Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:17:27 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need build idea for my k24a4  (Read 29212 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback guys. unfortunately I just got screwed out of a summer job. so this project will be put on hold for now, but I will keep on researching. I think I would like to add some rdx injectors into the equation also.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »

Why don't you just go find another job for the summer?  That's what I would do if I wanted to work and make some money.  RDX injectors are a great fuel system upgrade, but you may want to make sure it's necessary before you blow the cash on them.  I'm going to repeat advice that Skippy has given to plenty of people (myself included), figure out what kind of build you want and what your power goals are.  Then get the parts you need for that specific build.  You've been kinda wishy washy about what you want to do and haven't committed to anything yet.  Make a commitment first, then buy parts.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 07:11:34 PM »

yeah thanks tim. I applied for 3 more jobs after i got rejected. I am not sure at the moment like what I want. Like the main this is can the tranny handle it? Next would be will i be happy with the power. like having camshaft done would be great but that would probably be as far as I can go with N/A set up. From there I would probably have to booast. But boasting might cause problem with the tranny.

I totally agree with you with me being wishy washy that why I been asking alot of questions. I want to make sure that it is done right and i am happy with it in the end because this is probably the last major thing I do to my motor. After that it will just be looks, electronic, and brakes.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 08:40:53 PM »

Well, that's one of the biggest reasons to make your mind up before you start wasting money.  If you get cams for a n/a set up, and then decide to boost your car, you've just wasted money on cams that aren't meant for your build.  I also think that you're limiting your options if you think the only thing you can do is get cams for a n/a build.  If you really want to do it properly, then you would consider a better flowing head with performance VTEC.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 10:26:38 PM »

Yeah tim your right about that about making up my mind. I am going to think long and hard about this before I do anything.
O yeah just to let you know the cams can be used for F/I or N/A set up. i looked it up on BC

Alright thanks for all the help guys and keep the idea flowing. I am going to sure 100% that I want to do it and just do it.

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 03:04:29 AM »

I was looking around in k20a and saw this

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42500

wow k24a4 bone stock with a turbo = GG lol

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 07:19:33 AM »

Well, it has been done before.  If you really want, you could just pony up and get the RTC turbo kit and call it a day.

Tim
BliNx197

Reputation Power: 7
BliNx197 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 08:59:12 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Well, that's one of the biggest reasons to make your mind up before you start wasting money.....  If you really want to do it properly, then you would consider a better flowing head with performance VTEC.
+1 because then your stuck with left over parts from another build you planned and then decided to switch routes half way through.

If you want a 3 lobe Vtec head Ive got a k20z3 head for sale. Ive heard its the best flowing head available in the USDM hondas. Just tossin ideas out  :wink:
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 10:27:36 AM »

I'll keep that in mind BliNx197. TY

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 11:45:55 AM »

The head is definitely a good upgrade, but will require replacing the pistons and rods.  I was in the same boat for a while about what I wanted to do with my build also.  That's why I didn't get a header until last year.  I've already comitted to the build that I'm doing and have acquired some of the main components, but I still need one thing for my final build.

Tim
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 02:26:27 PM »

tim how much did all that stuff cost you? If I am to do it I want to use my stock block. I can get the the tsx piston and rods for 120, but I was looking at the crv piston because I really dont want to run 91. I am willing to run 89 on the n/a set up.

I will look into it more on k20a

BliNx197

Reputation Power: 7
BliNx197 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »

I got crv pistons too, and as for 120 for tsx rods n pistons u better check that again cuz just cuz they're  oem doesn't mean they'll work! according to paul used pistons is a big mistake
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »

I ono about use piston are a big mistake. Its true that I dont know where they have been but they are oem. They are suppose to last the life of the car. Cuz I checked out online CP pistons are 400 + I beam rods are another 400.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2009, 05:25:55 PM »

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
tim how much did all that stuff cost you?

I never said what I have.  I'm not telling anyone what my plans are actually.  It's a secret until after it's installed.

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
If I am to do it I want to use my stock block. I can get the the tsx piston and rods for 120, but I was looking at the crv piston because I really dont want to run 91. I am willing to run 89 on the n/a set up.

If you swap your head and raise the compression, you're going to want to run 91 or 93 anyway.  Again, you're continuing to take short cuts and be cheap about things.  No offense man, but with your philosophy about performance, you're better off leaving your car alone.

Tim
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2009, 05:50:23 PM »

cali only has 91 there not a lot of places that sell 93 gas that I have seen.

And basically why I want to get it done by within a budget is basically the whole point of a k24/20 frank is a poor man k24a2.

The other reason why I ask if I can run lower grade gas is that my parents like to fill up my gas tank when I go home for the long weekend with either regular or plus. That being said I don't want them to screw up my motor and have it knocking all over the place because I know that the TSX requires 91 only. It even says so on the gauges on my friend tsx.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012