Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:59:37 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EBC Black Zinc slotted and dimpled rotors  (Read 5574 times)
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »

I was considering these when we were in the market for Gunmetal/hyper black rims. Now that we've got the polished aluminum I dont think it would flow right with our theme. So this question is posed for those who may think these will look good on their ride.  Would you get the same effects from these as you would if you painted your rotors? Basically I'm asking if the black would wear off where the pads come in contact. I think black rotors would look awesome but if it's gonna wear off then I guess they're just considered a show item.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 04:59:10 PM »

Painting your rotors is a bad idea.  It will wear off and you will have reduced (if any) stopping power while the paint is on 'em.  IMHO, they're just rotors and really wouldn't make much of a difference in performance if they're black or not.  If you really want black rotors instead of the regular silver or goldish looking ones, go for it.  I'm sure they would look pretty cool.  I'd get 'em if Brembo made a set of black blanks, but I'm not all that hot on the slotted, dimpled, or cross drilled rotors.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 02:13:46 PM »

No i wasnt planning on painting our rotors black.  I'm asking if the black part on the zinc ones  where the pads grip will rub off the same as if u painted em. We dont want them anymore cuz of the color of our rims.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 05:15:55 PM »

Only one way to find out.  I'm assuming that the metal is actually black, so it won't wear off like if you painted it.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
JohnnyG123

Reputation Power: 2
JohnnyG123 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 10:04:58 PM »

it sounds like it would be the same as the gold zinc plated rotors where the gold would wear off at the contact patch after the first few uses. but still i think that would make for a nice clean look behind the wheels with  no rust on the rotor hub and edges.

'10 Accord EX-L V6 6spd
jim
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
jim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 03:26:34 AM »

^what he said... They're just zinc plated, which means that any friction surface will wear down past the zinc and soon enough they'll look like regular old rotors.  The real added benefit is that the hub area will stay the right color and the whole rotor will be protected from corrosion.

[size=150]jim[/size] | EliteCM Profile | CSCC Solo | CA Hwy 2 Team
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 12:42:13 PM »

Yeah that's what I figured. Since they would be black I dont think a different color circle from the friction would look good because it would stand out more than it would on the gold ones. I'm considering slotted and dimpled just because I dont like the blank look, too boring for me.  Plus I know a lot of people that have had the cross drilled and slotted for over a year with no problems. I think those with the color matched calipers would be pure hotness!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 08:04:09 AM »

I think this is a perfect idea for my stealth mode theme specially now that I need brakes and cannot afford BBK just yet. What would be the best distributor for EBC stuff guys?

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 08:38:40 AM »

I might actually get these for the front of my car. I got the brembro blanks in the rear. I don't know i'll have to look, and weight my options. i thik i'm going to paint the hub area of the blanks just to keep them from rusting.
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 09:22:12 AM »

Quote from: "Blackhawk"
I think this is a perfect idea for my stealth mode theme specially now that I need brakes and cannot afford BBK just yet. What would be the best distributor for EBC stuff guys?

I've gotten all my EBC stuff from autoanything.com. I forgot all about this thread.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 10:26:28 AM »

I like the EBC Ultimax rotors. Slotted and clean looking. Not expensive either.

Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »

Yeah those are the ones I ended up goin with back in August. Paired em up with the Green stuff pads, I love em. I upgraded the front and rear at the same time but I forget what I spend total, maybe in the high $300's total.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 10:31:52 AM »

I was thinking their blackstuff pads. What's the greenstuff all about Derrick? If BB messenger is easier for ya just hit me up..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012