Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:56:50 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oem Calipers  (Read 5268 times)
Bwek
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
Bwek pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2009, 02:13:23 AM »

anyone try to fit DC-5R front brembo calipers to there cars? we get them fairly cheap here in Canada usually about $500 for the complete front spindles both sides even tho i would only use the calipers no one sells them seperately

anyone try to fit them? they are really nice pieces 4 piston bright red brembos mmmmmmm
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 12:46:21 PM »

I'm pretty sure the knuckle is different, which means the caliper bolts will not line up. But who knows, try it and see if it works.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 04:57:05 PM »

Wait, what?  You're trying to see if anyone has gotten a set of DC5R calipers to fit?  I've never heard of anyone trying that one yet.  I guess it's worth a shot.  I'm still pretty pleased with my Legend GS sedan caliper conversion because it's a direct bolt on without needing to replace knuckles and other shit.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Bwek
Fucking Newb

Bwek pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 05:41:42 PM »

I know the knuckle for sure 100% is different but as far as the spacing of the mounting holes it should be same hopefully i just don't wanna shell out the cash to find out it doesn't work

oh just so you know Timot if legend calipers will fit your car that means nsx and s2k calipers will fit Smiley just thought i should share that but im not sure what disc you would use

it's common that the guys that have the ITR 5 lug throw Legend calipers, s2k or nsx because they all share the same bolt spacing so

infact the Cb7 station wagon shares the same brake caliper as a integra type R  hrmmmmm

i wanna rock them soo bad but i have no place to do any kind of fab work so it would have to be pretty much a bolt on and go maybe if i can find a spare CM7 front knuckle i play with it... hrmmmm to many ideas
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 07:56:19 PM »

Wait a minute NSX calipers? Are you sure
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »

At that point, I would just go for something aftermarket.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Bwek
Fucking Newb

Bwek pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 12:58:38 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Wait a minute NSX calipers? Are you sure

yes i am sure the bolt spacing is the same but the disc i am unsure about
Bwek
Fucking Newb

Bwek pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 12:59:39 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
At that point, I would just go for something aftermarket.

but but OEM brembo 4 piston calipers for $500 canadian...
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 06:22:10 AM »

The disk has to be bigger on an nsx which means that the caliper wouldn't work because there wouldn't be room for the disk you would have to have a bracket made.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 08:14:32 AM »

I wouldn't be putting my safety at risk by using something that "may" work.  If the calipers don't sit right and the pads don't make proper contact with the rotor, you're going to be compromising your braking (and safety).  Some OEM stuff can be swapped, but that means you would have to get the calipers and test fit them to make sure they will actually fit properly.  I would rather use a swap that's been proven to work, like the Legend GS calipers, or just go aftermarket.  I'm not willing to be cheap when it comes to my safety.

Tim
Bwek
Fucking Newb

Bwek pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 03:58:24 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
The disk has to be bigger on an nsx which means that the caliper wouldn't work because there wouldn't be room for the disk you would have to have a bracket made.

the first gen NSX had fairly small Rotors 11.1 i think which is the same as Accord the 92 NSX had 16"wheels lol
Bwek
Fucking Newb

Bwek pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 04:01:14 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
 I would rather use a swap that's been proven to work

Theres only one way to find out if its proven to work, the Accord never came with 2 piston front calipers so someone had to try it

anyone know what the spacing between the mounts are? the measurement
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 05:13:46 PM »

I'd have to find my old calipers and measure them.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012