Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:05:54 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Site Suggestions  (Read 161250 times)
Heckler

Reputation Power: 0
Heckler pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2009, 08:01:07 PM »

Quote from: "mnkyman"
I know this is a fairly new site, but once we get everything looking spic and span (ie: header, entrance page), we should update the meta tags and search engine submission.

Also, Tim...you may want to set your nameservers to private. At the moment, anyone can get your name, addy, phone, email via the whois.net (its public information if you don't set it to private). Also, looking at your info on whois, looks like this site is hosted by 1and1, i use them as well and i know they provide the "private" setting for free. Just go to your domains and you can set as private.

I'll offer any help that I can, but for the time being I'm super busy with school and also trying to set-up my cycling team's webpage. Shoot me a pm or email if you have any questions though.

+1 on the meta tags.  However, you don't think that would attract noobs?  

On that note, I think we should have the same activation process as the original G7A.  It keeps out spam (for the most part, except for the guest forum), and it keeps lazy noobs and their "do these fit" posts out.  However, I think meta tags are important too.

Also, I understand that Tim is very busy so if anyone else could jump on the ball and start designing us a  better  banner, that would be sweet.  No offense to the maker.

- Heckler

Fujita intake, DC header, TSX IM, P2R Gasket, Hondata Gasket, Homebrewed catchcan, Ralco pulleys, Apex'i WS2 catback, Ingalls TD.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2009, 12:38:48 AM »

Quote from: "mnkyman"
I know this is a fairly new site, but once we get everything looking spic and span (ie: header, entrance page), we should update the meta tags and search engine submission.

Also, Tim...you may want to set your nameservers to private. At the moment, anyone can get your name, addy, phone, email via the whois.net (its public information if you don't set it to private). Also, looking at your info on whois, looks like this site is hosted by 1and1, i use them as well and i know they provide the "private" setting for free. Just go to your domains and you can set as private.

Good suggestions Sam.  I'll definitely take you up on that offer.  I'm as busy as you are, but we'll have to try to work something out to get some more changes made so we can improve the site.

Quote from: "Heckler"
+1 on the meta tags.  However, you don't think that would attract noobs?

Well, that's something that every forum will have.  We all have to start learning somewhere.

On that note, I think we should have the same activation process as the original G7A.  It keeps out spam (for the most part, except for the guest forum), and it keeps lazy noobs and their "do these fit" posts out.  However, I think meta tags are important too.

We do have an activation process.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=26

The guest forum is actually hidden from registered members when they log in.

Also, I understand that Tim is very busy so if anyone else could jump on the ball and start designing us a  better  banner, that would be sweet.  No offense to the maker.

There is a thread about that also.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65

Jim created the original images, but I took them and made the banner.  Thanks man.....

.....thanks!!

Anyway, I know there is a lot of tweaking to do.  Eventually, we will have more features and a sexier look.  My main focus will always be improving the content found in the site.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2009, 12:22:55 AM »

More smileys? On the other board I'm on (houston-imports.com) there's a plethora of funny/useful/useless smileys' that we can probably use on here (can probably get the .gifs from there to use also)  :lol:

Here's a link to all of them:

http://houston-imports.com/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2009, 01:39:34 AM »

Eventually, updating the smiley list will happen.  Right now, that's very low on my list of priorities.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2009, 08:11:41 AM »

A Delete Post button So when I screw up nobody knows.....

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2009, 11:09:43 AM »

I'll get on that in a little bit.  I just have to change the permissions you guys have.

Tim
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »

Hey I dont know if anybody mentioned it or if it's even possible at this point but I like it when you can scroll over a topic and read what it's about before actually opening it.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2009, 11:54:11 AM »

I believe that's a feature of vBulletin.  I'll have to look into it and see if phpBB3 can do that too.

Tim
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2009, 12:14:59 PM »

Just a suggestion maybe a collage of a few members ride on the initial page...
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »

Quote from: "ROLO"
Just a suggestion maybe a collage of a few members ride on the initial page...
There is a thread about this in the off topic thread. It's asking for suggestions for a new banner check it out.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2009, 01:39:15 PM »

I think he means the first ECM page Mike.  Rolo, we are working on that.  PM me pics if you guys want.  I'll try and make something when I'm on vacation in FL.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2009, 02:06:48 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I think he means the first ECM page Mike.  Rolo, we are working on that.  PM me pics if you guys want.  I'll try and make something when I'm on vacation in FL.

My apologies sir, I was confused, and thought that they were the same item.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 05:59:34 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
A Delete Post button So when I screw up nobody knows.....

You should be able to delete your own posts now.

Tim
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2009, 06:42:22 PM »

Thank You.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2009, 07:06:06 PM »

I was unable to test it out as you, so let me know if you see an "X" in a box above the quote box in your posts.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012