Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:49:04 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broke my braided lines!?!? :(  (Read 8750 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 08:25:01 AM »

+1. Definitely contact them regarding this issue. To have lines fray up and fail like yours did is no bueno.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
another_person
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
another_person pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 10:36:34 AM »

I'll contact fastbrakes when they open and figure out what kind of line it is, but seriously, its pretty retarded how the lines fray. I mean shouldn't the metal jacket PROTECT the line??

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 10:59:48 AM »

Quote from: "another_person"
I'll contact fastbrakes when they open and figure out what kind of line it is, but seriously, its pretty retarded how the lines fray. I mean shouldn't the metal jacket PROTECT the line??
It's designed to protect the line, yes; but braided lines also require more maintenance.  Dirt can get in between the braid and the teflon; this dirt can then rub against the teflon and cause it to leak.  There are some hoses with plastic coatings that help prevent this.

The SS braid helps protect the line in cases of accidents and debris that could slice the rubber coating on OEM hoses.  But they aren't susceptible from fraying if they are rubbing against something, like the inside of the wheel.

- Mark
another_person
Fucking Newb

another_person pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »

Yea, so it just doesn't make sense why it would happen. It happened near the fittings too, not just right in the middle, so it has to be more then rubbing. Maybe the lines are just a hair too short and my car should just be lowered...hum...Driving in to work this morning did suck though, I don't think I really appreciated how well the kit really did improve my braking Sad

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 01:30:29 PM »

I'd definitely have another conversation with fastbrakes.  This is now 2 instances where your life was in danger because of a faulty product they sold you.  You should definitely ask them to replace the lines for free.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
hondaguy214

Reputation Power: 1
hondaguy214 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 03:14:22 PM »

so let me get this straight. this is the second time that you have replaced the ss line on your car? was it that same side that did it twice? Did it leak/break in the same space. I find it kind of weird if it broke in the same spot twice. The second time did you rotate the line like they told you to do? If you did i would call them and talk so a supervisor/manager from whichever company made the line directly. Let them know about your problem. This is a serious concern especially if you followed the directions to a t and rotated the line. See if you can get a free line sent to you. or discount on a replacement.

NECM SQUAD#6
another_person
Fucking Newb

another_person pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 03:47:48 PM »

yup, this is the second time it happened on the same side, the first time it happened to the opposite side. The first time it happened on either sides was near the top of the line, and the 2nd time it happened it was near the mount. I still haven't called them yet, but hopefully I can call them within the next few hours...

another_person
Fucking Newb

another_person pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 10:56:43 AM »

So I finally called them yesterday, and they've already switched suppliers...They have a new supplier that makes the lines slightly different, I can't remember how they're different, but he's sending me a pair to check them out, so they'll be here tomorrow or thursday. As for the other ones failing, he kept saying how its almost unheard of, and how it doesn't make sense.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 12:43:33 PM »

At least you're getting some resolution. Keep us posted.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 03:22:57 PM »

That's a good thing they're trying to take care of you at least.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012