able to REFLASH the damn thing in my living room. Shit like this upsets me

And you are paying them how much? CFT = noob if you can figure it out yourself. I think they should be paying you man.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Knocturnal84

Knocturnal84 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2009, 05:13:03 PM »

I stopped calling them cause they are full of shit and i found out first hand. YEAH ITS OFFICIAL, I HATE THEM BITCHES TOO.

I talked to MASON(nice guy) about a tune but he wont be able to do it right now cause he is leaving. Tim over at flaccord.com pointed me to a site  called RACEJAX.COM   i found another reputable shop close to home in jacksonville called VELOCITY TRENDS. http://www.velocitytrends.com/index.htm

They are working to get me scheduled in next tuesday so hope this falls through

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012