Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:23:22 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOPI Nationals 2012  (Read 5840 times)
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »

Just received an e-mail from Mark Meyers, President of NOPI Industries.  NOPI Nationals is officially back for 2012  Grin.  They have moved venues but I think this new one might actually be better.  Details below:

What: One of the largest car shows in the nation
Where: Atlanta Dragway, 500 E. Ridgeway Rd., Commerce, GA 30529
When: September 22-23, 2012

The event used to be at Atlanta Motor Speedway (the NASCAR track) but apparently that venue proved to be too expensive to start the show back up.  The new venue is just as big in terms of SqFt so there will be more than enough room for all the cars, but it also has a full drag strip and for the first time ever show participants will have the option to drag race their cars in a controlled environment on a sanctioned track!  Should make for a pretty good time! 

I went to Nationals in 2005, 2007, and 2008; easily one of the best times I have ever had in my life.  There is also a Club Participation option so I would like to guage interest in possibly getting a large EliteCM contigent together to participate in this event.  Clubs get discounted rates on tickets, private parking areas so everyone can park together, and their logo/website will be listed on the official NOPI page.  I think it would be awesome to have a pseudo Mega-Meet at this event, let me know if you might possibly be interested!  Tim - Any thoughts on the club option?

Here is the exact e-mail I got from Mark:
"Car Clubs,
I wanted to send you an email letting you know that after a 4 year absence, the NOPI NATIONALS is returning Sept 22-23, 2012. I hope this is welcome news and that you and your club will make plans to attend. The dates have just recently been confirmed so promotion is beginning. If after speaking with your members, and if you decide that your club will be attending, please forward me your club or group logo and link to your website so I can add it to the “club participation” page on NOPINATIONALS.com. It’s at a new venue: Atlanta Dragway. It’s a world class Drag Racing facility that’s just as large as the former venue. It’s location is about 60 miles north of Atlanta. There is a link on the website that shows hotels, restaurants and shopping all within 1 mile of the track so it’s not in the middle of nowhere. All car show participants will have the option to drag race their vehicles if that’s of interest you. I hope that you’ve enjoyed the show in the past and will participate to help bring it back to its former glory as largest car show of its kind in the country. In this economy and with such high gas prices, this is going to be a very difficult task. None the less…It’s on. I’d appreciate your feed back or any assistance with promotion in your area.

NOPI NATIONALS 2012
It won’t be the same without you!

Mark Meyers
NOPINATIONALS.com"

Here is a link to some of my pictures from 2008 Nationals: NOPI Nationals 2008 Pics

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 11:54:48 PM »

I'll have to look into this when I have more time and better access to the Internet.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 01:22:01 PM »

Sounds good Tim, let me know when that time comes as I can provide you with a bit more information to help you out.

Anyone else potentially interested? 

Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 08:57:13 AM »

Registration has opened for anyone who is considering going.  I am already registered, parking in Asian - Street 1.  Would love to see some of you guys there.

http://nopinationals.com/dsp_shows.php

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 03:14:12 PM »

Probably not gonna make it. I've got too much shit going on to be able to take a trip down to GA.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 08:14:07 AM »

Completely understandable...well registration is open all the way until the day of the show so if plans change you can always join!  Plus, I am sure you would wanna take advantage of the free T&T drag racing if your motor is done by then.

Also, just an FYI for everyone: Registration is only $35 for the weekend for both car & driver, with an additional passenger only $25 for the weekend.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 10:19:16 AM »

I really don't need to test an tune much. If I brought my car, it would already be dyno tuned. The only adjustment would be the shocks.

Tim
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »

The event has not sold out yet, if anyone is still interested in attending this weekend.  The weather is going to be absolutely perfect.  To all the members if the ATL/TN/SC area, come on out and just attend the show!  I promise it will be a good time.  Check out the website to see all the awesome stuff going on this year...

www.nopinationals.com

exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 01:40:26 PM »

I would so ride down this weekend but I'll be in knoxville

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »

I would so ride down this weekend but I'll be in knoxville

Haha I will actually be passing through Knoxville on my way...I-75S!  I feel ya, believe me I went and bought a bigger SD card for my camera, there will be epic amounts of video's and pics posted once I get back.

exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 02:06:21 PM »

What time are you heading through? If you're gonna be on 75 you'll pass right through chattanooga as well. Depending on time we could meet for breakfast or something

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 02:24:25 PM »

I'll be at a wedding this weekend. Can't make it.

Tim
Accord Euro-R

Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 02:41:07 PM »

I am leaving Columbus around 5pm on Friday, and its about an 8 hour drive to the show.  I will probably be passing through Chattanooga around 11:30pm-12am?  Probably won't be able to stop unfortunately...

Well I am sure the wedding will be fun too Tim, hopefully this year goes well at the show and we can get a big contingent together for next year.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012