Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:38:10 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Innovative Motor Mounts  (Read 7570 times)
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:15:19 PM »

Saw somethin about it in the K Series section, but nothing in J series.  I'm thinkin about ordering a set of 75A Black motor mounts from innovative.  Any reviews?  Anyone on here use them?  Let me know, and thanks in advance.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 02:18:53 PM »

Jus get your OEM mounts poly filled. My poly filled OEM mounts cause a lot of vibration I can provide you with that feed back.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 08:30:27 AM »

I emailed the guy at XLR8 about the kit to make sure which mounts come with it, and he actually ended up recommending their brand.  They are only $10 more so I'll prolly end up gettin em.  I just wanna make sure mine are actually bad before I blow the money.  So I'll do the handbrake thing and see how the mounts react.  I'm thinkin its just the passenger side mount, because when I had it on the dyno a couple weeks ago the motor was shakin a little bit... but then it jumped up like an inch.  Just once, but enough to get me thinkin. lol

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 08:32:40 AM »

Ryan you have PM...
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 08:42:23 AM »

When I swap out the mounts, can I do it with the car sittin on the ground or will I have to put the front end up on jack stands?  Seems like a silly question... I know.

-Ryan

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 11:24:10 AM »

Car has to be off the ground. I'd suggest removing your radiator to do the front out. There is enough space to get the mounts out in but, the angles have to be perfect. Trust me I ended up buying a new radiator because the mount went through the old one.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 11:33:12 AM »

Wow... dont freak me out like that. haha

-Ryan

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 02:34:52 PM »

Just jack the front end and pull the radiator to do the font one. The right side one could be done with the car on the ground and a jack supporting the weight of the engine.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 02:48:16 PM »

I gotcha.  As always, thanks for the info Mike. haha

-Ryan

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 04:58:46 PM »

Or, just leave your radiator in that way you have a good excuse for an upgraded one.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 10:10:02 PM »

Lol Nice Z.  Honestly I dont even wanna buy the mounts... but the vibration/shake is getting worse.  Its almost to the point where I wish something would actually just break so I would atleast know and be done with the headache. lol

-Ryan

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012