Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:10:34 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need build idea for my k24a4  (Read 29218 times)
wai_pang2

Reputation Power: 1
wai_pang2 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2009, 12:18:14 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
And basically why I want to get it done by within a budget is basically the whole point of a k24/20 frank is a poor man k24a2.

You're so wrong with that one man.  I'm not sure where you got the idea that a K24/K20A2 is a poor mans K24A2.  A K24A2 long block is going to be less expensive than building a frankenstien motor.  You forget the cost of new/different pistons and rods, head studs, gaskets, oil pump, chain guides, having the block machined, and so on and so on.  All that little shit adds up.

From what I know, the K24A2 is a good upgrade for a simple swap that will give you a bit more reliable power.  A K24/K20A2 frankenstien is if you're building a race motor.  That's why guys like Cham are making 500+ hp on a build like that.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't Cham have 2 TSX's long blocks sitting pretty.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 01:20:10 PM »

I'm sure he can find one if he doesn't have some already.  I'm not sure what he has at his place in Oregon, but the last time I was at his place out here he didn't have any.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wai_pang2

Reputation Power: 1
wai_pang2 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »

I was refering to the motors he has in the for sale section unless they are sold.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2009, 04:19:08 PM »

Considering the age of the thread, they probably are sold by now.  You never know though.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
BliNx197

Reputation Power: 7
BliNx197 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2009, 10:09:58 AM »

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
Both sedans. I have steely,CAI and TSX. He has 18 rims, SR headers and exhust and pulley. both cars are well kept. All car had nothing in the trunk, He is an DX i am LX

In addition to driver error it could be 4 other things. 1. The fact that you have steelies and hes running 18s could be causing a problem with his stock suspension, harsher ride causing slower acceleration and/or the fact that they are heavier than your steelies. 2. If his engine is older he could be losing compression have them do a compression test on both of your engines if you really wanna figure this out. 3. TSX intake Mani is a huuuuuge difference in the k24s mid range power, I installed mine and it was a night and day difference, and 4. The fact that hes got headers, exhaust and a stock intake could have slightly reduced his back pressure.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2010, 03:40:16 PM »

I say make it stick. And then mod from there. It will be way faster than putting all f that other stuff into an automatic.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »

Woah.  Major thread revival.  He actually got rid of the car and got a V6 6MT in it's place.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012