Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:28:17 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawk Pads  (Read 7953 times)
Accord1234

Reputation Power: 1
Accord1234 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2009, 03:23:45 PM »

I used to have the Hawk HPS pads. Alot of dust and noise. I wanted to get the Hawk Ceramic for the front of my car. I looked it up and came up with part number HB447Z. Its for a 05 Accord Ex 4 Cy. When I went to the parts store I was told that those pads were for the 05 Accord 6 cy only. I called up Hawk at 1800-542-0972 and they said it was an error or sumthin. Can I use those pads on a 4cy Accord? I wanna stick with Hawk and the Ceramic seemed the best.
Thanks, Tommy

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A2 ... 39017.aspx
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:45:08 AM »

dont know. but ceramic is not very good for everyday driving becouse they need to be brought up to certain temp to work right, if you just do normal driving it will not stop as well and they will eat up your rotors a lot faster.

did you try EBC green or red stuff?

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »

I agree on the part that the Hawks are dusty but they are pretty damn good. They brake a lot better than stock pads. The only cons I can actually find is that they're more dusty.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 01:14:53 PM »

Ceramic pads aren't good for daily driving.  But if you called Hawk and they said they will work, I would assume that they have done enough R&D to give you the correct answer.  Unfortunately, you were fairly vague about what Hawk told you so I'm not sure what the actual "error or sumthin" was.  Considering that the rotors, calipers, and pads are different for the i4 and V6, I can safely say that V6 pads will not work on your i4.  I will also suggest that you use parts that are made for your car and application when it comes to maintenance/upgrades that involve your safety and the safety of others.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 10:01:13 PM »

ok what brand would be good. need brake pads for GS calipers wich Rusty is hooking me up with.
by the way ebay has 15% off car parts now so check there first id say

Hawk
EBC green or red stuff?
Akebono
Axxis
Satisfied

which are ok and which are to stay away from

Hawk HPS are 80 from tirerack
EBC green stuff are $66 shipped from ebay

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:15:51 PM »

EBC Green stuff seems to be a classic favorite of many car enthusiasts and some core members on this site including Skip and Chris. I'm debating on which brakes to get once my stock ones go out. They are holding up so well but then again I don't rag my car.

AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »

well waiting for seller to get back to me. right now some ebay users got 15% off on car parts and its pretty damn good discount so trying to get SS brake lines and green stuff, total would be about $177 or so if it works out

Accord1234 sorry forgot your name from the meet but here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EBC-GREE ... ccessories

or this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EBC-GREE ... ccessories

Misha
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »

Not a bad deal. I heard some good stuff about the EBC green stuff. I might have some good news. I called up The Tire Rack and complained that the Akebono pads I had bought cracked after 4000 miles they might refund me a credit. Ugh! Such bullshit with brake pads. Now I gotta see what the deal is. lol
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 10:06:37 PM »

what were you doing that you cracked your pads?
was rotors resurfaced when you put akebonos on?

Misha
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 08:20:12 AM »

so green stuff over hawks?
i need to order them today so answer would be nice

Misha
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 09:32:56 AM »

That final call I'll leave up to you. I mean the Hawk stops great but get alot of dust and noise towards the end. The EBC heard some good stuff about, but never used them myself.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 10:34:34 AM »

FYI, Brembo also makes sport pads for the Legend GS calipers.  That's what I have on my car right now.  They're not half bad.  I'm going with EBC stuff when I do my brakes again this summer.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 11:40:08 AM »

I've had EBC Green Stuff on my front for close to a year now and I love those pads.  They throw very little dust and stop well.  I just won a brand new set for the rear on eBay for $30 shipped.  You gotta love eBay sometimes!  Now I just have to get some rear rotors and paint those bitches so they don't rust.

Genevieve has Akebono on the front and I fucking hate those pads!  They throw so much dust that even a clean wheel will look like it hasn't been washed in a month after one day.  I would not recommend Akebono to anyone that even remotely wants to have clean wheels.  I heard the same about Hawk pads and for that reason I'm sticking with EBC.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »

EBC it is

just will have to pain them red so it doesn look like xmas tree on my wheels couse calipers are gona be red

ok why not get redstuff? its not ceramic pads but rather

Misha
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
EBC it is

just will have to pain them red so it doesn look like xmas tree on my wheels couse calipers are gona be red

ok why not get redstuff? its not ceramic pads but rather

Not sure about the red stuff vs green stuff but I've heard that the red stuff pads need to warm up to brake well which is not ideal for most DD circumstances.  Then again the diagram seems to suggest otherwise.  Not sure, perhaps more input or research is needed.  

They come with a set of black shims.  I would still recommend painting the pad but I would choose black over red.  The contrast is nice.  That's on my list of things to-do when it warms up.  Here's what they look like with just the shims.  

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012